Can you explain ANA mode?

Official support for: reveal-sound.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What's an effective way to easily hear the effect of the ANA button?

The explanation of this button in the manual confuses me. The manual states that when ANA is activated the oscillators are free running, and that when it is deactivated the oscillators begin at a random phase position.

Earlier in the manual when outlining the Phase knob the manual states that phase values between 0-29 make the oscillator free running or "random." It seems to be stating that free running = random, which seems to contradict the description of the ANA button's function as a switch between free running and random.

Hi!

Please download the archive from the attachment. It contains specific preset file which demonstrates the operation of the ANA mode.

ANA is enabled with "free running" by default . Pay attention to medium and high frequencies. You will hear a character similar to Flange effect.
Then turn off the ANA mode and you will hear the "jumping" - the random nature of the phase start.

You can use the "Phase" knob to set the fixed position of the phase start.

Please feel free to contact us if you need further information.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

So, the way i understand it, ANA=free running oscillators, so the phase never stops, even when you don't play a note, and when the ANA option is turned off, then the oscillators start at a random phase position, triggered by incoming notes? Always tried to wrap my head around this, to be honest.

chk071 wrote:So, the way i understand it, ANA=free running oscillators, so the phase never stops, even when you don't play a note, and when the ANA option is turned off, then the oscillators start at a random phase position, triggered by incoming notes?
Yes, that is correct :wink:

Thanks for the example preset vega555. I can clearly hear the differences you described. And thanks chk071 for your own definition of the mode. It helped to further wrap my own head around it.

I finally got what this does too. Thanks for asking, and thanks to vega555 for explaining. :D

Return to “Reveal Sound”