BABYLON Synthesizer is in development

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

EvilDragon wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:41 am Make it sound great no matter the CPU. Layzer's computer will end up in smoke some day anyways and he'll have to get a newer one eventually. :D
make it so devildragon can actually make music with it instead
of scanning for viruses or whatever the hell he does with his plugins :idea:
https://soundcloud.com/layzerkvr/ramirez-dragon-slayer
Last edited by layzer on Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Stefken wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:00 pm For all other users, just develop a synth that sounds good.
but who cares if theres enough CPU left even with the latest processor to
sequence a song with it, right? :idea:
it will be the big hit with all the expert one finger noodlers.
Last edited by layzer on Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

come at me :box:

I love the smell of crackling synths in the morning! :D

Tom,

First off, I'm glad Amazona found a new partner to do this since we never had the resources to do another project.

I would have preferred if you called it "After Tyrell N6 there'll be a new freeware synth from Amazona...". Or "following the spirit of the Tyrell project, we now do the Babylon project".

The narrative of "superseding" and "officially succeeding" in the sense of "replacing" or "emerging from" is very misleading. The two synths are not related in any way, and I find it rather weird that such a relation is promoted here and on Amazona.de (without consulting with us at all). The idea to base the feature set on community input is what they have in common, and that is all there is to that. But they will not be feature compatible or in any way be based on one another.

u-he has nothing to do with this new project, and I do not wish to be confronted with questions about it or TN6' future. If Amazona wants to drop TN6, it's entirely up to them. We'll gladly take it back and move forward with it.

Furthermore I guess "never change a winning team" is a bit of an accidental phrase here :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hope this can be fixed into a more realistic form.

Thanks,

- U

whooooooooohooooo Axel Hartmann :clap: Already a good start.

zerocrossing wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:34 am ... I’d love for just a Neuron 2 as a VST.
:tu:

With N1 stuff importable.
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

good post U-he. noted.

Admittedly, the first thing I thought was .. U-he is making a follow on synth to Tyrell N6.

generaldiomedes wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:39 am Admittedly, the first thing I thought was .. U-he is making a follow on synth to Tyrell N6.
Exactly. From the headlines I’ve read, I assumed this was another U-he synth.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

It was clear in the text that it comes from the software company UJAM, Axel Hartmann and the entire Amazona community.
Only for you Urs I have made a special gift and changed. Hope it's fine now.
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

MillerSam wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:26 pm It was clear in the text that it comes from the software company UJAM, Axel Hartmann and the entire Amazona community.
Only for you Urs I have made a special gift and changed. Hope it's fine now.
Thanks.

I'm just saying, Babylon doesn't "replace" Tyrell N6. I think some of the confusion is simply due to translation from German to English, where the scope of some words changes the meaning dramatically.

- U

layzer wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:32 am make it better on CPU than tyrell is
Get a new computer, bro.

Not sure if i like the name, "Babylon". Tyrell N6 is so much better. :) Axel Hartmann is great though, so, i expect the GUI to be fantastic. Hopefully they'll up the polyphony, and bring some more tricks on board.

mike_the_ranger wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:42 pm whooooooooohooooo Axel Hartmann :clap: Already a good start.
who?

Axel. The guy who designed Moogs, Waldorf's and Access's hardware. :) (and probably a lot more i'm not even aware off now)

Also known as Axel Schweiss or Axel Haare. (Sorry, German insiders)

Return to “Instruments”