Something something Synthwave

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I put this track together in a few hours almost exclusively using Avenger's Retro 80s, Synthwave and Analog expansions. It could definitely be mixed better and is clearly structured to be a song (but I'm no singer). Knowing me it's probably something I've heard somewhere before.

https://soundcloud.com/looneyjetman/synthwave

Like it. I have the Retrowave 80s expansion. Its really good. I listened to Vengeance's Analog 1 expansion, I was really close to buying it, but its demo didn't quite push me over the line.
Not wanting to plug myself to you but you might like my Avenger "Modern Analog" expansion ;)

Bansaw wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:27 pm Like it. I have the Retrowave 80s expansion. Its really good. I listened to Vengeance's Analog 1 expansion, I was really close to buying it, but its demo didn't quite push me over the line.
Not wanting to plug myself to you but you might like my Avenger "Modern Analog" expansion ;)
Thanks. There are some nice sounding patches in your bank - just purchased!

andrew71 wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:39 pm Thanks. There are some nice sounding patches in your bank - just purchased!
thanks, hope you enjoy it. :tu:

My Feedback

Music - 8.5
Instruments - 9.5
Performance - 9
Mix - 9

Overall - 9

Comments: I like it. Has a definite 80s feel.

wagtunes wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:23 pm My Feedback

Music - 8.5
Instruments - 9.5
Performance - 9
Mix - 9

Overall - 9

Comments: I like it. Has a definite 80s feel.
Thank you!

Absolutely digging this very 80s vibed track. The mix is pretty alright.. I like your approach, sounds like a typical 80's mix. Could have been done more crisp and clear, but then the 80s-alike setting would be lost.. I like the composition and the sounds used, good harmonic framework with good synthesizer sounds, very nice lead bells performing a good melody. I'm glad you did not sing over the track. Surely worth the 9/10!

Thanks EatMe. I actually used a bitcrusher to bring the drums and bass down to 12bit 22khz to try and emulate older samplers and add some crunch.

andrew71 wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:55 am Thanks EatMe. I actually used a bitcrusher to bring the drums and bass down to 12bit 22khz to try and emulate older samplers and add some crunch.
/me smiles, I love "modern" audio techniques. Your song has something amazing to it, well done. The effect worked pretty well, it adds to the 80s feel of the mix.

Love it. I'm getting all sorts of influences here from PSB's to A-ha to OutRun!

Thanks Tehlord!

Nicely done. Captures the vibe perfectly. It took me right back.

Thanks Rogue. I'm honoured that you've been registered for nearly four years but it's the first post you appear to have made!

Return to “Music Cafe”