recommended editor for creating loop points?

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Audition Sound Forge Pro 18 WaveLab Pro WaveRobot Wavosaur

I'm looking for an editor which would let me speed up defining loop point in samples. I'm using Waveosaur which is fine, but I'm thinking, maybe there's something more advanced.
Features, I'd look for:
Finding closest zero crossings within selected region.
Displaying start and end point waveform fragments one by one, or one over one - something Kontakt does with loop edit switch.
Waveform search - finding closest match for waveform fragment within the whole waveform.
Playing back just the loop point fragment.

Is there anything like it (for Windows)?
Last edited by Zombie Queen on Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks. It looks very promising.

Wavelab, although it's so many things it may be overkill if this is literally all you need.
2015-10-01 08_18_11.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Yes, Wavelab... I'd rather definitely wouldn't want to go eLicenser. I'll see if Elements is sufficient and ponder this... Thanks for pointing it.
Endless Wav is useful, but in a limited scope. The search function always overwrites loop start point, and zero-crossing points it picks are a bit far away from zero.

Zombie Queen wrote:Yes, Wavelab... I'd rather definitely wouldn't want to go eLicenser. I'll see if Elements is sufficient and ponder this... Thanks for pointing it.
as far as I know, this section (loop tweaker) of Wavelab is the same in Elements as it is in the 'pro' version of Wavelab.

there's a 30 day trial of Elements here, no e-licenser required (though I'm not sure if the purchased version requires it ? it might)

https://www.steinberg.net/en/products/w ... trial.html

if you try it, let us know what you think!

Daags wrote:there's a 30 day trial of Elements here, no e-licenser required (though I'm not sure if the purchased version requires it ? it might)
I fetched the trial already, not sure if I'm installing that. Steinberg says purchased version requires eLicenser.

that's a pity. nowadays elicenser doesn't always mean dongle, you can use the software version too ... which imo is no worse than C/R. but I understand if it's your preference to avoid this.

good luck!

Elements uses soft eLicenser. So, you need the software, but, not a dongle. Only the Pro version of Wavelab needs the dongle, AFAIK.

ESC lets you zoom in to find actual zero crossings..... the downside is I do not know if it is currently supported.

VSampler lets you do both - it allows you to zoom in and also allows crossfades.

Hope that helps...

ESC ?

again, could be overkill but I've been using Sound Forge for over 10 years. Was Sony, now Magix.
Cool function back in the day that allowed Sample Dump Standard so could edit in Sound Forge and bump straight to the hardware sampler via midi.

http://www.magix.com/au/sound-forge/
Don't Tech No for an Answer

So I've tried Elements trial. It started to install elicenser, but I declined when Windows asked about unsigned driver. The program seems to work well without it. Loop tweaker does a good job finding a suitable loop end point, assuming I set a good (close to zero) start point first. Which I do in Wavosaur manually so far. I just need to bear multitude of files Wavelab creates all over the place.
Now it would be cool to have something that would automatically find points closest to zero.

CUBASE!
;)
embrace the blue dongle
actually it just does 'snap to zero crossing' which is not really fantastic

I had to go out to Bumfuck, Egypt today to buy one (Guitar Center, the only place in the county and a couple of other counties on top of that). Then I missed the bus back to Berkeley and settled for a long tour of West Bumfuck [Oakland] to get back downtown to catch a train back here. which was all of it hideous, bleak, blackened with car filth

Slowish afternoon so decided to see if google maps indeed knows of this mythical bumfuck place.

Alas, no. Clearly it's off map, perhaps Area 51 like?
Streetview of Bumfuck would have brought me 5 mins closer to hometime :)
2017-10-10 15_38_47-bumfuck - Google Maps.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Don't Tech No for an Answer

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”