TROUBLE with Silent Way Voice Controller Calibration

Official support for: expertsleepers.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

HELLO — I RECENTLY added a new ES-8 to my ES-3,6,7 on a USB Fireface 802 aggregate under Logic 10.4 on OSX 10.13.3 (formerly had been using the INPUTS from ES-6 and ES-7 connected by ADAT to a Firewire based RME Fireface 800 but never used SW or even audio OUTPUT from ES-3)

Have established AUDIO IN and OUT are both working but Silent Way Voice Controller CV OUT does not seem to be working yet, or at least not coming out the expected ES-8 no.1 & no. 2 output jack.

Curiously, I can get the SW LFO working both visually and audibly affecting the signal when running on the same audio channel as the Modular (not as software instrument) coming out that same ES-8 no.1 output jack.

Also worth noting, in case it has any bearing outputs 1 & 2 ( 7 & 8 ) on my ES-7 are reversed.
Not sure if this is normal behaviour - it's tethered to ES-6 by rear cable as per manual instruction AFAIK

thanks, Pete

I just detached the ADAT line for further testing and got the same results using the ES-8 on its own without the other ES modules

Next I reattached the ADAT and discovered using outputs from the ES-3 I started to get some very strange results: no matter which of the 8 I connected to CV in I started hearing a random sequence of pitches.

Activating the Silent Wave VC plug-in and setting the ES-8 Audio channel as Sidechain in the software instrument, after hitting 'Calibrate' the SW Voice Controller calibration window displays a variety of waveforms before resting on a comb shaped graphic.

Then when I then try to play it from a keyboard I just get that same random sequence of pitches which is just interrupted by each gate signal coming from keyboard ON/OFF notes before continuing on with that S&H sounding random sequence

BTW as per your directions in the downed MW forum - the trial PATCH for each for all of above is simply CV in to RS-95E VCO with WAVE form out back IN TO ES-8 INPUT NO.1

Muffs is back. Let's pick up there.

Return to “Expert Sleepers”