One Synth Challenge #142: Vital by Matt Tytel (Jasinski Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Vital

Submissions:
https://soundcloud.com/kvrosc/sets/one- ... -142-vital

Welcome to the One Synth Challenge #142! It's a friendly music competition where you can win cool prizes but most importantly, meet amazing musicians, and learn a lot about mixing, sound design, and more! :)

Report bugs here on the forum, get support, and more here on Discord, Buy Vital here, Donate to Matt Tytell Here

Special Rules used this month:
  • Commercial Plugins are allowed, with the same restrictions as free plugins.
  • Text to Speech: Keep it clean, no obscenities!

Want a chat room with other OSCers? Join our slack here

Features: Spectral oscillator warping, connect everything with drag and drop, and all sections are visualized, with 60fps animations, see everything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMNrwBfBLS0?t=2833
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7x_rNq_O9CM

Prizes:
(Would you like to be a sponsor / prize donor? Contact me via PM or go ahead and post your intended donation here! Get a cool mention on our donator wall of honor)

Special Note:
We are offering a secondary prize (on top of the normal prize): FXB Project, or JRR Shop (Uncle E)

NEW Additional Bonus Prize!
For the first Single Instance entry to make the top 5 a small cash bonus of $30. (note: this prize may be carried forward to selected OSC challenges until it is won)

Vital Audio / Matt Tytel : 1x copy of Vital Pro for all top 5 winners.

$100 USD (or about 83 Euro) : Anonymous cash prize to ONE lucky winner! Thank you anonymous person! (Will be sent via Paypal, zelle, or another way if simple.)

Luftrum : Two Choices: Either 1x NFR software license of either Bioscape or Lunaris, or two soundsets of choice

Sonimus : (One Featured plugin each month), This month: Satson.

discoDSP : 1 copy of Discovery (Up to 2 winners may choose this)

KV331 Audio : Bundle of Synthmaster One + Synthmaster 2.x!

Dmitry Sches : Tantra Multi-Effect + 3 Expansions

Dmitry Sches : Diversion

NUSofting : 1 Copy of Modelonia v2 Synthesizer

Audio Thing : Outer Space (vintage tape echo plugin)

Guda Audio : Euterpe XL

JRR Sounds: Any 1 soundset (This is a secondary prize, you may pick it as well as your main prize)

SoundGym : 6 Month Subscription. (SoundGym is a
"technological, personalized and gamified audio learning environment")

Synthmorph: Any 1 soundset

JRR Shop : UVI: Digital Synsations (vintage 90's synth sample library and player)

Touch The Universe Productions: LuSH-101 Cloud Layers soundset

The FXB Project by alvfaria : 1 commercial sound bank as an extra prize on top of the regular first prize. See the main site here

Abstract Cats Music : AbiTron Bank for Synthmaster

satYatunes : One of any commercial product

Xenos Soundworks : Choice of any 1 product

Ghostwave Audio : Any two soundsets of Choice

Twolegs Toneworks : Any one soundset

The Unfinished : Any two soundsets of Choice

Rob Lee Music : A soundset for either: Sylenth1, Predator, Largo, Blofeld, PPGV3 or Dune. Unfortunately his main site is down, but if you still want these, let us know!

Kreativ Sound: RAW Bundle
(RAW Bass, RAW Drums, RAW TranSID, RAW Textures)

Aiyn Zahev Sounds: Any 2 Soundsets of choice from the website (Uplifting Trance Presets)

Pooya Payvar (Stonail) : 1 custom made Max for [Ableton] Live: controller, midi or audio effect

Mulperi : 1 Soundbank of Choice

Dream Audio Tools : 1 Indie Fingers bundle (Indie Fingers volumes One and Two)

Bjulin : Inspire soundset for Zebra²

LeapIntoTheVoid : Enchantment Of Absynth Trilogy

Bluff Munkey - 2 soundsets of choice

Solidtrax : 1 Soundset of choice (except for the Future Chill and Space Trips expansions)

Any other offers of prizes will be greatly appreciated. :hail: :hail: :hail:

Questions? Comments? Concerns? You want some love? Just post here in this thread :)

Want to try out your skills in other contests / competitions /challenges?
  • DiHalt Demoscene competitions - Developers may be looking for artists to make music.
  • Indaba - Has a mix of popular and indie artists with various contests like remixing and song writing.
  • metapop - Has many competitions, with a soundcloud like interface where you can share, upload, get likes, comments, etc.
  • Mix Challenge - Join monthly recurring Songwriting Competitions (with a new theme/genre every month) and/or Mix(ing) Challenges (mixing multi-tracks from scratch). Win prizes!
  • Open Source Music Nexus Challenge - From the people who brought you the FM Challenge last year!
  • Skio Music Contests - Lots of remixes you can join (Mostly EDM) - big prizes.
Last edited by bjporter on Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:53 pm, edited 12 times in total.

Gonna be a crazy month! :phones:

@ontrackp all your signatures have finally paid off! :clap:
Last edited by z.prime on Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

It's allowed the use sample osc.?
12 years old PC running :Reaper;Reason;Dune;Zampler;Kontakr;Reaktor;and many others countless vst :D

I would also like to hear exactly what restrictions on using Vital are there this month?

P.S. And congratulations to everyone on the first day of winter! :violin:

My biggest question: any restrictions around Text-to-wavetable? "Don't use more than 5/day"? "Can't use the tables, b'cuz not single-cycle"?

reusenoise wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:27 pm It's allowed the use sample osc.?
Way I see it, yes, as long as you use the samples provided, much like when people have used Serum in Any Synth months
It's very tasty, I swear!

Sooo, if I understand the rules correctly, should we be expecting the first OSC featuring lyrics? :D
I'm not really planning to do that, I'm happy if I can just finish a track. Creative rut and all :shrug:
I guess the TTWT feature could be useful to generate other interesting timbres as well :)

tomx2188 wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:40 pm Sooo, if I understand the rules correctly, should we be expecting the first OSC featuring lyrics? :D
I'm not really planning to do that, I'm happy if I can just finish a track. Creative rut and all :shrug:
I guess the TTWT feature could be useful to generate other interesting timbres as well :)
BR-808 had speech synthesis in it. people did use it then I believe

zerofox97 wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:37 pm
reusenoise wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:27 pm It's allowed the use sample osc.?
Way I see it, yes, as long as you use the samples provided, much like when people have used Serum in Any Synth months
Are there any differences in the samples provided between the various editions?
Celebrating 50 years of pants with frogs in them

FrogsInPants wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:50 pm

Are there any differences in the samples provided between the various editions?
To my knowledge, no. I went straight for Pro, so you might wanna ask around? idk

I was wondering about the wavetables, w.r.t. the different versions, I have the 'Plus' version promo via In The Mix, which comes with extra wavetables - and the Pro version has more again.. Are these all usable? I'd have no idea which ones come with the free version only?!
"Micro Kid speaks digi-talk.."

Subscribed, let's see if i can do something with this beauty.

Have a nice day :)

Very nice looking synth and very generous releasing a free version of it. It's a shame but Vital doesn't like my ancient laptop. It gives me an error related to opengl version. I installed it in Windows 10 and in my Linux partition and in both it gives me the same error. So I'm out.

Something similar happened in OSC136. Odin 2 was not working on older PCs (something about AVX instructions) and the developer pleasantly surprised us modifying Odin 2 later working on all computers. He wrote:
TheWaveWarden wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:17 am - remove requirement for AVX instructions - everybody with a computer from this century can use Odin now :wink:
By the way one of those affected by the issue besides me was Photonic who won that month.

I have found out on the internet that I am not the only one in this situation. There are other people who cannot use Vital for this exact same opengl problem. So I wanted to propose that everyone who cannot use Vital be allowed to participate this month with Helm, which is made by the same developer. What do you think? :)

tomx2188 wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:40 pm Sooo, if I understand the rules correctly, should we be expecting the first OSC featuring lyrics? :D
iirc someone made tunefish speak its own name way back in OSC57 :hihi:

TTWT is fair game: Text to Speech: Keep it clean, no obscenities please.
Any version of the synth may be used.
Content supplied with the synth is all allowed.
Make your own wavetables, adapt and edit factory wavetables, knock yourselves out!
Just remember, OSC is about what you can do with the synth rather than playback of recorded material.

L-EctroBit wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:19 pm I have found out on the internet that I am not the only one in this situation. There are other people who cannot use Vital for this exact same opengl problem. So I wanted to propose that everyone who cannot use Vital be allowed to participate this month with Helm, which is made by the same developer. What do you think? :)
I have no problem with that! I'm for 'anyone who can't run Vital can use Helm instead'. This has been allowed in previous months, so it should be ok. But since it's OSC it should be either Vital or Helm (not both in the same track). Just mention when submitting that you used Helm instead of Vital :hihi:

Return to “Instruments”