Ozone Pro - iZotope go subscription

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://www.izotope.com/en/shop/music-p ... nthly.html

24.99 per month

Ozone Pro is our latest version of Ozone, which is now available exclusively in the new Music Production Suite Pro subscription. It includes everything in our flagship Ozone 9 Advanced software, plus—as long as you are subscribed—you will continue to receive new features and version upgrades as soon as they are ready.

Try it for free today and see what you have been missing in the latest version of Ozone including:

Master Rebalance to adjust vocals, drums, and bass in stereo files
Low end focus to clean up mud in lower frequencies
Improved Master Assistant with a new vintage mode
Performance improvements allowing you to use more instances of Ozone
Plus UI improvements, resizable windows, and more

Now is a great time to see what you’ve been missing in Ozone Pro. Try Music Production Suite Pro free for 7-days and experience the new Ozone, plus Neutron Pro, Nectar Pro, RX Pro for Music, and our new Control Room filled with tutorials and tips.

I hate the idea of a subscription. But for me, there are three products that I use in basically every track, that I find essentially indispensable:

1) My DAW (Logic)
2) Kontakt
3) Ozone (and, to a lesser but substantial level, Neutron and Nectar)

I would never consider subscriptions for any other plugins, even ones I really like such as the entire u-he and Soundtoys lines. Losing them would be painful, but, for me, doable.

But now that Izotope has fallen to subscription (although it’s not entirely clear if it’s subscription only yet), and we’ve heard rumblings about Logic (or at least Final Cut) and Kontakt (pure speculation, I think, with the new owner), I can’t say definitively I won’t do it. I need time to think and consider alternatives, but if subscription is ever the only choice for these three, I may succumb.

And I hate both myself and the companies for it.
Last edited by SirkusPi on Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

If this is subscription only then this will be a kick in the teeth to many of us who do not want to subscribe. Hoping they don't go there...

Izotope's website confirms you can continue to purchase the products separately for one price, but despite this assurance, they're going to deal with two realities sooner or later: the product development is going to diverge with two models, and support is going to dwindle for the standalone products...as it does for every developer who goes subscription. Subscription does pay the bills and improves cash flow, but ultimately brings problems for the consumers. What's the incentive to offer new products, versus adding minor improvements to the existing product line?

That's unfortunate because there aren't many products that compete with Izotope's full line of stuff.
Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, and even Deezer, whatever the hell Deezer is.

More fun at Twitter @watchfulactual

Everything will be cloud based and subscription eventually.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Watchful wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:58 pm Izotope's website confirms you can continue to purchase the products separately for one price
It's confusing though because they also say Ozone Pro. Neutron Pro etc are available 'exclusively' on subscription and while at the moment I can't see any difference between Ozone Advanced and Ozone Pro etc it does rather imply differences could emerge over time.

Perhaps those with a subscription simply get early access to the new features.
“Sometimes you have to play a long time to be able to play like yourself.” -Miles Davis

They're comparing the subscription to their Music Production Suite. See: https://www.izotope.com/en/products/mus ... mpare.html

The subscription option is brand new, but as it stands, you get more software with MPS. I'm sure this will change as time goes on, and of course, subscribers will get access to upgrades when they are released.

I'm sure there have been a few, but iZotope isn't known for major "updates and enhancements" between versions -- mostly bug "fixes and improvements". See the Ozone 9.1 update, for example: https://www.izotope.com/en/learn/produc ... e-9-1.html

The value of the "exclusive content and tutorials" remains to be seen.

If this had some kind of rent-to-own option I'd be interested (RX is expensive!), but per the faq if you cancel your subscription then all of your "pro" versions revert to demo status. There's no way I would ever do that.

Not fussed as I'm not an iZotope customer - though I had considered picking up RX as I do a fair amount of audio editing. Shame if they go only subscription as I could never support such a model on principal. RX is their only product that interests me though.

Anyone know of an audio editor with "Dialogue Contour"? - I think it's called. Yet to demo that version but I heard some audio demos on YouTube that sounded reasonably impressive. Would be nice to support a smaller company that has a plugin that can do this.

Smapti wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:45 pm If this had some kind of rent-to-own option I'd be interested (RX is expensive!), but per the faq if you cancel your subscription then all of your "pro" versions revert to demo status. There's no way I would ever do that.
https://splice.com/plugins has a rent to own for RX but the last time I checked it wasn't the Advanced version.

SLiC wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:25 pm Everything will be cloud based and subscription eventually.
Not really

SLiC wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:25 pm Everything will be cloud based and subscription eventually.
It may look like it.. but I also highly doubt that!

Subscription based models like these are usually in detriment to the user and in profit for the companies.. they work really REALLY hard on it to be a 'perceived' value so the user seems happy but many see through it and avoid it altogether!

Dear Doctor Ozone, can I gets a prescription for the subscription?
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

I'm done with RX Advanced if they go full sub, I ditched all Adobe software when they started doing that too. Time to buy Acon Acoustica Premium if that happens (it's cheaper than an RX Advanced bi-yearly bugfix update...)

SiliconDeath wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:58 pm
Not really
Agreed. If we in mass as consumers go elsewhere with our dollar, they will comply to us instead eventually.

This is very lame. I love Izotope, have even called myself a “fangirl”, and own all of their software. Their plugins are used in all of my songs. I’m so disappointed to hear this. I left Waves after learning about WUP and this sounds as bad if not worse...

I’m not going to repay for everything I already own forever for compatibility/bug fixes and small updates here and there. Guess I’m not updating the Mac and we are just going to use it as a music machine until it eventually needs to be replaced. Ugh...I DO NOT like this direction the industry is going in. Makes me want to invest more in analog again and say, forget it, to them all...

Return to “Effects”