So, will you, or have you bought Sylenth1?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Sylenth1

Just wondering. :) Still undecided here whether i should go for it or not... stomach says yes, brain says no. :P Frankly, brain seems a little stronger so far though. How about you?

Personally I'll go for Hive again. Though Sylenth is tempting but I know that it's only because I know some people using it. It gives me nothing that I don't already have.

Have been in the same situation, but I think I will pass on Sylenth1 once and forever.
After hearing the analog balls of the Rhodes Chroma in some of those YT videos, I tried to reproduce that on a few synths today, comparing them both on the headphones and on speakers. And frankly (sorry LD) Hybrid 3 simply blows S1 out of the water in that respect.
Maybe if I made EDM, I would think differently, but for my stuff the analog beefiness and mere sound quality of Hybrid 3 are more important that supersaw, modern types of modulation, faster LFO's, and such things.

Now, if Air fix the few niggles I have come across and already told them about, I will be completely happy and cease to even investigate other synths :)

Lejurai wrote:Personally I'll go for Hive again. Though Sylenth is tempting but I know that it's only because I know some people using it. It gives me nothing that I don't already have.
Yep, same here kind of. :lol: Still GAS'ing for something, as usual in christmas time. :P

@ fluffy: Fair enough. It's cool to find "your" synth anyway. It's a really pleasing feeling to own something which really works for you, IMO.

I bought but I don t have the time to touch it yet (I recently purchase zebra / dark zebra / repro 1 / spire / khz one / hive / bazille / ace / serum / cubase 9 / Dune 2 / Output Exhale ...)

I focus on Zebra only to know it the best I can..

If a VST is popular it is because it s a good synth.

Zebra and softube modular are the best synth IMO , Sylenth too , but it is not the 'same kind' of synth....
Last edited by hivkorn on Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Overpriced and under featured

Sound is ok. OK isnt good enough for me.

Pass.

hivkorn wrote:I bought but I don t have the time to touch it yet (I recently purchase zebra / dark zebra / repro 1 / spire / khz one / hive / bazille / ace / serum / cubase 9 / Output Exhale ...)

I focus on Zebra only to know it the best I can..

If a VST is popular it is because it s a good synth.

Zebra and softube modular are the best synth IMO , Sylenth too , but it is not the 'same kind' of synth....
Gee, you are buying way too many overlapping synths there :P

Sylenth1 came in a right time, where cpu was an issue etc. Its easy to use, dont really do anything special. There are synths that can do everything sylenth1 does. I saw hive as suggestion, ive owned hive, it sounds a bit more unique then sylenth1. Can modulate more sources, cant do everything sylenth1 can exactly the same but its more unique then sylenth1. Sylenth1 probably has most patches among synths. So is patches somehting u like maybe take a go at sylenth1. Sylenth1 still sound good. if u want it get it, for me i leave it in the dirt atm and would sell it but cant because u cant resell it. bought it second hand.

Frankly, i feel like it has it's "high time" already, every time i try it. Yes, sounds nice, sounds warm, saturated, nice supersaw, okay filters (not the best), but, frankly, feeling a bit spoiled here. There's simply more recent stuff, which sounds great, and, especially in terms of filters, the progress is perceptible. Actually, because i trashed Dune 2 a few times here, i gave it some more time this afternoon, and played a bit more in-depth with it, and must say that, even though i'm still not sure about the general character, those filters are surely something. At least, i would say, for 95 €, as it costs now in the sale, it offers much more value for money. And is superior technically. All it needs are Moog ladder, and Virus filters (the Expander filters are pretty nice though), and maybe a bit less "strawy" envelopes (yes, sorry, that's still one of the main issues i have with it, even when switching on "analog" envelopes. I can see that that might not be an issue for people who simply don't do plucky, or trancy sounds), and it could be really cool. But, that's pretty much a point of view, as i wrote, technically and feature wise, it's superior in any way to Sylenth1. I must say though that i liked playing with it, and my prejudices rather came from demo'ing it when it came out, and neither had the analog style envelopes, nor the Expander filters.
Last edited by chk071 on Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sylenth1? LOL, no way!

Stomach said yes, brain said no. Stomach won. But now I regret it. DUNE 2 is a better synth (also on sale at $99), so, I will sell Sylenth1 soon to repurchase DUNE 2 (sold the license recently, which I also regret).
Last edited by Yorrrrrr on Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Yorrrrrr wrote:Stomach said yes, brain said no. Stomach won. But now I regret it. DUNE 2 is a better synth (also on sale at $99), so, I will sell Sylenth1 soon to repurchase DUNE 2 (sold the license recently, which I also regret)
:)

Don't worry, we're all like that here on KVR. :hihi:

Yorrrrrr wrote:Stomach said yes, brain said no. Stomach won. But now I regret it. DUNE 2 is a better synth (also on sale at $99), so, I will sell Sylenth1 soon to repurchase DUNE 2 (sold the license recently, which I also regret)
Oh my :hihi: Your buyer will have to pay a hefty transfer fee :P

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

Damn GAS.

I feel that DUNE 2 can do whatever *I* would need from Sylenth1, but not the other way around. Do you guys thinks it's worth to keep both or too much overlap? Maybe I'll keep Sylenth1, just for the bazillion presets, IDK.
Last edited by Yorrrrrr on Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”