One Synth Challenge #109: Fathom Synth by Seaweed Audio (mmGhost wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Fathom Synth

Fathom updates and Bug reports here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=482501

Click here to Vote! (Open to all at KVR who entered or have 40+ posts)

Here's How Voting Works:
  1. 1. Login or Register here, but make sure to *Read the Rules for voting*
    2. Listen to all the amazing tracks of the month , and comment on Soundcloud
    3. All tracks are scored from 1 to 5, by dragging them over.
    4. **YOU MUST score ALL tracks by the end of the day on the 15th, and if you don't vote, you are disqualified**
    5. Tell us you voted here in a forum post
    6. If you have problems, let us know :)
    7. Most importantly... have fun!

**MAKE SURE YOU READ THE RULES** | See Contest Page for latest track Submissions, Info, FAQ & More

**Voting Tip / Life Hack**
You can zoom out on the voting page to see many more tracks. Also you can use the mouse scroll wheel while dragging, or keyboard page up/ page down, or cursor keys to easily navigate the page. This is all done from the browser. To zoom out easily, just hold down ctr+mouse wheel or cmd+mouse wheel, or cmd/ctr+minus/plus keys on the keyboard.

Welcome to the One Synth Challenge #109! It's a friendly music competition where you can win cool prizes but most importantly, meet amazing musicians, and learn a lot about mixing, sound design, and more! :)

Submissions will show up here once voting starts:
https://soundcloud.com/kvrosc/sets/one- ... 109-fathom

Want a chat room with other OSCers? Join our slack here

This is a fun one! "Fathom is a new audio plugin designed for the professional studio. Fully modular signal flow and clear high quality sound. Modulation designed for Electronic Dance Music.", Thanks to DoctorBob, Jasinski, scrubbing monkeys and others for suggesting this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxvEADDwawMv

Prizes:
(Would you like to be a sponsor / prize donor? Contact me via PM or go ahead and post your intended donation here! Get a cool mention on our donator wall of honor)

Special Note:
Soundemote and Ridan is offering a secondary prize (on top of the normal prize): If you would like your winning track on spotify, please specify so as well, or you will be contacted by rghvdberg.

A VERY special prize offering from Seaweed Audio:
1st place: Pick one of the following: VPS Avenger, Diva, Lush-101, Serum, Sylenth, or Synmaster Standard;
2nd & 3rd place: $100 towards any software instrument;
1st - 5th: Lifetime updates to Fathom Synth Pro

Synthmorph: Any 1 soundset

KV331 Audio : Synthmaster One

Sonimus : Any one Plugin

Tritik : Echorus (effect plugin)

Soundemote : PrettyScope (beautiful analog oscilloscope), you may choose this as a secondary prize on top of your regular prize.

Audio Thing : Outer Space (vintage tape echo plugin)

NUSofting : 1 Copy of Modelonia v2 Synthesizer

JRR Shop : UVI: Digital Synsations (vintage 90's synth sample library and player)

Dmitry Sches : Tantra Multi-Effect + 3 Expansions

Dmitry Sches : Diversion

KV331 Audio : Synthmaster

Touch The Universe Productions: LuSH-101 Cloud Layers soundset

The FXB Project by alvfaria : Any 3 commercial sound banks. See the main site here

Guda Audio : Euterpe XL

Wusik : 1 bundle of Wusik 8000, Wusik Station 8, and Wusik EVE v3

Abstract Cats Music : AbiTron Bank for Synthmaster

satYatunes : One of any commercial product

Xenos Soundworks : Choice of any 1 product

Ghostwave Audio : Any two soundsets of Choice

Twolegs Toneworks : Any one soundset

The Unfinished : Any two soundsets of Choice

Rob Lee Music or here : A soundset for either: Sylenth1, Predator, Largo, Blofeld, PPGV3 or Dune

Luftrum : One soundset free of choice.

Ridan: Any one soundset as a secondary prize, on top of the regular prize.
haunting soundscapes, atmospheric chords, layered pads, anamorphic guitars,
brass and woodwind-esque, rhythmic/melodic sequences, and macabre sound effects.

Kreativ Sound: RAW Bundle
(RAW Bass, RAW Drums, RAW TranSID, RAW Textures)

Aiyn Zahev Sounds: Any 2 Soundsets of choice from the website (Uplifting Trance Presets)

Studio 13.37: Pro audio studio on a USB stick

Pooya Payvar (Stonail) : 1 custom made Max for [Ableton] Live: controller, midi or audio effect

Mulperi : 1 Soundbank of Choice

Dream Audio Tools : 1 Indie Fingers bundle (Indie Fingers volumes One and Two)

Bjulin : Inspire soundset for Zebra²

LeapIntoTheVoid : Enchantment Of Absynth Trilogy

Bluff Munkey - 2 soundsets of choice

Solidtrax : 1 Soundset of choice

Any other offers of prizes will be greatly appreciated. :hail: :hail: :hail:

Questions? Comments? Concerns? You want some love? Just post here in this thread :)

Want to try out your skills in other contests / competitions /challenges?
  • DiHalt Demoscene competitions
  • Indaba - Has a mix of popular and indie artists with various contests like remixing and song writing. Some people from OSC have had success here.
  • KVR Mix Challenge (see stickies) - Who can mix a song the best (Without adding extra recordings /musical additions)? Each person starts out with the same stems.
  • Music Cafe (KVR, see stickies) - A thematic monthly competition. Use recording, real instruments, synths and samples.
  • RemixComps - An aggregator for remix contests from a variety of artists and genres (mostly EDM) - indie and popular.
  • Skio Music Contests - Lots of remixes you can join (Mostly EDM) - big prizes.
  • Soundevotion (SDCOMPO) Competition - Even longer running than the OSC, the SDCOMPO is even more niche in that you must use a tracker, and set of specific effects. Great community.
Last edited by bjporter on Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:11 am, edited 14 times in total.

I would suggest to bookmark this thread here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=482501
It's the best way to follow the numerous bug reprots, fixes and the fast release cycle...

] Peter:H [ wrote:I would suggest to bookmark this thread here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=482501
It's the best way to follow the numerous bug reprots, fixes and the fast release cycle...
:tu: updated

Could anyone please be so kind to post some presets? I am quite lost without them as a starting point! :help:

And find bugs we will, this synth sounds great but it clicks so easily I haven't really spent too much time with it!

Darksynth FX wrote:Could anyone please be so kind to post some presets? I am quite lost without them as a starting point! :help:
Go to https://www.fathomsynth.com/updates
and scroll down to the link for Fathom Preset folders only.
Put those folders inside the folder that contains the FathomMono dll.
The presets were split apart from the dll so people would not have to continue to download the same presets on version updates.
Win10 x64, Reaper 6.XX x64, i5-3330, 8gb ram, GTX-970, UC-33, Panorama P4, Wharfedale Diamond 8.2 and JVC HA-RX700

functionform wrote:it clicks so easily
Damn. Oh well, it looks user friendly enough to figure out without too much effort, hopefully can submit something this month.

Looks like it is on sale for $15 as well, normally $80. You would think that is something they would advertise on the front page.

Looks like fun. As you can see the Poly Pro version is on sale at $15, which is a snip for this fast developing synth. It will have a sampler and so on as time goes on.

Worth keeping an eye on the development thread too as it lists the bugs and will also inform when bugfixes are done and a new point version released. I'm sure we will uncover bugs as we bash it.

BJ? Can we make sure we all use the free MONO version in order to keep the playing field level?

The latest version is not such a cpu muncher as it was. But, be aware it can eat resources, but I'm sure we can work our way around it with judicious freezing etc.

Looking forward to the challenge indeed. Hope everyone else is too.

dB

But is it in its final stage? There is like atleast 2 updates a month or something.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

functionform wrote:And find bugs we will, this synth sounds great but it clicks so easily I haven't really spent too much time with it!
Haha.... I'm getting the clicks like crazy too....

So far my kick goes "*click*BOOM*click" :dog:

So it's unstable. Then i won't participate in this osc either.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Frostline wrote:
Darksynth FX wrote:Could anyone please be so kind to post some presets? I am quite lost without them as a starting point! :help:
Go to https://www.fathomsynth.com/updates
and scroll down to the link for Fathom Preset folders only.
Put those folders inside the folder that contains the FathomMono dll.
The presets were split apart from the dll so people would not have to continue to download the same presets on version updates.
Thx a lot! That leads me to the question that we also had last month: Are we allowed to use all the factory presets (including the samples/wavetables) without restricitions?

Darksynth FX wrote:
Thx a lot! That leads me to the question that we also had last month: Are we allowed to use all the factory presets (including the samples/wavetables) without restricitions?
:lol: :party:
Well maybe we will get an official answer this time. :pray:
Win10 x64, Reaper 6.XX x64, i5-3330, 8gb ram, GTX-970, UC-33, Panorama P4, Wharfedale Diamond 8.2 and JVC HA-RX700

I'm going to try to keep whining to a minimum this time. The developer is super attentive and looks like he has another update coming Monday. Hopefully it will help to keep clicks down.

I will say its hard for me to not be excited about additive synths. I don't know why but they just grab me and hold me everytime. They are my "type" I guess. Something about those purest of tones. On a tangent, any other additive lover should go check out Rex Basterfield and his excellent quilcom series. They are flowstone, but the sound quality is amazing on them. Windows only I believe. He does very interesting options on them, he has at least 4 additive synths and each has a different twist on manipulating harmonics. Almost all of his synths incorporate FM too, so you can get really creative with just a few partials and some light FM. Unlike Thorn for example where you would FM one OSC to another, Rex lets you FM at the partial level in a couple of his synths. Beautiful sounds, but not the most Reaper friendly, have to set compatibility options and even then it seems to slow the DAW.

ANYWAY. Hope this osc works out well. Good luck everyone.

edit: ooo Diva as a prize too.

Return to “Instruments”