Body percussion - a couple hundred free samples.

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://github.com/sfzinstruments/body_percussion

Handclaps, snaps, belly slaps, shoulder slaps and stuff. Sort of unused leftovers from a sample library I'm making that I thought I'd open-source. All me hitting myself, all recorded in the same room. If you're not sure how to use GitHub, click "Code" and under that there's a button to download the whole thing as a ZIP.

Thanks

I'm not gonna say "my pleasure". Actually, this kinda hurt, haha.

Many thanks sir! Even body sounds are percussion and I'm glad someone stepped up and said it. Good day-

Thank you for donating your body to science.
Timely as well :hihi:

Thanks!
Always Read the Manual!

Thanks very much!

DSmolken wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:45 pm I'm not gonna say "my pleasure". Actually, this kinda hurt, haha.
Self-flagellation is on the rise again. :o

Thanks for the samples!
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

Ha, well, you know... you assume you'll need to hit a specific spot maybe 20 times to get a dozen usable samples, then realize that consistency is difficult to get, and end up hitting it 80 times, then you look down and realize the skin is kinda turning red, and it's starting to sting, but just a couple dozen more will get you enough to have something useful.

I also did (not included here) some recordings of a few different people, hitting their thighs and forearms, haka style. Out of the six, two had serious trouble landing clean slaps on their right forearm with their left hand, and that includes one guy who plays bowed strings so you'd figure he can't just be uncoordinated.

Compared to hitting drums, consistency is really difficult to get.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”