OpZilla FM Synthesizer

Official support for: 2getheraudio.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Meet OpZilla. Our beloved FM Monster.

Let's start with its 64 4-operator algorithms and 16 waveforms per operator. This alone yields a huge variety of sonic possibilities for your music. How did we get to 64? Unlike most FM synths, OpZilla allows feedback from each of its 4 operators. But we didn't stop there. Sampled attacks, loopable envelopes, and four built-in effects add to its sonic bite. And sound designers will welcome its single-page user interface where all controls fit easily onto one screen. Finally, an FM synth that's easy to program. For those who prefer not to sound design, OpZilla includes over 150 factory presets from some of the industry's best FM programmers so all you have to do is load it up, select your sound, and start playing.

OpZilla is for producers and musicians of all styles of music and all levels of experience. It is released as a software virtual instrument plugin in AU, VST, AAX and Standalone instrument for compatibility with all major DAWs. Best of all, it is available for purchase today under 2getheraudio's Pay-What-You-Want (minimum $10) business model so all musicians have access to this software regardless of their ability to pay.

Get a free demo at https://www.2getheraudio.com/instruments/opzilla/.

I'm not a fan of FM but that's such a beautiful looking machine, I had to download a free trial. I think it's a very generous pricing system for such a quality instrument. Thank you very much. :tu:

I’ve got a suggestion for the UI. Have set display colors for carriers and modulators and maybe some visual indication of how each of those is connected. Having just an algorithm graphic isn’t quite enough, IMO. I like to be able to see the paths.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Sounds good, if the there's good antialiasing. How much can you upsample?

zerocrossing wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:46 pm I’ve got a suggestion for the UI. Have set display colors for carriers and modulators and maybe some visual indication of how each of those is connected. Having just an algorithm graphic isn’t quite enough, IMO. I like to be able to see the paths.
The carriers volume sliders have a different color.

Faiky wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:14 pm Sounds good, if the there's good antialiasing. How much can you upsample?
Instead of upsampling, use the 'tone' controls to tame down aliasing.

/* whitenoise */
Last edited by noiseresearch on Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
/* whitenoise */ /* abandon */ /* reincarnated */

Pretty interesting instrument!
Is this already compatible with Apple's last OS Big Sur (intel)?
Or, do you plan to support it?

Oh, I didn't even knew there was a 2Gether subforum here! :D
Is it worth reporting bugs here? Do they listen?
(Btw, I already bought OpZilla)

Erisian wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:45 pm I'm not a fan of FM but that's such a beautiful looking machine, I had to download a free trial. I think it's a very generous pricing system for such a quality instrument. Thank you very much. :tu:
I've been playing with the trial version and - well - you seem to have kind of converted me. It seems FM can actually sound quite beautiful. Now I just need to learn how to control an FM synth. 8)

I posted this in the other Opzilla thread:
Teksonik wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:40 pm
Vortifex wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:55 am Very buggy. Have to close 4 error pop-ups every time I change a preset, and around 10-12 error pop-ups every time I change the FM algorithm. Also in FL Studio it displays itself above other windows even when the setting to do that is disabled. Pretty much unusable at the moment.
I can confirm the error pop ups in FL Studio 20.7 when changing Algos but not when changing presets. Perhaps this will help. Error when changing Algos:

Opzilla 112620-1.png

Also of note I don't get the error pop ups in Cakewalk,Reaper, or Orion when changing Algos so it appears to be an issue in FL Studio.

I do not get the "displays itself above other windows" issue in FL Studio. Opzilla seems to perform as all other plugins do (when set to "Detached")

Win 10 64 bit. FL Studio and Opzilla 64 bit.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Thanks Teksonik. Looking into this. That's a really strange bug, any information you have to help reproduce it, please PM me.

Hi folks. We believe we've fixed this issue. You can get the update at this link.

https://www.2getheraudio.com/opzilla-updates/

Sorry for the trouble and we hope you enjoy OpZilla.

Hi, I've got another bug: If I change the plugin size to "small" the GUI will resize correctly, but the window frame will stay at "normal" size when I reopen it.

I'm using Studio One 4 Professional, Win 10 64bit
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hi, I bought the Opzilla earlier today and thinks it really sounds great, is nicely low on CPU-drain, and has a good interface! I have a few ideas for future updates that would make the UI yet more practical:
1. Raster the coarse pitch control to harmonic values (0.50, 1.00, 2.00, 3.00 etc.) and allow the fine control to go through a wider range). In its current form, it's very unpractical to quickly change the coarse pitch by mouse (I have to enter discrete values through the computer keyboard instead)
2. Give representative names to the wave shapes (not simply shape 1, 2,3...)
3. Allow to switch through wave shapes with the mouse wheel
4. Add a function to turn individual operators on/off (for instance through right click on OP-symbol, like in Arturia's DX7 V)

cheers!

Return to “2getheraudio”