UVI Falcon - hybrid instrument - version 3.01 released - rumors, ads, praise, mud wrestling and off-topic inside!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

rasmusklump wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:59 am On the newest version the menus still aren't visible on Win 10 20h2
Confirming this is still a bug in Win 10. Falcon v2.1.4 x64.

Edit - checked Intel graphics vs NVidia Quadro M2000M and the issue is in both. I also tried turning on and off the OpenGL rendering in the Falcon standalone app preferences with no effect.
------------------------------------------
Gribs

Yes, same issue - menus are hidden under a grey rectangle and only show up on rollover/click. Win 10 latest build. NVidia 1080 graphics. My CPU is an AMD Ryzen 7 2700x so no onboard graphics option to try.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

Gribs wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:23 pm
rasmusklump wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:59 am On the newest version the menus still aren't visible on Win 10 20h2
Confirming this is still a bug in Win 10. Falcon v2.1.4 x64.

Edit - checked Intel graphics vs NVidia Quadro M2000M and the issue is in both. I also tried turning on and off the OpenGL rendering in the Falcon standalone app preferences with no effect.
Will be fixed in next version.
It was fixed in a special branch but we forgot to backport it to the master one...
Sorry about that.
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team
http://www.uvi.net

Is there a way to set a root sample folder for my own samples? I came across this in Melda MSoundFactory and it's pretty slick. All patches get saved with the samples relative to a configurable root, so when I move my sample folder to a new drive (or load it on a different machine), all I have to do is configure the root path, and all the patches will work. Does Falcon support something like that?

padillac wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:51 am Is there a way to set a root sample folder for my own samples? I came across this in Melda MSoundFactory and it's pretty slick. All patches get saved with the samples relative to a configurable root, so when I move my sample folder to a new drive (or load it on a different machine), all I have to do is configure the root path, and all the patches will work. Does Falcon support something like that?
No there isn't, if you move samples you have to reassign them which is a semi-automatic process per patch.

I was thinking of picking up Quadra in the sale but after watching and listening to demos it does sound very robot-like (wife just said "is that your ring-tone?"!). I have Falcon. Is there a way of humanising the sequencers in Quadra? It's something Fluid Strike does so well. Maybe that's not what Quadra is aiming for though i.e 'organic' sounding?
Humanise is so important on sequencers and arpeggiators.

pinki wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:59 am I was thinking of picking up Quadra in the sale but after watching and listening to demos it does sound very robot-like (wife just said "is that your ring-tone?"!). I have Falcon. Is there a way of humanising the sequencers in Quadra? It's something Fluid Strike does so well. Maybe that's not what Quadra is aiming for though i.e 'organic' sounding?
No, the sequencers in Quadra (and Falcon) don't have a humanise function, it's all hard quantized. I requested a shuffle function, let's see...

OK, that's a shame. I know humanising is not to everyone's taste but it is sometimes helpful for taking the edge off that machine feel.

I have picked up Drone instead.

pinki wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:59 am I was thinking of picking up Quadra in the sale but after watching and listening to demos it does sound very robot-like (wife just said "is that your ring-tone?"!). I have Falcon. Is there a way of humanising the sequencers in Quadra? It's something Fluid Strike does so well. Maybe that's not what Quadra is aiming for though i.e 'organic' sounding?
You can record the MIDI of each layer's ARP and then drag/drop that into your DAW where you could apply some humanization to it. You have to do it one layer at a time, but then each layer back in Quadra can receive from a different MIDI channel, so you could turn off the ARP for each layer and play the recorded MIDI through each sound layer.

At least that's my theory...

Dan
Windows/Mac | Studio One, Live, Logic | Push 2, Maschine MKIII, Atom SQ | Presonus Quantum 2, Focusrite Scarlett 2i4, | Fender, Godin, Taylor

Top workaround Dan, thanks.

I'm surprised that drag and drop of MIDI and audio onto our Multi Envelope missed the discussion in the previous discussion about "Speed / ease of creation".
Instantaneous.
Falcon user since 2015

newuser2014 wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:21 pm I'm surprised that drag and drop of MIDI and audio onto our Multi Envelope missed the discussion in the previous discussion about "Speed / ease of creation".
Instantaneous.
I don't know what this means. What is happening? You drag midi or audio clip to the envelope--what does that do? Many thanks.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Dirtgrain wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:38 pm
newuser2014 wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:21 pm I'm surprised that drag and drop of MIDI and audio onto our Multi Envelope missed the discussion in the previous discussion about "Speed / ease of creation".
Instantaneous.
I don't know what this means. What is happening? You drag midi or audio clip to the envelope--what does that do? Many thanks.
The Multi Envelope. It will translate the drag and drop to the shape of the outline of the MIDI or audio . We can modulate anything with that ~positive or negative. The other envelopes don't.

Speaking of fast and musical, try a small amount of the drunk modulator on the >amount< of any other modulator.
Another: The attack decay envelope sounds great anywhere a decay is needed to apply to any area of sound design.
Falcon user since 2015

Hi, I use Falcon v2.1.4 on macos. Now it seems that I cannot save patches anymore, using the tool menu. Is it a bug, or what am I doing wrong here? EDIT: Had to enable the "Enable Keyboard" checkbox in Renoise. Weird.

The pitch shift delay in Pigments 3 is great for shimmering effects and made me look for it in Falcon. Can I do something like that in Falcon without diving into LUA? Would be great to have such a delay in Falcon or in Relayer as a FX1/2 option…

Return to “Instruments”