serious help needed here regarding vocal recording

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

the case :
my mom recently came to my home for a little stay (1 month) and + she is also a good singer

problem:
i use a dac sound card (1 audio input) and i have no microphone so for recording vocals i dont have any thing

some of my solutions:
i am looking for some audio interface bundles(aka podcast/studio bundles)
like steinberg ur22 mk ,scarlett solo studio bundle,maudio vocal studio pro
(personally i am looking these cause they come with some high end plugins from waves or steinberg or AIR itself) if any other known bundle please suggest it

or the usb mic setup like
Rode NT-USB USB
(i know rode is quite good company but the whole All-In-One thing is kinda tripy and no free plugins)

or should i buy every thing discrete
(if discrete please suggest the combo)
need audio interface(i wont need 2 mic input as i am not into heavy recording), mic(not some shitty mic might do some sound design for games and movies in future so need good sensitivity) ,a good noise isolating earphone(not too expensive as i already have my IEM)with everything within 240$~260$
Win 10 x64 with specs enough to run DAW without bouncing any track
KZ IEM,32-bit 384Khz dac running at 32bit 48Khz
mainly use REAPER, MTotalbundle, Unfiltered Audio TRIAD and LION, NI classic collection,......... ETC

I'd probably buy one of those interfaces and a microphone like an Shure SM-58 (or whatever works for your situation and budget). I wouldn't worry too much about the "high end plugins", as you can get great results with many free plugins.

toine6 wrote:I'd probably buy one of those interfaces and a microphone like an Shure SM-58 (or whatever works for your situation and budget). I wouldn't worry too much about the "high end plugins", as you can get great results with many free plugins.
any suggestion for an audio interface i am not that much used to audio interface
mainly use REAPER, MTotalbundle, Unfiltered Audio TRIAD and LION, NI classic collection,......... ETC

I couldn't really suggest one. You want one that is stable and has good driver's and decent sound quality. I also think it would be useful for you to have an interface that has phantom power. I usually read a lot if reviews before I buy an interface. I'd probably choose the Steinberg as I think I read decent reviews on it a few years back.

Your microphone choice is personal, and there's a reason there are so many microphones out there. I suggested the Shure because it's cheap and well made and will be useful even if you eventually buy other mics. It's not the most sensitive mic, but it's geared towards vocals and is a good all-rounder, and has been used on some of the biggest songs ever made. But there is no one mic fits all, it depends on the voice and the song. Good mic to start trying things out with though.

toine6 wrote:I couldn't really suggest one. You want one that is stable and has good driver's and decent sound quality. I also think it would be useful for you to have an interface that has phantom power. I usually read a lot if reviews before I buy an interface. I'd probably choose the Steinberg as I think I read decent reviews on it a few years back.

Your microphone choice is personal, and there's a reason there are so many microphones out there. I suggested the Shure because it's cheap and well made and will be useful even if you eventually buy other mics. It's not the most sensitive mic, but it's geared towards vocals and is a good all-rounder, and has been used on some of the biggest songs ever made. But there is no one mic fits all, it depends on the voice and the song. Good mic to start trying things out with though.
oh thanks man i have herd a lot about shure but the only problem is that in india every thing is expensive as gold :-D so for a quite searching i found out a mic named CAD gxl 2200 what do you think is it any good company or some other chines shit product.

I own the Cad, it's alright. Just be aware that a condenser mic will pick up all the little sounds in the background, so you need a quiet place to record if you don't want background noise. A dynamic mic will be less sensitive but reject more background noise.

toine6 wrote:I own the Cad, it's alright. Just be aware that a condenser mic will pick up all the little sounds in the background, so you need a quiet place to record if you don't want background noise. A dynamic mic will be less sensitive but reject more background noise.
ok thanks man you helped me a lot man :D bye

If you buy the CAD or any condenser mix, you'll need an audio interface with phantom power in order to use it.

thecontrolcentre wrote:If you buy the CAD or any condenser mix, you'll need an audio interface with phantom power in order to use it.
ya i am thinking about buying steinberg ur12 seems to fit my needs btw are those preamps good i mean i need a quite low self noise so ??

I've got a Focusrite Scarlett 2i 4 and have used that for vocal recordings. It has phantom power too.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”