Any Cubase users on forum? Cubase 9.5 problems

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi-does anyone use Cubase (any version) with Rapid Composer? I can't seem to get the individual tracks of RC to feed the MIDI channels correctly when using RC as a VST. I've mapped the MIDI channels to reflect the tracks in RC but it doesn't matter as all the tracks (unless muted) feed into Cubase all together on any track in Cubase regardless of channel number.

Also when I switch to edit RC and then back to Cubase I get a "stab" of RC tracks' playback and sometimes have to reset MIDI in Cubase because they won't stop playing back.

Is Cubase just not that compatible with RC? Hate to have to do work arounds....

Hi,

Cubase should be compatible with RC, I remember a few users from this forum who used Cubase successfully with the VST plug-in.

I am not able to help because I have no access to Cubase. Steinberg never replied to my e-mails :(

I hope someone will be able to help you. Anyone? ;) :help:

Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

musicdevelopments wrote:Hi,

Cubase should be compatible with RC, I remember a few users from this forum who used Cubase successfully with the VST plug-in.

I am not able to help because I have no access to Cubase. Steinberg never replied to my e-mails :(

I hope someone will be able to help you. Anyone? ;) :help:

Thanks,
Attila
Attila - have you tried posting questions on their Developer Forum pages.?
https://sdk.steinberg.net/viewforum.php ... 4056f79346

FWIW - I had little success running RC as a VST inside Cubase; but have since lapsed and only very rarely launch RC as standalone. So much has changed with the program; I run the updates and come in here occasionally to 'monitor progress'. Its an amazing app, but am afraid it has got way past me now - I forget all that I learnt only a few months back...! :-)

Good luck.!
Bob
Win10; i7 4790K; 16Gb RAM; GTX750Ti; Cubase Pro v13.0.30; WaveLab Pro v11.2.0; S1 v6.5.2; UR44 audio/MIDI

-First off load Rapid Composer.
-Create as many tracks as you wish to feed it to, up to 16 per instance. For each track select Rapid Composer as the midi input.
-Next, you have to use the "Input Transformer"up above the track inspector. It looks like an arrow pointing to the right. Click on it and select "Local" from the drop down and the Input Transformer will pop up. You will see 4 Modules. Click on the power button for Module 1. Click on the menu in the upper left and select "Channel Filtering". For the first track select "Pass CH 01", the second "Pass CH 02" etc for all of your tracks. Close the Input Transformer.
-For each track make sure the Monitor button is highlighted.
-SAVE THIS AS A TEMPLATE!!!
-Compose away....

Sorry I haven't included animated GIF's or better yet make a video but too busy at the moment. If you have any more questions let me know...
"and the Word was Sound..."
https://www.youtube.com/user/InLightTone

Thank you for the helpful reply, InLight-Tone! :tu:
Attila

Happy to contribute something, hopefully more in the near future!
"and the Word was Sound..."
https://www.youtube.com/user/InLightTone

Hello - having some issues trying to get RC to work inside Cubase v10.0.10 on Win10.

I have updated to v3.61 and copied the RapidComposer_x64.dll into my VST plugins folder correctly.

1. Cubase is running and I've chosen to instantiate RC. However, it doesn't load inside Cubase's usual 'global' VST instrument window, like every other VSTi normally does. It loads as a kind of separate entity (behind Cubase's main window), in its own window and I get the following message pop-up:-
RC as plugin.jpg

2. So I bring RC to the front by pressing the button there and that works ok. Then, I want to get it out of the way and so close its window by clicking the red 'X' box at top-right corner and I get this message pop-up:-
RC msg on close.jpg
Ok, so it seems closing the window (red 'X') is in fact trying to shut the whole of RC down - again, not behaving like any other VST instrument. I guess I should just minimise the window all the time instead, to get it out of the way...

I do have JBridge running to bridge some older 32bit plugs, but RC is not in the list as one of them - I am using the 64bit edition of RC.!! The VST Bridge referred to must be Cubase's... Why would RC 64bit be using the VST Bridge inside Cubase.?

Anyway, the result of all this is it makes Cubase unstable; so I stopped there. I cannot easily get to remove the Instrument track for RC - I get caught in a loop with that first message pop-up coming back round and around. :?

As said in my earlier post, I have only really used RC standalone (little success inside Cubase), so unsure if this is a new issue/compatibility/OS/DAW concern.

RC loads and runs fine standalone.

Oh well, a Happy New Year to all - am off out to celebrate.!
thebutler
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Win10; i7 4790K; 16Gb RAM; GTX750Ti; Cubase Pro v13.0.30; WaveLab Pro v11.2.0; S1 v6.5.2; UR44 audio/MIDI

I am sorry for the confusion.
RC uses its own bridge between RC VST and the RC standalone because it was not possible to turn the standalone into a well behaving VST plug-in. The small window with "Bring RapidComposer To Top" is actually the RC VST plug-in, you can close this window. However you should never close the main RC window, because the plug-in will also stop working (without active connection to the application).

So the bridge is not for connecting 32-bit and 64-bit applications and plug-ins, but a different one connecting the RC VST and RC app.

Thanks,
Attila

Thank you Attila, for clarifying...

Yesterday I got to better grips with this; I realised things work well if I just use that little pop-up (RC VST plugin.!) to do as it says and bring the main RC window up.! I then only use its minimise button to get it out of the way. Result - all now keeping stable. :-)

One other quick thing; you are currently bringing VST3 3rd party plugin hosting support to RC. What about an edition of RC as a VST3 plugin itself - would that alter/improve any, our situation above with regards to the small 'bridging app/plugin' approach currently used..? just curious...

thebutler wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:27 am One other quick thing; you are currently bringing VST3 3rd party plugin hosting support to RC. What about an edition of RC as a VST3 plugin itself - would that alter/improve any, our situation above with regards to the small 'bridging app/plugin' approach currently used..? just curious...
Hi thebutler,

as soon as I know the VST3 API reasonably well, I definitely want to turn RC to a VST3 plug-in. I am afraid it won't improve the necessity for bridging. However in the long run I want to get rid of that. It is very complex and fragile, but still the most solid solution at the moment :(

Thanks,
Attila

InLight-Tone wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:35 am -First off load Rapid Composer.
-Create as many tracks as you wish to feed it to, up to 16 per instance. For each track select Rapid Composer as the midi input.
-Next, you have to use the "Input Transformer"up above the track inspector. It looks like an arrow pointing to the right. Click on it and select "Local" from the drop down and the Input Transformer will pop up. You will see 4 Modules. Click on the power button for Module 1. Click on the menu in the upper left and select "Channel Filtering". For the first track select "Pass CH 01", the second "Pass CH 02" etc for all of your tracks. Close the Input Transformer.
-For each track make sure the Monitor button is highlighted.
-SAVE THIS AS A TEMPLATE!!!
-Compose away....

Sorry I haven't included animated GIF's or better yet make a video but too busy at the moment. If you have any more questions let me know...
Thank you so much for sharing . Working like a charm.

Return to “MusicDevelopments”