DAW not playing plugins

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am running the Free DAW Waveform 11.5.19 on Windows 10 pro. I am using plugins from Melda Productions from drums and synth. I downloaded the program from the Waveform site So I'm pretty sure it's legit. I can't get the plugin to play when i add it to an empty track. I triple checked my settings and performed a sound test with the computer and my other hardware. The sound test works every time but I can't get the drums to play. I had this loaded before and it worked. Also I'm running 64 bit on the Waveform. TIA

[snip]
Last edited by thecontrolcentre on Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tracktion/Waveform is a DAW and it has always been. There is no other way to look at this either.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

I believe that MeldaProduction's MDrummer needs to receive MIDI notes on MIDI channel 10 (as do many other drum plug-ins). I'll guess that the MIDI clip in Waveform or the MIDI coming from your MIDI controller is on MIDI Channel 01. You will need to change them to channel 10.

-------------
Edit. In the MDrummer [Settings]:
MIDI input mode
MIDI input mode defines how MDrummer reacts to incoming MIDI notes. By default Full mode makes MDrummer be driven by rhythm commands on MIDI channels 1-9 and you can trigger specific drums on MIDI channel 10 as usual.

However you can make MDrummer play drums on every MIDI channel by selecting (Notes only), use only channel 10 and ignore the others, by selecting (Notes on channel 10 only) or even completely disable the MIDI input, by selecting (Disabled).
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

I bought paid version and it was awful, bulky and never worked. Try to install Cakewalk by Bandlab instead. go to Bandlab website and find how to download it. It is free, used to be expansive DAW but Bandlab bought it and made it free. It is full functioning software great for VSTs.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”