NI have announced they will no longer activate discontinued products

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just got an email from NI where they stated that, after May 31st, they would no longer activate discontinued products like Guitar Rig Version 1-2, Battery 1 and 2, Komplete 2-4. I guess this means that Intakt, B4 etc. which I in fact still use, can no longer be activated. This really sucks, they should provide self-activation tools or installer without the need for product activation!

German quote from the email: "Nach dem 31. Mai wird es nicht mehr möglich sein, einige ältere und mittlerweile eingestellte Produkte zu registrieren. Dazu gehören u.a. Guitar Rig Version 1-2, Battery 1 und 2 sowie Komplete 2-4.
Du kannst diese Produkte zwar weiterhin in deinen Projekten nutzen, die Erst- bzw. Neuinstallation ist nach dem Stichtag jedoch nicht mehr möglich."

Link with further information: https://support.native-instruments.com/ ... 4f94c998f3

We should all email NI about our disagreement with this policy. Here is what I wrote to them:

English: "you have informed me that an activation of certain older/discontinued products will only be possible until 31 May 2020. This is completely unacceptable. Either allow activation beyond this period or provide product versions that do not require activation. I reserve the right to take legal action. Regardless of this: as a loyal customer for many years I am appalled by this customer-hostile activation policy, which will certainly have a strong negative impact on your future business success. In the future, people will think twice (or not at all) to buy a NI product!"

German: "Sie haben mich darüber informiert, dass eine Aktivierung bestimmter älterer/eingestellter Produkte nur noch bis 31. Mai 2020 möglich sein soll. Dies ist völlig unzumutbar. Ermöglichen Sie entweder die Aktivierung über diesen Zeitraum hinaus oder stellen Sie Produktversionen bereit, die keine Aktivierung benötigen. Rechtliche Schritte werde ich mir vorbehalten. Unabhängig davon: als langjähriger, loyaler Kunde bin ich entsetzt über diese kundenfeindliche Aktivierungspolitik, die sicher starke negative Auswirkungen auf ihren zukünftigen Geschäftserfolg haben wird. Man wird es sich in Zukunft zweimal (oder gar nicht erst) überlegen, ein NI-Produkt zu kaufen!"
Last edited by AKJ on Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Looking at the list: even sampling libraries are affected. I got and use some of them. This is a shame!!!

:cry:

Adding Native Instruments to the ever growing list of developers who will never get another penny from me. Good job N.I. :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

i can understand not wishing to support and work on 32bit but to not activate sample libraries? reckon they are trying to force people to buy into their new offerings all to keep the coffers filled. :( i have to agree with Tek... done with NI with this move. not that they are hurting me per se but they ARE hurting other customers by this action imo makes no sense to NOT activate a sample library they no longer sell. audio files don't go bad and do not need constant updating. now if it is a 'player' required item maybe... but i think some of those libraries can STILL be used inside Kontakt 6. not good turning their backs on past customers :(
"There is no strength in numbers... have no such misconception... but when you need me be assured I won't be far away."

So glad I replaced all of my C/R software from thieves like NI with other stuff from UVI etc...

Just imagine what will happen when they get out of business. Get a permanent unlock code ? Dream on.

This should be a good cause for legal action...

The oldest product I have from NI is Battery 3, so I guess I'm OK... for now.

Teksonik wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:18 pm Adding Native Instruments to the ever growing list of developers who will never get another penny from me. Good job N.I. :tu:
They are already there for me, I disliked when they started pulling Apple, so I never wanted to get into Kontakt (or I have a reason really, which is awesome) or any of their other products.

Teksonik wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:18 pm Adding Native Instruments to the ever growing list of developers who will never get another penny from me. Good job N.I. :tu:
Did they ever get one from you?

Do you own one of these old products?

I have lots of them in use. Mainly the libs but also the Instruments. At least the Libs should not be affected as they are still working in Kontakt 6. That is really a bad move from NI.

chk071 wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:52 pm
Did they ever get one from you?

Do you own one of these old products?
Yes a few of them. How about you ?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Nope. Thankfully I have the funds to use more current stuff. ;)

Wonder how you activated them anyway though. You said more than once that your studio PC is offline.

Menno! Mimimi...

Return to “Instruments”