One Synth Challenge #129: Lith by Soda Devices (TheNeverScene Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Lith

Submissions:
https://soundcloud.com/kvrosc/sets/one- ... e-129-lith

Welcome to the One Synth Challenge #129! It's a friendly music competition where you can win cool prizes but most importantly, meet amazing musicians, and learn a lot about mixing, sound design, and more! :)

If you want to help support the development of Lith, send any bugs or problems here open source code is here.

Want a chat room with other OSCers? Join our slack here

Crazy synthesizer with a resizable GUI, dark mode, and awesome developer.

Prizes:
(Would you like to be a sponsor / prize donor? Contact me via PM or go ahead and post your intended donation here! Get a cool mention on our donator wall of honor)

Special Note:
We are offering a secondary prize (on top of the normal prize): FXB Project, or JRR Shop (Uncle E)

discoDSP : 1 copy of Discovery (Up to 2 winners may choose this)

KV331 Audio : Bundle of Synthmaster One + Synthmaster 2.x!

Wusik : 1 bundle of Wusik Station V9, Wusik 8008, Wusik SQ200 and Wusik P2000

Dmitry Sches : Tantra Multi-Effect + 3 Expansions

Dmitry Sches : Diversion

SoundGym : 6 Month Subscription. (SoundGym is a
"technological, personalized and gamified audio learning environment")

Sonimus : Any one Plugin (1 license given away per month, max 3 in persons lifetime)

JRR Sounds: Any 1 soundset (This is a secondary prize, you may pick it as well as your main prize)

Synthmorph: Any 1 soundset

Audio Thing : Outer Space (vintage tape echo plugin)

NUSofting : 1 Copy of Modelonia v2 Synthesizer

JRR Shop : UVI: Digital Synsations (vintage 90's synth sample library and player)

Touch The Universe Productions: LuSH-101 Cloud Layers soundset

The FXB Project by alvfaria : 1 commercial sound bank as an extra prize on top of the regular first prize. See the main site here

Guda Audio : Euterpe XL

Abstract Cats Music : AbiTron Bank for Synthmaster

satYatunes : One of any commercial product

Xenos Soundworks : Choice of any 1 product

Ghostwave Audio : Any two soundsets of Choice

Twolegs Toneworks : Any one soundset

The Unfinished : Any two soundsets of Choice

Rob Lee Music : A soundset for either: Sylenth1, Predator, Largo, Blofeld, PPGV3 or Dune. Unfortunately his main site is down, but if you still want these, let us know!

Luftrum : One soundset free of choice.

Kreativ Sound: RAW Bundle
(RAW Bass, RAW Drums, RAW TranSID, RAW Textures)

Aiyn Zahev Sounds: Any 2 Soundsets of choice from the website (Uplifting Trance Presets)

Studio 13.37: Pro audio studio on a USB stick

Pooya Payvar (Stonail) : 1 custom made Max for [Ableton] Live: controller, midi or audio effect

Mulperi : 1 Soundbank of Choice

Dream Audio Tools : 1 Indie Fingers bundle (Indie Fingers volumes One and Two)

Bjulin : Inspire soundset for Zebra²

LeapIntoTheVoid : Enchantment Of Absynth Trilogy

Bluff Munkey - 2 soundsets of choice

Solidtrax : 1 Soundset of choice

Any other offers of prizes will be greatly appreciated. :hail: :hail: :hail:

Questions? Comments? Concerns? You want some love? Just post here in this thread :)

Want to try out your skills in other contests / competitions /challenges?
Last edited by bjporter on Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:14 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Cool! Lith is a great synth :tu:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Looks daring, but I'm already at the point of searching for a documentation, because I can't figure out how to rout modulation... managed to turn on filter and play with the waveform and Env1, but that's about it... :shrug: ...guess I have to keep digging through the web, hoping to find some hints.

AH, found it! Could've sworn I did that already, but right click on a parameter brings up modulation... dang that's crude, but hey, if it works! :lol:

Sooooo...this is the CPU usage-improved version, is it. :scared: ...I would advice Soda to brace themselves, hahaha. :hihi:

There are a number of little things I could already suggest to them regarding UI interactions, but that's just superficial stuff. With a single oscillator and a lowpass filter I already manage to make my 12 core, Xeon machine stutter at less than 8 voices, so that's a bit scary. :?

Very nice synth, this month it's gonna be lit(h) :ud:
(Sorry)

Taron wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:51 am AH, found it! Could've sworn I did that already, but right click on a parameter brings up modulation... dang that's crude, but hey, if it works! :lol:

Sooooo...this is the CPU usage-improved version, is it. :scared: ...I would advice Soda to brace themselves, hahaha. :hihi:

There are a number of little things I could already suggest to them regarding UI interactions, but that's just superficial stuff. With a single oscillator and a lowpass filter I already manage to make my 12 core, Xeon machine stutter at less than 8 voices, so that's a bit scary. :?
You can change the quality setting.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Crashed it already!
don't use controls 5-8, they aren't ready yet.

I was trying to change a modulation source from one envelope to another. You have to double-click to open the menu of options, which leaves your mouse directly over controls 5-8. picking those crashes the synth :(

other UI gripe so far is that I have to use my keyboard to reset a control to default. That's an action I perform way more than routing modulation, so I like to have that available with one or two mouse clicks.
mostly here for the One Synth Challenge
you can hear some of my newest music at: https://wrenharmonic.bandcamp.com/ or https://www.youtube.com/@wrenharmonic

I thought, I saw 1/2 in the quality, haha, but even at X1 it's already scratchy as heck, aliasing away. That's really the problem with wavetable based synths. I may have a look at it again sometime later this month, but for now I'm happy that it might spare me the distraction. ;)
OH, but thank you very much for your suggestion and readiness to help, Halon! :tu:

No problem Taron :tu:

I have only a lot of crashes with Lith.
Running it under Win7 32 bit, because the 64bit file stoped download, due to a Trojaner problem.
I listened to the presets as usual and most of the sound keeps playing, even when I released the keys! Like I was holding the sustain pedal, but I didn`t. And when I play some chords in poly mode, I hear a loud ckrackling and the synth stops producing any sound, until I select a new preset.

So for me, this synth is unusable in the moment.
soundcloud.com/photonic-1

The 64bit Windows working well for me here. I hope there is no trojan! My system seems happy enough.

Everything working well with the synth for me so far, no crashes or problems - I really like it, nice sound and some nice UI approaches (as well as it being a little strange in places too, but no problem here).
So I am lucky on that front this time :)

Of course, I'm following my usual strategy of 'muck about and see what sounds good' rather than 'try to make such and such a sound' which tends me away from limits and frustrations with the synth and helps me find the sweet spots (for my ears, obviously). I have plenty of synths that excel at any sound I want, what's interesting for me is what this one makes easy/fun/rewarding...

I can confirm stuttering in quality settings above 1/2 on my Ryzen 5 setup :( .Everything else works fine.

Impressions so far - great for drums and percussion.

And I think I'm right in assuming that apart from mono, there's no way to limit polyphony...? That would be nice - hitting the RAM ceiling here as well (32GB) for some of my bell sounds - a somewhat slow release curve quickly forces me down to 1/4 quality in no time.
All Ted Mountainé's Songs on Spotify | Soundcloud | Twitter | His Latest Videos
The Byte Hop, the virtual home of Ted Mountainé – news as they might have happened.

Also, I came up with this great e-piano (no fx apart from the reverb) - but I can't get any action from my sustain pedal. Am I missing something there??

https://soundcloud.com/terjefjelde/e-pi ... in/s-dhh0F
All Ted Mountainé's Songs on Spotify | Soundcloud | Twitter | His Latest Videos
The Byte Hop, the virtual home of Ted Mountainé – news as they might have happened.

An interesting synth. It looked strange and unintuitive at first, but after a little diving it shows it's potential. An interesting waveshaping possibilities that allows to create some unusual waveforms and you dont even need to care about wavetables.

I have managed to get something like DX7 style bass sound, check it out. Use nodwheel to bring sub-osc that works as second modulator, it gives more "slappier" quality to the sound.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Some people don't like music created on a PC and declare it as "fake". I don't care. The only thing matters to me is the end result."
SoundCloud YouTube Patreon

Return to “Instruments”