H3000 Factory Questions

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
H3000 Factory

I've been looking into a super juiced FX processor along the lines of old prog rock and electronic "spaceship music" for lack of a better term. The H3000 seems to fit the bill perfectly and I'm sure was used on a lot of those recordings.

My problem is with the price. I get this is a special unit but $350 is just insane even for what this thing does.

So here's my question.

Looking at the architecture, it appears to be fixed modular where you can route any parameter to any other parameter, similar to what you can do with U-he's ACE.

My question is this. Is there either...

1) A similar functioning plugin (must be modular) that doesn't cost nearly as much and has a similar enough sound, quality wise?

or

2) A series of plugins that I can chain together to create an H3000 that's obviously going to cost significantly less? Naturally, I'm looking for these plugins to be able to modulate each other.

In short, I'm looking for an H3000 without having to shell out $350.

Am I out of luck or is there a reasonable alternative?

By the way, this thing sounds amazing and reminds me of the good old days.

How I miss them.

I don't know of an alternative to H3000. I am sure you though about looking in the classifieds on here and perhaps GS for a 2nd hand license. The first thing I thought about, as a sort of alternative, is Soundtoys or maybe the Unfiltered Audio products. However the H3000 hardware has a distinctive sound (vintage digital) and so its pretty much the only thing that does that. If you have 4+ Eventide plugins that are included in Anthology X you can upgrade to it for $200 which include H3000.

I'd wait for a sale or 2nd hand. You aren't Elton John. :hyper:

plexuss wrote:I don't know of an alternative to H3000. I am sure you though about looking in the classifieds on here and perhaps GS for a 2nd hand license. The first thing I thought about, as a sort of alternative, is Soundtoys or maybe the Unfiltered Audio products. However the H3000 hardware has a distinctive sound (vintage digital) and so its pretty much the only thing that does that. If you have 4+ Eventide plugins that are included in Anthology X you can upgrade to it for $200 which include H3000.

I'd wait for a sale or 2nd hand. You aren't Elton John. :hyper:
No, I'm not Elton John. I'm not even Elton Bishop. Oh wait, that's Elvin Bishop.

Never mind.

But damn these things sound amazing.

Do you own any of the Eventide products included in Anthology X? One option is to make the guy in the classifieds an offer on his Anthology X and then sell off your redundant ones - that would be a cheaper way to get H3000.

or

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Eventide-H3000-U ... Sw6hNZe5pN

Plugins included in Anthology X:
H910 Harmonizer + Dual H910
H949 + Dual H949
H3000 Band Delays
H3000 Factory
UltraReverb
Octavox
EQ65 Filter Set
E-Channel
UltraChannel
EQ45 Parametric Equalizer
Precision Time Align
Quadravox
Instant Phaser
Instant Flanger
Omnipressor

plexuss wrote:Do you own any of the Eventide products included in Anthology X? One option is to make the guy in the classifieds an offer on his Anthology X and then sell off your redundant ones - that would be a cheaper way to get H3000.

or

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Eventide-H3000-U ... Sw6hNZe5pN

Plugins included in Anthology X:
H910 Harmonizer + Dual H910
H949 + Dual H949
H3000 Band Delays
H3000 Factory
UltraReverb
Octavox
EQ65 Filter Set
E-Channel
UltraChannel
EQ45 Parametric Equalizer
Precision Time Align
Quadravox
Instant Phaser
Instant Flanger
Omnipressor
I don't own one Eventide product. I honestly didn't even know they had gotten into the plugin market.

Yeah, I know...I'm old.

By the way, that Ebay ad is for the hardware unit

Eventide should do a Black Friday sale next month. Last year's was pretty good.

They did do an excellent price on the Anthology (which was when I picked mine up) earlier this year. It might come around again at the end of November.

That said, I fear that the biggest problem you may have with the H3000 is the GUI.

It is not tiny as such, but there is a vast amount packed into it, and much of the labelling is in a tiny, spidery thin, font.

You aren't going to get that magical Eventide sound but your best bet for something close might be MXXX with the creative bundle.

ontol wrote:Eventide should do a Black Friday sale next month. Last year's was pretty good.
Exactly. Just wait for BF, it'll be 49$ or 79$ most likely.
No signature here!

lnikj wrote:They did do an excellent price on the Anthology (which was when I picked mine up) earlier this year. It might come around again at the end of November.

That said, I fear that the biggest problem you may have with the H3000 is the GUI.

It is not tiny as such, but there is a vast amount packed into it, and much of the labelling is in a tiny, spidery thin, font.

You aren't going to get that magical Eventide sound but your best bet for something close might be MXXX with the creative bundle.
Know what? If I can only use it as a preset FX unit, with all that's packed into it, it'll be fine. The presets will probably cover everything I'll ever need anyway. Plus, I've seen the matrix. It's not horrible. There isn't so much in it that I'll go crazy trying to work with it, unlike some synths that have 100 knobs and sliders.

And it certainly can't be as bad as the M1 or Wavestation.

I was going to offer mine, but there's a listing in the Sell section for the H3000 for $129. That's probably your best price right now, though keep in mind it's an iLok plugin, so there'll likely be a transfer fee unless he/she's paying it. :tu:
Chris H.

I may be laughed at for the recommendation but... try Guitar Rig 5. Many just see it as a amp simulator but it's an incredibly flexible multi-effect plug-in. It sounds great, has flexible routing, toons of effect types and freely assignable modulators.

wagtunes wrote:By the way, that Ebay ad is for the hardware unit
Ya I know. you should buy it. :phones:

plexuss wrote:
wagtunes wrote:By the way, that Ebay ad is for the hardware unit
Ya I know. you should buy it. :phones:
Ha ha ha. Yeah, when I inherit some money. LOL

H3000 factory only has a few of the algorithms (3? 4?) from the hardware so the presets are actually kind of limited IMO, at least in terms of stuff that you can actually use. I'll never understand why they won't port over all the algorithms, the H3000 hasn't been in production in ages.

Return to “Effects”