Waves Element(29$ today only) vs Sylenth1(139eu permanently)

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
VELLTONE MUSIC
KVRist
454 posts since 19 Sep, 2017 from Planet Earth

Post Wed May 16, 2018 5:07 am

Hi i was just about to buy Element when decide to ask user's here if you have both is it worth to waste time with Elements when have Sylenth1 - i am kind of addicted to discounted prices so ....hihihihihi :)

Stefken
KVRian
565 posts since 9 Nov, 2016

Re: Waves Element(29$ today only) vs Sylenth1(139eu permanently)

Post Wed May 16, 2018 5:18 am

You can't go wrong with Element.
It's not Sylenth though.
Sylenth is a Trance/EDM machine while Element is a more generic synth with an strong old skool analog sound.

Personnaly I think Sylenth is overrated by now. The sound is somewhat dated.
I guess Spire, Dune2, Viper are a better option now.

VELLTONE MUSIC
KVRist

Post Wed May 16, 2018 5:22 am

yeah i want va machine with fat retro sound with this price,i am testing now ...my addiction is stronger than me hahahahha :)

Elektronisch
KVRAF
2247 posts since 3 Feb, 2010

Post Wed May 16, 2018 5:41 am

if you are going to use and like it, then its worth 29$, if not why to waste 29 dollars :)

VELLTONE MUSIC
KVRist

Post Wed May 16, 2018 6:24 am

yep it's about discount hihihihih not need it actually - what still stops me is installing process of waves - i have few free friday stuff of theirs and it's pain in the ass all this :)

Elektronisch
KVRAF

Post Wed May 16, 2018 6:32 am

VELLTONE MUSIC wrote:yep it's about discount hihihihih not need it actually - what still stops me is installing process of waves - i have few free friday stuff of theirs and it's pain in the ass all this :)
If its only about the discount, id personaly say do not overburden yourself with another synth and do not waste money, better treat your wife,girfliend (or yourself) with a nice dinner or a movie (id rather do that at least) :D

VELLTONE MUSIC
KVRist

Post Wed May 16, 2018 6:49 am

yep not bad but it's too simple - anyway this year there will be many interesting new synths so better save for serious upgrade - anyway will buy Thorn CM at least to scratch the addiction hahahahah :)Cheerz :)

fluffy_little_something
KVRAF
12044 posts since 5 Jun, 2012 from Portugal

Post Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:16 am

Is Element 2 still a CPU hog?
I really like the feature set (perfect scope for my taste) and GUI, but I won't buy it because of the shell thingy and Waves license center - and because of Israel's politics.
The inherent sound is somewhat particular. Either one likes it or not.

Examigan
KVRAF
4291 posts since 15 Sep, 2005 from East Coast of the USA

Post Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:49 am

If you want cheap, get Hybrid 3 for $1

https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/ ... 5-Hybrid-3

It’s a pretty cool synth. I just wish they’d update the displays so you can re-size them larger.

Oopi
KVRer
25 posts since 1 Jan, 2018

Post Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:31 am

fluffy_little_something wrote:Is Element 2 still a CPU hog?
I really like the feature set (perfect scope for my taste) and GUI, but I won't buy it because of the shell thingy and Waves license center - and because of Israel's politics.
The inherent sound is somewhat particular. Either one likes it or not.
I bought these wave synths element2 and codex wavetable when there was sale last year. I like how they sound and they have lots of usefull presets but Element 2 eats resources like Rosie O'Donnell. I mean Diva is nothing compared to elements 2 cpu usage. And the gui is kind of small also. So I like the sound but because of the resource hogness I just play it alone.

makingmusic
KVRer
4 posts since 11 Aug, 2018

Post Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:04 am

I like how element sounds. The price is also great.

Sylenth1 sounds somewhat raw, but you can shape your sound. There are many free and commercial presets, especially for trance music or EDM.

Scrubbing Monkeys
KVRian
566 posts since 21 Apr, 2017 from Bahia, Brazil

Post Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:05 pm

Yoad Nevo did a tantastic job on the factory banks for Element. Third party banks will never happen because the pita browser set up. Very enjoyable to program and is up there with the best sound wise.

ghettosynth
KVRAF
11103 posts since 13 Oct, 2009

Post Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:11 pm

Examigan wrote:If you want cheap, get Hybrid 3 for $1

https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/ ... 5-Hybrid-3

It’s a pretty cool synth. I just wish they’d update the displays so you can re-size them larger.
Yep! Hybrid 3 is not the best modernish synth out there but it is the best commercial modernish synth for a buck. Also, neither synth will replace Sylenth for most people who like Sylenth, and keep in mind that I think that Sylenth is VASTLY overrated, but people who love Sylenth aren't going to be convinced by other synths. So, if you really want Sylenth, pony up the cash, if you just want a cheap modernish synth, get Hybrid 3.

Elektronisch
KVRAF

Post Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:32 am

So yesterday and today i have checked this synth. Why no one is talking about it? it sounds amazing, i was blown by the quality of the sound. Its on par with Roland Cloud synths. I dont know how analog or analog it sounds at all, but the sound is :o

ATS
KVRAF
5824 posts since 21 Dec, 2002 from MD USA

Post Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:49 am

Elektronisch wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:32 am
So yesterday and today i have checked this synth. Why no one is talking about it? it sounds amazing, i was blown by the quality of the sound. Its on par with Roland Cloud synths. I dont know how analog or analog it sounds at all, but the sound is :o
Yeah I'm not sure. I think it is an amazing synth. Also pretty incredible you can get it for this cheap!
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls ~ Pablo Picasso

Return to “Instruments”