New synth: Aparillo by Sugar Bytes

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Aparillo

Good, pleased about coming NKS support too

Schmidi wrote:How much overlap is there between Aprillo and Obscurium? I get a similar vibe from the specs and sounds I'm hearing. (Sorry if this is discussed earlier)
they do not have so much in common. maybe its better to point out main differences.
In Obscurium you would rather create a rhythmic sound sequence, the powers of Obscurium even allow beats to be created (very different sounds per step). Also you can replace the VA/FM sound engine with a vst plugin and it will create sequences for you.

Aparillo, no sequencers, but a fully blown double-FM synth, and the Orbiter will generate morphs or offer new sounds. Aparillo is focussed on Unison sounds with very different sounds per voice.

try the demos!

rico

Sugar Bytes wrote:
Schmidi wrote:How much overlap is there between Aprillo and Obscurium? I get a similar vibe from the specs and sounds I'm hearing. (Sorry if this is discussed earlier)
they do not have so much in common. maybe its better to point out main differences.
In Obscurium you would rather create a rhythmic sound sequence, the powers of Obscurium even allow beats to be created (very different sounds per step). Also you can replace the VA/FM sound engine with a vst plugin and it will create sequences for you.

Aparillo, no sequencers, but a fully blown double-FM synth, and the Orbiter will generate morphs or offer new sounds. Aparillo is focussed on Unison sounds with very different sounds per voice.

try the demos!

rico
would love to have a randomize function for everything ;D
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Just in case anyone is wondering why you might be having trouble getting a pure sine wave out of Aparillo with the "0.Init" patch, you'll need to switch off formant shifting within the "Form" section. You're welcome ;)

Caine123 wrote: would love to have a randomize function for everything ;D
+1000 :love:
U N I S O N : shoegaze/electronic wall of sound with heavenly voice
https://soundcloud.com/weareunison / https://www.facebook.com/unison666 / https://weareunison.com/

I want to thank Sugar Bytes support, for solving an archive-download related issue,
which apparently was quite unique to me. It is getting rare these days to receive
personal and successful customer support, especially when not related to
the broad plane of the userbase.

That said, Aparillo demo is installed and appears to be fully working
in my linux Mint 18/wine-staging/Reaper setup. :party:

The sound and capabilities are stellar, as many have mentioned,
on just the tip of the iceberg. Good times ahead for sure!
Cheers

I remember when Sugar Bytes first came on the scene and this is the Sugar Bytes buy from me. Great product. One of those synths that invites tweaking and producing interesting results. The interface is a bit cryptic for me (would like a few labels on image buttons to facilitate more straightforward tweaking) but very nice work.
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

inusable wrote:
We'd probably see even more soundsets for sale. Lol.

inusable wrote:
We almost have that. The Randomize options in the Orbit page (illustrated by two cogwheels) for "Amounts" and the "Radius" of each Orbiter object, in a way, does randomize pretty much everything. I've actually found that creating a loop in the Orbit page and tweaking those objects here and there is a great way to create some beautiful sounds. It's a very different workflow for me, but a welcome one.

I'm really enjoying the way Aparillo surprises me. I don't always know what to expect. Embracing that hasn't been easy, since I'm such a control freak. But learning how to let Aparillo just do its thing while I tweak this and that has been very rewarding. :tu:

Sound Author wrote:
inusable wrote:
We almost have that. The Randomize options in the Orbit page (illustrated by two cogwheels) for "Amounts" and the "Radius" of each Orbiter object, in a way, does randomize pretty much everything. I've actually found that creating a loop in the Orbit page and tweaking those objects here and there is a great way to create some beautiful sounds. It's a very different workflow for me, but a welcome one.

I'm really enjoying the way Aparillo surprises me. I don't always know what to expect. Embracing that hasn't been easy, since I'm such a control freak. But learning how to let Aparillo just do its thing while I tweak this and that has been very rewarding. :tu:
Can the Orbit have more than two loop points? It seems that whenever I try to do more than 2, it only remembers the last 2.

Oh, wow, I didn't even know you could do multiple loop points! XD

Sound Author wrote:Oh, wow, I didn't even know you could do multiple loop points! XD
Well that's just it. I don't think you can unless I'm doing something wrong, which is quite possible.

Im floored by the sound and the possibilities.
Definitely my kind of thing.
But, without having tried it, and only having been COMPLETLEY confused by a couple vids, I am scared it will be another Harmor; Amazing innovation locked behind a wonky hard to use workflow.
Surely I am incorrect!!! :love:
ImageImageImageImage

Why doesn't the delay have also dotted synced values, only triplets and straight values are possible?

Brilliant! They seem to be releasing some of the most interesting, creative plugs lately. An interesting juxtaposition between complexity and simplifying fm. The orbit page is particularily interesting, if not fascinating. I can imagine the physics of everyday world (atoms and sub atomic particles) behaving with similar properties and radius of influence. As they approach other objects or energy fields, the properties of both behave with sort of inverse square relationships of distance. Great fun and thought provoking.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Return to “Instruments”