Kilohearts Convolver

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://kilohearts.com/products/convolver

Looks like a pretty cool simple IR loader. Do kilohearts normally send vouchers to everything owners? I know it's only 19.50 but I'm broke so didn't want to buy it yet if there is a voucher on the way. Still. Looks pretty good to me.
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

Even those who own the Ultimate collection do not get the new plugins at any discount beyond the intro.

teilo wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:04 pm Even those who own the Ultimate collection do not get the new plugins at any discount beyond the intro.
There is an additional discount. You go to the shop and there's an option to add the discounted upgrade to your cart (as a Toolbox Ultimate owner). In the case of Convolver it was a cost of $16.00, to upgrade the full collection to include it.

emasters wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:13 pm
teilo wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:04 pm Even those who own the Ultimate collection do not get the new plugins at any discount beyond the intro.
There is an additional discount. You go to the shop and there's an option to add the discounted upgrade to your cart (as a Toolbox Ultimate owner). In the case of Convolver it was a cost of $16.00, to upgrade the full collection to include it.
Oh, FFS. They don't make this remotely obvious, and this should be automatic. There was no such option on the Convolver product page, nor any note about updating Ultimate. It's not like their shop doesn't know, either, because once you buy Convolver, the upgrade option on the Ultimate page disappears. That ain't right.

I'm not going to quibble with them over $4, but this shouldn't happen.

Yes exactly this I just picked it up for £13.60 as an ultimate upgrade and it is one of their best so far IMO. BUT be wary of 2checkout their payment server is glitchy and it took a couple of refreshes to get it to charge me in the correct currency, so double check before hitting the buy button.

I was wrong, but I still hate their system :)
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

┐( ̄ヘ ̄)┌
Last edited by Autobot on Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rabbit in a hole

Something is wrong with the pricing system. It was $16 to get the Convolver by upgrading Toolbox Ultimate but $14 to get it by upgrading Toolbox Professional. Obviously I chose the latter :P
Softsynth addict and electronic music enthusiast.
"Destruction is the work of an afternoon. Creation is the work of a lifetime."

It's pretty cool. I use MConvolutionEZ for some of the sound design IRs. The Kilohearts Convolver offers a lot of IR options. More directions for me to go, and it should be nifty in Phase Plant. Props to Kilohearts.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Great, thanks for the inside intelligence.

Dirtgrain wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:00 pmI was wrong, but I still hate their system :)
I like it. The way Kilohearts do business should be the model for everyone else. They make the whole experience so simple and easy.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Right, I keep forgetting this method.

Actually if you do it as a Professional package upgrade it is $14.
thanks
rsp
sound sculptist

Has anyone registered it? Having problems with the installer here.

morelia wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:57 am Has anyone registered it? Having problems with the installer here.
I've had issues with the Windows installer multiple times where it won't download the latest update. I forget what I did last time but this time I deleted the entire Kilohearts folder in ProgramData and then it updated correctly (and then I had to reinstall everything since, y'know, I just deleted the entire data folder).
Last edited by Greenstorm33 on Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Softsynth addict and electronic music enthusiast.
"Destruction is the work of an afternoon. Creation is the work of a lifetime."

I just bought it and registered it on the mac between my last post above and this, didn't have any issues.
rsp
sound sculptist

Return to “Effects”