favorite supersaw synth?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

what synth do you enjoy making super saws with and why?
~Pyrotek45

Tone2 Electra 2.1 added multiple modes like e.g. Virus TI Hypersaw and Roland Supersaw to the "Ultrasaw" oscillator. The Hypersaw sounds almost 100% identical to a Virus TI (i just sold mine BTW but not just because i got Electra 2.1 too...).

Currently also using samples of the TI (done before i sold it) in my Waldorf Blofeld and PPG Wave 3.V.

U-He Diva has the best emulation of the Roland JP-8000 oscillator and not only the Supersaw. The Feedback oscillator and other modes are included too.

The "Überwave" feature in the Waldorf Nave VA oscillator (other two are wavetable oscs) could sound very nice too and it also works with other waveforms like Square, Triangle Pulse and PWM.

The Supersaw in DUNE 2 is great too and the best is taht it works with all waveforms including wavetables and the FM mode.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Electra 2 is great but Sylenth 1 still sounds best to me

LuSH-101 can produce some insane supersaws, even if you use just one (!) layer with unison. Even if you detune it alot, it still sounds very nice and rich. Apart from that there's Spire of course, Dune2, Serum and Helix are also very good for supersaws.

If you want to go free, Synth1 can produce some nice supersaws as well and if you don't care about programming, "T-Force Alpha Plus" comes with a lot of good sounding Supersaw/Hypersaw presets.

Omnisphere 2 is what I am using now.
Massive, Serum. Diva, Repro-1, HIVE, Spire presets, Reason ReFills more! https://NewLoops.com

What does a supersaw from omnisphere sound like.i have never owned it to know.
~Pyrotek45

My Roland System 1 and the Roland JDXi :)
Sylenth
Omnisphere

Superwave Professional and a no longer developed one called GFP (Beta)
:tu: All is good

I like Spire and DUNE 2 for that. Spire for the ease, and DUNE 2 for the many possibilities with the unison engine.
Last edited by Yorrrrrr on Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Access Virus Ti2 ! Best SuperSaw Ever.

I don't like the Supersaw sound as such, hence I use Hive for other kinds of sounds, but it said somewhere (probably in some KVR thread) that the Supersaw sound is one of Hive's strengths.

Frankly, I don't know how to tell the Supersaw sound apart from other detuned multi-wave sounds, which are easy to make with all kinds of synths that have polyphonic unison. I am talking about the sound of it, I know Roland used a rather specific technology for it...

maserman wrote:Access Virus Ti2 ! Best SuperSaw Ever.
+1. There's a reason for those millions of "which soft synth is closest to a Virus?" threads. :D
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Xhip
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

I make supersaws using Massive and Sylenth1 in a patcher.

Ingonator wrote:Tone2 Electra 2.1 added multiple modes like e.g. Virus TI Hypersaw and Roland Supersaw to the "Ultrasaw" oscillator. The Hypersaw sounds almost 100% identical to a Virus TI (i just sold mine BTW but not just because i got Electra 2.1 too...).
+1 Electra2 is really nice for these type of sounds. Even like it better for that than Spire or Sylenth.

Return to “Instruments”