[PreSonus Studio One] Music | Design | Film | VFX Production Resource

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Professional

If you want, you can vote for it here: http://answers.presonus.com/11020/multi ... nnstrument

Anyway, i might have put my head above the parapet a bit there (if that's what it's called). I frankly have no idea how many people actually use MPE controllers.

chk071 wrote:If you want, you can vote for it here: http://answers.presonus.com/11020/multi ... nnstrument

Anyway, i might have put my head above the parapet a bit there (if that's what it's called). I frankly have no idea how many people actually use MPE controllers.
Thanks for the link :tu:

Excuse me being lazy to read the whole thread but does midi side of S1 still suck? I mean sequencing hardware instruments.

I do like the patterns by the look of it.
Does anybody know: can this only trigger Impact XT or can it trigger other plugins as well?
I am thinking d16 drum plugins for example.

The Chord Track does more than just track the chords you're using. You can globally change the chord in a section and all of the MIDI parts and all of the audio parts will change to that chord. It's a powerful way of playing with chord sequences. No need to go in and transpose everything your MIDI events.

PreSonus—Marcus Huyskens Studio One 4 tips: The Chord Track
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elQpKx9n7dI

It works with MIDI note pitch, right? Should work with anything.

Anyone wanting to know more about the new features in Studio One 4, this YouTube search should help you out. It's a good idea to filter it by Upload Date.

This upgrade gets my vote :tu:
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

It's a nice upgrade imo, with some welcome features. Of course, they've left a lot
of room for more welcome features. :wink:

I finally got my upgrade serial (apparently a server error, still no V3 licence though, just the new one)

I realy like the update, if you like chord tracks, this is head and shoulders above any other DAW. Great to drop random loops in, key detect and get a midi baseline following the loop chords, then change the key of the whole thing to go with a guitar lick...superb.

My top feature is that drum sequencer, can do Euclidean
Probability, repeats etc, loads of fun - elektron/beartweaks style anything as part of any arrangement and triggering get anything.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

After I got an 'Invalid License' error installing v4, I put in a ticket to PreSonus. Once they'd sorted out the error, they emailed me to say that if v3 is missing from my account, it should be put back some time between now and the end of the month (i.e. just over a week).

Bathrobe wrote:
resurrection wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:
resurrection wrote:They have midi editing
Without being able to record sysex from the MIDI input directly to a MIDI item (to the best of my knowledge), without 14-bit CC support, no MPE support... Oh and what about RPN/NRPN? Some might also want to have articulation mapping, it's nowhere to be found in S1.

That chord track is pretty great, though. Trounces the one in Cubase for sure.
Nothing of this is new. OK, maybe MPE. The point is, you know these things, but the guy I was responding to doesn't. And he wants NEW, like AI, folding space, and getting Ivanka Trump laid.
Without NRPN Omnisphere 2.5 won´t be able to respond to the new synth controlled feature.
Spectrasonics said they are in talk with Ableton about it because Live doesn´t support NRPN´s.
Guess they should discuss this with Presonus also.
It already works fine in Studio One version 3.5. Not sure what NRPN support ED is specifically looking for, but they're at least being passed being the scenes to VIs.

$149 for the upgrade, ouch. I'll be waiting for a deep sale or the next version.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

ATS wrote:$149 for the upgrade, ouch. I'll be waiting for a deep sale or the next version.
Annoyingly it seems to apply to Producer and earlier versions as well as Professional so those of us who paid extra for Pro 3 lose even more, although it's a better deal for Producer owners and people with earlier versions. It should be cheapest for people who own Professional 3.

Last upgrade took about 3 months to get to $110 last time IIRC, if Uncle E isn't already able
to get there, that's not too bad imo.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”