Blue Cat's PatchWork 2.3 (now 2.31) Released, With Drag & Drop Support

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Dear KVR Members,

We are very happy to finally unleash this free update for Blue Cat's PatchWork, our virtual patchbay for plug-ins with built-in effects!

This new version adds drag and drop support to move, duplicate or insert plug-ins anywhere in the plug-ins matrix. It also brings Blue Cat's Axiom's impulse response loader into the built-in EQ plug-in and includes several bug fixes and performance enhancements (full change list below).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbAiLgtcopQ

The update for V2 users can be downloaded for free from the same location as the original full version (link received by eail upon purchase). For users still on version 1, an upgrade link is available from the same page. If you are not a customer yet, a demo version is available on bluecataudio.com as a standalone application and in most plug-in formats for Mac and PC.

What's New in PatchWork V2.3:
- Drag and drop plug-ins between slots.
- Hold the alt key on Mac and Ctrl key on windows to copy (duplicate) a plug-in instead of moving it.
- Drop the plug-in before another to insert it in the chain.
- Drag and drop plug-ins between several instances of PatchWork or across plug-ins (compatible with the latest preview of Late Replies, MB-7 Mixer and Axiom).
- Drag and drop .dll, .vst, .vst3, or .component files directly from the Finder or Explorer onto plug-in slots.
- Drag and drop .plgnfo files (previously saved from the software) directly from the Finder or Explorer onto plug-in slots.
- Built-in EQ plug-in can now load and manipulate impulse responses (IR).
- Fixed: effect tail not processed anymore when just inserted on a track (avoids using CPU when not necessary).
- Fixed: built-in multitap delay plug-in could get out of sync in some host applications.
- Improved performance of the built-in EQ plug-in.
- Improved performance when saving preset/session with many built-in plug-ins.

System requirements:
- Intel Mac running Mac OS 10.7 or newer.
- Windows PC running Windows Vista or newer.

Pricing:
Blue Cat's PatchWork: 99 EUR or $99
Last edited by Blue Cat Audio on Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Glad to see drag and drop! That was my top feature for many years. Love Patchwork. It's totally under-rated and sometimes I'll even forget about it as an option when I'm looking to experiment, but I think drag and drop goes a long way towards making that a thing of the past.

One thing I noticed: you have some SatYatunes Patchwork skins on the site and they don't seem to work with the drag and drop features. For a second I thought it wasn't working or the update didn't take, but going back to the default skin fixed it. Not sure if that's something you can address or if the author of the skins would need to take care of that.

There are indeed a couple of changes that have to happen in the skin to support all the new features (drag and drop, GUI zoom etc.). I don't think these skins have been updated for version 2, actually. We'll try to get in touch with SatYatunes to see how to upgrade them.

I'm waiting for the next Blue Cat Audio sale to get this one. If it's not another -2% or -3,1% sale ( ...:D ), I'll jump on it !
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:57 pm Glad to see drag and drop! That was my top feature for many years. Love Patchwork. It's totally under-rated and sometimes I'll even forget about it as an option when I'm looking to experiment, but I think drag and drop goes a long way towards making that a thing of the past.

One thing I noticed: you have some SatYatunes Patchwork skins on the site and they don't seem to work with the drag and drop features. For a second I thought it wasn't working or the update didn't take, but going back to the default skin fixed it. Not sure if that's something you can address or if the author of the skins would need to take care of that.
I think a lot of the skins are outdated at this point since Blue Cat switched over to the more recent interface designs.

Edit: looks like Blue Cat just confirmed that.
Last edited by Tappistry on Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

DJErmac wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:17 pm I'm waiting for the next Blue Cat Audio sale to get this one. If it's not another -2% or -3,1% sale ( ...:D ), I'll jump on it !
Usually happens around Christmas - New Years. That’s the only time they discount everything on the site, including bundles.

We are indeed not into this "continuous discount" thing that seems to be the norm lately, so don't expect to get reductions apart from end of year offers or intro prices for new versions: we believe in fair prices that do not change every day. Also, existing customers usually get even better prices when we have special offers. So you usually do not have to regret buying software at full price from us. :)

Heads up! Blue Cat's PatchWork 2.31 is here!

What's New:
- Spectrum analysis is now performed in the background and does not affect audio performance (built-in EQ).
- Improved convolution performance for the impulse response loader on multicore processors (built-in EQ).
- Fixed modulation plug-ins that did not always properly set rate when used in host sync mode (sweep filter, flanger, tremolo)

The update is free and available from the same location as the previous version, as usual. Enjoy!

I noticed that theres a similar plugin that does band splitting. Does this one support built in bandsplitting for the paralell chains? If not that would be a very nice addition. Im looking for a sensible alternative to multipass. Something where I can use my existing plugs instead of buying yet another chorus etc...

If you are looking for multiband processing with the ability to apply third party plug-ins on different bands, the MB-7 Mixer plug-in is indeed the way to go. You could use band splitting plug-ins in PatchWork's parallel chains to do it manually, but you would definitely not get the same level of integration.

Return to “Effects”