Today we released firmware version 1.2.4, you can get the installers from here:
http://www.rogerlinndesign.com/assets/l ... macosx.zip
http://www.rogerlinndesign.com/assets/l ... indows.zip
This release brings a greatly improved velocity response and lots of little improvements.
These are all the changes since version 1.2.3:
Note: We recommend that you do a Reset after installing this update: Global Settings > Actions column > Reset (press Notes Off + Update OS). This will make the 3 changes below in which "Reset" is marked in bold.
- Improvement: Improved velocity range, consistency and natural response.
There are 4 changes:
1) You must now strike notes harder in order to produce a velocity of 127.
2) Repeated strikes with the same force will produce closer to the same velocity output.
3) Light to hard strikes now produce a more even and natural velocity output from 1 to 127.
4) The Minimum Velocity setting's default value (after Global Settings > Reset) has changed from 32 to 1. To make this change, you should either perform a Global Settings > Reset or manually change Minimum Velocity: hold Global Settings > Velocity Sens Low, Medium or High, then change the value to 1.
- Improvement: Reduced power consumption in Low Power mode in order to be powered more reliably by iOS devices.
- Feature: Sleep may now be automatically entered after a selected number of minutes of inactivity.
Formerly, Sleep mode (all lights off) could only be entered by pressing Per-Split Settings + Global Settings simultaneously. Now it can also now be entered by pressing Global Settings > MIDI I/O column > 3rd pad from bottom. Also, holding this pad adjusts two Sleep parameters. Swipe up/down to select the parameter and left/right to edit its value:
1) Sleep display select:
“SLP”: blank screen, or “ANI”: (looping promotional in-store demo animation).
2) Timer select:
“NOW”: Pressing Global Settings > Sleep immediately enters Sleep mode.
“D1-D30”: The Sleep button is a toggle. If on, then after the selected number of minutes of inactivity, Sleep mode is entered.
This is intended to be used with the "Ani" settilng for an in-store display.
For store owners: now pressing 'Global Settings > Column 25 Row 8' will set the above settings so that LinnStrument will display the looping promotional in-store demo animation after 2 minutes of inactivity.
- Improvement: “All Settings” Preset 4 (in the Preset screen, rearmost of 4 blue lights) is now programmed for making drumbeats with pressure-based Swing Arpeggiator and Low Row controlling arpeggiator speed, ideal for use with the two drumbeat sounds in our Logic or Mainstage sound files (Filter Drum Kit and Euro Dance Kit).
- Feature: You may now select any Row Offset from 0 to 16.
In Global Settings > Row Offset, hold the +OCTAVE pad to display its Row Offset value full-screen. Swipe left or right to adjust it between 0 and 16. If set to a value other than 12, the +OCTAVE pad in the Global Settings screen will appear light blue.
- Change: Arpeggiator defaults are now Replay All and Swing.
If Arpeggiator is on and chord is held, the entire chord will auto-repeat in a 16th note swing rhythm, and varying pressure will vary the velocity of the repeated chord. Note: You must perform a Global Settings > Reset in order for this change to take effect.
- Enhancement: Minor improvements to response time between striking a note and a Note On being sent.
- Bug fix: When using Bitwig, sometimes the Arpeggiator would turn on. Fixed.
The problem was that if LinnStrument sent anything on channel 16, it would corrupt internal settings, usually turning on th Arpeggiator or Sustain Pedal. This was often noticed when using Bitwig 8-Track, which changes LinnStrument's settings when started, including changing the Per-Split Settings to 2- through 16.
- Bug fix: If Switch 1 or 2 were assigned to Arpeggiator, Sustain or CC65 and these same settings were changed elsewhere (by other panel or foot switch actions or by Per-Split Settings > Special > Arpeggiator), the switch's lights would not reflect the change. This is fixed.
- Bug fix: Low power mode is now automatically disabled when OS update is activated.
This may have permitted OS Update errors.
- Bug fix: Sometimes with pressure-based sounds, striking a pad hard would result in no sound produced. Fixed.
This was caused by the first pressure value being sent before the Note On message. Now the Note On always precedes the first pressure messages.
- Bug fix: When using Low Row assigned to Strike or Strum, sometimes note lights would stick on. This is fixed.
- Bug fix: LinnStrument deletes duplicate values sent out over MIDI in order to reduce the density of messages, but this would sometimes produces errors. This is fixed.
- Bug fix: On MacOSX the updater tool didn't always detect a connected LinnStrument. This is fixed.
- Bug Fix: Note Pad LEDS that were supposed to be off would sometimes be faintly lit. This is improved.
- Change: Right split's main channel was formerly 15, now changed to 16.
- Bug fix: Low Row display would become invisible when Octave/Transpose settings would go out of range. Fixed.
- Bug fix: Pitch Slides in Left-Handed mode were not correct.
If Left-Handed mode was on (Global Settings > Column 1 Row 4), pitch slides did not work correctly. This is fixed.
- Bug fix: When Global Settings > Reset was done, the Tap Tempo LED would flash while "RESET" was displayed in large letters. This is fixed.
- Bug fix: While the In-Store Animation was on, the 8 switch buttons' LEDs would flash. This is fixed.
- Bug fix: Low Row Restrike is now more consistent.