Poly-Ana: Coming soon from Admiral Quality.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Poly-Ana

aMUSEd wrote:Did it ever come out of that last beta?
I never knew. I bought it at a price considerably higher than it is for this Black Friday. I am very disappointed with the lack of support. Hope he manage to recover the work and get PolyAna back to life.
Fernando (FMR)

It has, it is at 1.31 now, not beta. I guess I should hope for 2.0, not 3.0 ;) Simply a larger GUI skin would be the most help really.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

fmr wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:Did it ever come out of that last beta?
I never knew. I bought it at a price considerably higher than it is for this Black Friday. I am very disappointed with the lack of support. Hope he manage to recover the work and get PolyAna back to life.
Recover - what happened?

I get the impression the Poly-Ana project is doomed, to be quite honest :?

Does anyone know how to change the skin file now? I am doing per the instructions, but now it is out of beta, I can only load the default skin:
A "skin" folder under your Poly-Ana data folder (same location where the .key file is kept) will override any Poly-AnaBG.png file found in the data folder.
Ah, nevermind, I extracted the skin folder one level too high.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

braj wrote:Does anyone know how to change the skin file now? I am doing per the instructions, but now it is out of beta, I can only load the default skin:
A "skin" folder under your Poly-Ana data folder (same location where the .key file is kept) will override any Poly-AnaBG.png file found in the data folder.
Ah, nevermind, I extracted the skin folder one level too high.
I usually have all the folders there, but only one named skin. When I want to change skins, I just rename the folders, and relaunch PolyAna.
Fernando (FMR)

I've just bought Poly-Ana while it was on sale. I was testing the demo version and a lot of the patches sounded a bit flat/dead. Playing around with it more I discovered something interesting: When you turn off the DC-Cut button, a lot of the patches sound much better, more alive, analog, fat, with better oscillation. After hearing that I decided to buy a copy. Some of the snappy bass sounds sound better with it turned on.

It seems most patches have the DC-Cut enabled, while many of them don't need it (it fixes non-centered waveforms, which could ruin your mix).

EDIT: I had to manually create the Admiral Quality and Poly-Ana folders in my program files folder, which was really odd.

dzilizzi wrote:(snip)So what makes Poly-Ana different from other synths? (snip)
Hi,
I like to share my 5 cent because POLY-ANA took me completely by surprise. I bought it more blindly because a user told us on KVR that it has many OSC-modulation options. I couldn´t find much sound demos and so I jumped into cold water...I don´t wanno leave anymore.

I am totally spoiled by many Hardware Analog and Digital Synth I own and by Synth like those from U-He (own them all), ICARUS, LOOM2, ODDITY2, Wolfgang Palms PPG stuff OPX II-Pro, MPowerSYNTH and things like (THE LEGEND).

What makes POLY-ANA different? First of all it simply is different in the most positive meaning. It has a fully analogish but kind of its own sound and it does things with ease other VA can´t do.

I NEVER ever before heard such a great bottom end from a VST. Hard to describe. It is extremly fat and warm at the same time and it can be flowing soft like butter without loosing energy. This alone is a reason to buy. You won´t find that in another VST at least no one I know. The FM sounds fantastic and compared to my hardware DOEPFER it is much nicer because it can sound harsh AND soft. I made severeal sounds in no time which sounds like the ones APHEX TWIN used on his first records. Absolutely astonishing close to real synths. This all comes with a deep modulation "matrix" and two modulation mixers. This thing is semi-modular and it sounds like hell when you screw like mad :)

You can do amazing things with it and I am asking myself why did I buy the boring THE LEGEND which has absolutely no modulation options? All the features I am missing there, POLY-ANA has to offer and soundwise there are no wishes left cause its so versatile. Most analog emulations or VAs are kind of limited. This is not the case with POLY-ANA. A dream if you are a sound-designer. I will open a new thread for this amazing Synth when I delved further into it because I am wodering myself why "no one" talks about this synth and everybody talks continously about DIVA, Omnesphere and so on. ANA-SYNTH is THAT one synth which fills a big gap and comes as an individual sounding VST with lots of unheard character and thats a great thing.

Joyful modulating.

Why would you necro a 12 year old thread with "Coming Soon" in the title ? Start a new thread if you want to discuss Poly-Ana :dog:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

This seems to be the main discussion thread about Poly-Ana, don't think it's nichttuntun's fault it still says 'Coming soon' in the topic title
Last edited by mcbpete on Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yes. That was totally irritating at first. :o

And by the way. I just discovered this instrument right now. Never heard about it before. So I couldn't give my opinion earlier and have it now no matter how old this thread is. Cheers

Teksonik wrote:Why would you necro a 12 year old thread with "Coming Soon" in the title ? Start a new thread if you want to discuss Poly-Ana :dog:
I get that :dog: feeling on all of YOUR posts

nichttuntun wrote:Yes. That was totally irritating at first. :o

And by the way. I just discovered this instrument right now. Never heard about it before. So I couldn't give my opinion earlier and have it now no matter how old this thread is. Cheers
Yeah it's a real good synth, though (in my opinion) made much harder to use with the realistic-looking GUI cluttering up the controls. I definitely recommend using the flatland skin at the top here - https://www.kvraudio.com/product/poly-a ... /downloads (the info text explains where to dump the files)

mcbpete wrote:
nichttuntun wrote:Yes. That was totally irritating at first. :o

Yeah it's a real good synth, though (in my opinion) made much harder to use with the realistic-looking GUI cluttering up the controls. I definitely recommend using the flatland skin at the top here - https://www.kvraudio.com/product/poly-a ... /downloads (the info text explains where to dump the files)
I've started using this one as well. It's nice and big and very clear. It is a bit cartoonish, but it's really clear to see what going on. His early attempts I remember were quite bad but he improved them a lot and the final one is great:
Last edited by Echoes in the Attic on Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yes there are some great custom made skins out there and already use them. But the overall fonts size still could be bigger as the GUI size in general. I am in contact with the developer and he said he is aware of this.

Joyful modulating.

Return to “Instruments”