Propellerhead Reason Rewards... talk about desperate and unappealing.

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Maybe it's hard for KVR staff to setup tests for forum members. However, IMO there should at least be a subforum dedicated for people who value serious discussion. In such a subforum not only trolling posts would be deleted but also any attempts to derail the thread with subgroup inside humor, off-topic comments, and so on.

oneway wrote:So over in the Studio One threads we’ve got that one guy posting dang near twice a day about Presonus being a failure and the Devil for not having bigger plugin GUIs on his Win7 laptop. T
What forum website is that...? Because none of that correlates to anyone here.. and what is if implied is really factually wrong from the Studio One threads here...

____

As for the OP's issue... Well it looks like they have introduced a Tesco Club Points like system for Rack Extensions... It's a last ditch effort to make something from a dying format..., it should have been an option 5.. 6 years ago but no... and there is no recourse to get points for any Rack Extensions prior to buying Reason 10...So those who have spent hundreds on RE's have no benefit of this... and if you do sign up...you agree to be spammed with emails and promotions.

Between 2012 & 2014 I'd probably spent between £200-£300 on RE's just to replace the 6 - 13 year old devices... How many points would that be, I've no idea... but none of the money I spent is valid for points, not that I ever intend to buy any RE in the future anyway... Just before the end of 2014 I ditched Reason and bought a new daw... I was with Reason from 1.0 to 7.01...

As a passing gesture, I turned Reason in an art project before moving on... a sort of headstone to all the time I had spent with it... I was very happy I left Reason behind...and the marketing \ development fiasco surrounding it...
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

THE INTRANCER wrote:
oneway wrote:So over in the Studio One threads we’ve got that one guy posting dang near twice a day about Presonus being a failure and the Devil for not having bigger plugin GUIs on his Win7 laptop. T
What forum website is that...? Because none of that correlates to anyone here.. and what is if implied is really factually wrong from the Studio One threads here...

You know damn well that he was referring to nobody else but you (and everyone else knows it too), yet none of his claims are true? That's priceless! :lol: :hihi: :lol:
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote:You know damn well that he was referring to nobody else but you (and everyone else knows it too), yet none of his claims are true? That's priceless! :lol: :hihi: :lol:
My eyes are priceless... my hearing ability is priceless, my intelligence is priceless..... people posting nonsense on forums isn't.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

kmonkey wrote:Why they can't invent some sort of occasional psychopath test for forum members. You know some sort of bricks or questions. And then ban these crazies for life.

And why i am under impression this is not his first account...
It's like a reincarnation of Edward, but now switched to another daw ;-)
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

Orbit-50 wrote:
Psuper wrote:I love Reason, I want it to succeed...
love
ləv/
noun
an intense feeling of deep affection.

Thread title:
Psuper wrote:Propellerhead Reason Rewards... talk about desperate and unappealing.
hy·poc·ri·sy
həˈpäkrəsē/
noun
the practice of claiming to have moral standards or beliefs to which one's own behavior does not conform; pretense.

There was a reason you were banned at the other forum. This is it. It's one thing to have feature requests, it's another to join a forum with the sole purpose of denegrating a company. There are a few things I cannot stand about Reason for years now. I've come to grips with the fact that they will never change them and that's fine, it's their decision . I need to do what I got to do. Brooding over what Reason could be, should be, is a waste of time. When these missing features and shortcomings rear their ugly heads while trying to commit extented time in Reason, I go back home to Cubase until I cool down. I really dig reason but I realize it cannot be my end-all-be-all solution, but it is totally awesome for certain things and for what it is, it is a beautifully designed program. Switch DAW's if it's that big of a problem. Shouting from the rooftops over and over is not going to move their asses any faster. Simple.
Learn to comprehend. I'll requote myself though it won't help for people like you:
And once again I'll make this very clear to the swath of people who cannot bother to comprehend or read, or do and just prefer trolling: I love Reason, I want it to succeed, I praise what Props do well, and criticize what they don't, all in an effort to keep it on the track I know it needs to go.
Yes I was banned at RT, I posted it here apologetically because of how ridiculously obvious it was. Quite unlike you and others who hide behind many forum names in shame with your poo-pooing agenda.

I never broke a rule, never was less than moderately respectful even in light of attacks, I just call it as I see it and don't apologize to anyone. The reason I was banned was clear --- Kenni is a thin skinned Rah Rah guy (who I don't think is on the books from Propellerhead, but certainly is associated with them) who couldn't stand the fact that I made more sense and had more people listening to me than him and his whole crew of RahRahs. He was entirely embarrassed the first time he tried to denigrate me, and just couldn't wait for a chance to ban me in a way that could look even remotely legit. There were a couple mods who deserved to be, and a majority who just towed the Kenni line, as most of the users there are expected to do as well.

I have posts praising Props which no one complains about, and posts criticizing props which you fannies get all offended at because unbiased original opinion is foreign and scary to you. If props start doing some of the things I've suggested them to do, they'll be back on track to proper success and I'll be a big part of that, where you rah-rahs will be forgotten and not have helped at all. I'm sure props don't want to hear criticism, and I won't be thanked, and I'm cool with it.

I promise you one thing, crap like these rewards and unending marketing spam turns most people the hell off, regardless if it saves someone $20 here and there, its a bad bad decision, and the only thing you fannies can think of is to just stay quiet about it, or troll the guy who doesn't.

Regardless, I came here to voice my opinion, and will continue to do so. In the future, I won't respond to those who are decidedly unworthy to hold a genuine conversation with.
Have you tried Vital?

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”