Saurus Arpeggiator expansion/soundset released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Saurus 4

Hi,

Tone2 just released a new expansion/soundset called "Arpeggiator" which obviously is focused on Argeggiator and sequencer sounds:

http://www.tone2.com/html/arpeggiator.html

http://www.tone2.org/forum/index.php?topic=1571.0

The soundset includes 200 new presets for Saurus, 100 Arpeggiator patterns which could be loaded into Saurus and 2 new skins for Saurus.
Most of those Arpeggiator files should be compatible with Tone2 Rayblaster.

You could also save all other patterns included with the presets as Arp files and use them in both Saurus and Rayblaster. The latest version of Saurus is necessary to load/save Arp files.

Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Wed May 01, 2013 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

I had submitted 40 presets for the soundset and 17 are included with the final selection. I created audio demos of all of those and one bigger demo with multiple patches.

1.) longer demo with 7 Arpeggiator presets and two pads from the factory sounds (no external FXs added):

Saurus Arp - Dirty Little Sauquences Part I

2.) 17 single preset demos (single instance, no external FXs added):

Saurus Arp - Acidic Arp 1
Saurus Arp - Acidic Arp 2
Saurus Arp - Acidic Arp 3
Saurus Arp - Bellic Monday
Saurus Arp - Brassy Octaves
Saurus Arp - Brassy Poly 5
Saurus Arp - Dance Arp 1
Saurus Arp - First of Nine
Saurus Arp - Harpic Flow
Saurus Arp - Mallet Arp
Saurus Arp - Nine of Nine
Saurus Arp - Pulstar 2013
Saurus Arp - Seventh Saws
Saurus Arp - Six of Nine
Saurus Arp - SupersArp 2
Saurus Arp - Two of Nine
Saurus Arp - Vibraquence

Some of the those use "polyphonic" sequences which means that with multiple notes played the sequence will be played for each of those notes.

Personally i am quite new to programming Arp/sequencer sounds (my focus usually is on pads, leads, bass and polysynth sounds) so besides a few example in the past this is my biggest collection of such sounds (together with the unpublished ones) i have done so far.
Maybe later i'll also publish some more demos from those other patches here.
In fact they wer already done but not converted to MP3 yet.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingonator wrote:I had submitted 40 presets for the soundset and 17 are included with the final selection. I created audio demos of all of those and one bigger demo with multiple patches.

Some of the those use "polyphonic" sequences which means that with multiple notes played the sequence will be played for each of those notes.

Personally i am quite new to programming Arp/sequencer sounds (my focus usually is on pads, leads, bass and polysynth sounds) so besides a few example in the past this is my biggest collection of such sounds (together with the unpublished ones) i have done so far.
Maybe later i'll also publish some more demos from those other patches here.
In fact they wer already done but not converted to MP3 yet.

Ingo
Hi Ingo

I will check out the the demos you made after work today, looking forward to it. =) I also want to hear the overall demo track they made using a cross-section of the presets.

The ones I contributed are the ones ending with RM in the name.

-Rob

Very impressive.

Thanks for the replies so far.

@Examigan: I am happy that you contributed your patches to this new soundset. Those sound are quite nice IMO.

Here is a screenshot (link from Tone2 website) of the new white skin for Saurus:

This looks comparable to the white skin for Rayblaster that is included with the "Futuron" soundset. In Rayblaster the white skin is my standard skin at the moment and i guess it will be the same for Saurus.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

Nice sounds ;)
I really like the new white skin as well! :wheee:

MaxSynths wrote:Nice sounds ;)
Yes those 2 skins look great, and I like the demo sounds that were used in there. :)

MaxSynths wrote:Nice sounds ;)
Hi Max,

like with all Tone2 soundsets there are also some nice patches from you (i guess i counted around 5). I really like those and your older sequencer sounds (e.g. ElectraX, Crysalis).

I am looking forward to receive the final version of the soundset including the new skins. I already got the patches but not the bonus content.
In Rayblaster the white skin (included with the Futuron soundset) is my standard skin now.

UPDATE:
I receive the full intstaller with the white skin and also an additional slightly modified white skin (i guess those will be provided to the customers too). Both of those white skins are really nice but the modified version is really cool.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

I got the installer today. I really like a lot of the presets. Great job by everyone involved.

The white skin is probably my favorite, more futuristic looking. But I still like the regular/standard Saurus skin as well. :)

just added this set to my saurus library; pretty nice (so far), need to explore it more. meanwhile...i LOVE the white skin, saurus visually now works for me; the white skin, no keyboard...am happy.

That white skin would've made programming it 2X as ez, wish it had been around to start with ha-ha. :D

Did anyone else receive the updated white skin with the "blueish" knobs yet? (I got it from Bastiaan) That one is my favorite at the moment.

This is a screenshot of two of my favorite synths with a white skin:

Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Sat May 04, 2013 7:23 am, edited 3 times in total.
Ingo Weidner

This is very exciting, a bank focused on arps in one of my favourite synths on this planet! :hyper:

TheoM wrote:This is very exciting, a bank focused on arps in one of my favourite synths on this planet! :hyper:
If you are interested in Arps and sequences this is a "must have" bank IMO. :)

(...and the the ElectroniX bank from MaxSynths for ElectraX of course.)

Yu could also save every pattern as an Arp file and use it for any other patch or even in Rayblaster as most Arp files are compatible with it.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

These audio demos are really nice and i love that white skin. Well done ;-)

Rob

Return to “Instruments”