KONTAKT GUI Maker in development [RELEASED]

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Kontakt Kontakt GUI Maker

Hi everyone,

this is to inform you, that there´s a new software being developed and probably a lot of you have been waiting for something like this.

It´s called the KONTAKT GUI Maker and does exactly what its name implies.

No more tedious and cumbersome ui_control definition via code - let KGM do it for you!

With KGM, you can drag and drop picture files (GUI items) to a virtual KONTAKT window and from there further modify settings for them, arrange them and so on. When you are done, you will have a KONTAKT-ready script file generated for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0nAUKqDQ-o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dPA-_pmXVc

Planned features for the first (v1.0) release:
  • Load existing skript files and modify UI controls directly on screen.
    Adding UI items via drag and drop.
    Adding ui_sliders, ui_knobs, ui_menus and ui_tables via buttons.
    Assigning basic operations to UI elements.
    Assigning pre-made functions to UI elements.
    Basic included operations like set_volume, change_pan and ADSR engine parameters.
    Import of PNG image strips. If a *.TXT file exists for that particular image, the contents will be read and used/displayed accordingly.
    Editing of UI properties like name, picture-file, no. of images, width, height, mouse, automation name/allow, help text, min, max and default values.
    On screen positioning and arranging of UI elements.
    On screen image animation preview using the mousewheel.
    Customizable on_init block.
    Customizable on_ui_control blocks.
    Locking of UI objects in the editor.
    Support for ui_offset (for different wallpaper backgrounds).
    Support for multi script.
    Support for UI tables with custom width, height, range and colours. resizable on screen, set_table_steps_shown().
    Control over make_persistent, read_persistent_var.
    Support for text input fields and ui_labels.
    User expandable script library.
Possible future features:
  • Automatic "3D-izing" of (circular) knobs.
    Adding transparent shadows.
    Support for arrays.
    Support for level meters.
    Support for modulators (FIND_MOD).
    Support for keyboard modifiers.
    Support for NKA files (saving/loading and array handling).
Release information:
  • Type: Desktop-application for Windows and OS X (Mac).
    (Your purchase includes both operating systems.)

Release Date: 1st of October, 2016.

Retail price: $99.99
    Pre-Order price: $49.99 (save %50)
To help in the development process, you can pre-order the KONTAKT GUI Maker for 50% of its retail price.
You will receive beta builds then as they appear. The goal is to have a stable and working beta with all the essential features very soon.

You are also invited to suggest ideas for KGM - we are open for anything as long as its doable and not unrealistic :D

More information: http://www.rigid-audio.com/products_kon ... maker.html

Thanks for the read!
Last edited by rigidaudio on Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:08 am, edited 5 times in total.

This is a cool idea for people that are not versed in Kontakt scripting!

Despite my best intentions, I've never taken the plunge into Kontakt scripting. I've done an extensive amount of programming in different languages, however, and I can see the value in a tool like this. Fiddling around with GUI layouts entirely in code is often much more time consuming than using a simple WYSIWYG layout tool. Great idea!
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

deastman wrote:Despite my best intentions, I've never taken the plunge into Kontakt scripting. I've done an extensive amount of programming in different languages, however, and I can see the value in a tool like this. Fiddling around with GUI layouts entirely in code is often much more time consuming than using a simple WYSIWYG layout tool. Great idea!
Exactly. KGM helps to save a lot of time and typing :-)

Watching. :)

Rigid Audio
Lenz, Neumarkplan
10c
Berlin 12349
Germany

Is that Dennis Lenz from Prodyon?
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Yes, it is :)

Can it add your own UI designs as long as they respect the template specs (pixel dimensions, size etc.)?

cocoazenith wrote:So basically I can add my own UI designs as long as they respect the template specs (pixel dimensions, size etc.)?
Yes, you add your own graphical elements from disk (PNG/JPG files) just like you would when designing a GUI for KONTAKT. These are more or less sliders, buttons and knobs (image-strips).

Since every ui_element has to have *.txt file describing it, KGM will read these information and display the imported elements accordingly.

Hope that makes sense :-)

cocoazenith wrote:Can it add your own UI designs as long as they respect the template specs (pixel dimensions, size etc.)?
This is planned, yes. KGM will be able to read KONTAKT script files (ui_control definitions only for now).

With some tricks, KGM can make any knob look kind of "3D" as well. This is planned for a future update :)

Interesting. I will follow this.
Sounds and presets for UVI Falcon "Iterata X".
Bazille soundset - Crystalline Textures 3.

:hyper:

Am I right to infer that this loads as a Kontakt instrument and runs its scripts to let the user build the GUI then the associated script.

How would I do background panels?

Which Kontakt version is needed (or, can it be used in Kontakt 4 by us Luddites)?
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

I think it just exports the script to be pasted in an instrument, nothing else.

If Kontakt 6 is in the making, the scripting possibilities will probably be altered/expanded when that is released

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”