RELATED
PRODUCTS
Cubase Pro 13

With very nice new features:

https://www.steinberg.net/maintenance/

Yes.!

At last - better automation curves/drawing
At last - more inserts
At last - a majorly better metronome/click track (though, still includes 'world-famous' Steinberg beep/click if you begin to miss it..!)

More drag 'n' drop goodies; click anywhere to start playback (ok, with Shift+Alt modifier); plugins refresh; adapt to zoom grid thing looks useful; 64bit internal processing; and more to be revealed... :)

Not of use to me personally, but they state Console 1 getting 'deep integration', coming in the new year - a LOT of folk were wanting to see this happen on the SB forums. A very heavily requested feature (as was Bezier curves and more inserts and an overhauled metronome; all of which = SB listens.!)

Instant upgrade here.
:party: :hyper: :clap: :borg: :love:
Win10; i7 4790K; 16Gb RAM; GTX750Ti; Cubase Pro v13.0.30; WaveLab Pro v11.2.0; S1 v6.5.2; UR44 audio/MIDI

Very nice I wonder how much it will cost €49 ?

Live 10 is looking more and more like a messing about toy and it's highly unlikely I will be upgrading while I move over more to using Cubase pro.
Last edited by topaz on Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Automation curves, yeah! Is Reason now the only one which dont have automation curves...?

Bézier curve hurray !
Win 10 64-bit, MSI Z77A-G43, i7 3770K, 16GB DDR3, 120 Gb ssd,
Seagate ST3000DM001, Seagate ST31500341AS, Cubase 9,
Panorama Nektar P6, Maschine mk2, Korg Minilogue, Roland quad capture, Pod hd, Fender the Strat, Stratocaster, Starcaster, JTV 59

OH ! INSANE UPDGRADE !!!! I love the idea of FX on a separate piece of audio !! OK STEINBERG TAKE MY MONEY AND SH*T UP !

topaz wrote:Very nice I wonder how much it will cost €49 ?
I wouldn't be surprised if this is £99.
Win10; i7 4790K; 16Gb RAM; GTX750Ti; Cubase Pro v13.0.30; WaveLab Pro v11.2.0; S1 v6.5.2; UR44 audio/MIDI

hivkorn wrote:OH ! INSANE UPDGRADE !!!! I love the idea of FX on a separate piece of audio !! OK STEINBERG TAKE MY MONEY AND SH*T UP !
God yes.!! forgot about that (Direct Offline Processing - was sure that was going to stay as a Nuendo only feature... :) )

F5 .... F5.... F5.... F5....; bacon sandwich; F5.... F5....

(I'll guess around lunchtime before its live - happy I'm working from home today.!)

thebutler wrote:F5 .... F5.... F5.... F5....; bacon sandwich; F5.... F5....

(I'll guess around lunchtime before its live - happy I'm working from home today.!)
expect some HEAVY problems to download the upgrade , i will do it in 2 or 3 days :D

thebutler wrote:
hivkorn wrote:OH ! INSANE UPDGRADE !!!! I love the idea of FX on a separate piece of audio !! OK STEINBERG TAKE MY MONEY AND SH*T UP !
God yes.!! forgot about that (Direct Offline Processing - was sure that was going to stay as a Nuendo only feature... :) )
It will be great and steinberg have just given to cubase the little something it was missing (for me) with these feature.

Will wait for 40% off sale then. I am very much over the instant upgrade thing.
thebutler wrote:

Not that I want to be that guy, because I use Cubase, but I also use Reaper and this is a feature that I use a lot in Reaper and one where it completely kicks Cubase's ass. Reaper has a separate FX stack for every audio clip. When I saw them start talking about it in the video I was hoping that they'd implemented it like Reaper. It's ok, but I much prefer the Reaper approach. I use that a log for ambient stuff where I have a lot of processing but I want some particular piece processed a little differently. It often saves a bunch of automation work.

topaz wrote:Will wait for 40% off sale then. I am very much over the instant upgrade thing.
thebutler wrote:
right? I suspect though that Elements won't actually change that much in terms of upgrade from LE versions and I've been meaning to pick up a copy of Elements for my Mac. Glad I waited.

hivkorn wrote: expect some HEAVY problems to download the upgrade , i will do it in 2 or 3 days :D
Well, that can often depend on where exactly you are in the world..! Me.? Here in the UK, I'm luckier than some I guess, as I've never to this day had an issue downloading any SB release on day one...

Good luck.!
(am excited about this update !!!)
Last edited by thebutler on Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”