StiX : MultiSynthesis Drum Machine (v1.6 Released + Flash sales)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
StiX

BeeDog wrote:Lotuzia, since you work at Xils (or are tight with them, always confused), I hope you're aware that the Xils website has been hacked. :help: :borg:

EDIT: Do not visit Xils' website now, as mentioned below there seems to be a virus there.

holy shit yes. thats what google spits out on top(DONT CLICK ON THE LINK IN BRACKETS!):

XILS-lab
[....ttps://_ww.xils-lab.com/....]
Hacked By H@cK_it Dz. ... Hacked By H@cK _it Dz. H@cK_it Dz. Algeria Hackers. [#] Hacker Algeria Muslims Are Not Terrorists [#] "Palestine Free " f**k ...
‎XILS 4 · ‎XILS V+ · ‎Download · ‎Synthesizers

i was damn lucky enough yesterday by visitng their site before the hack.

Xils site 24/07/2018 : Everything is fine and 100% safe again.

There was no access to database, no virus, no risk of beeing infe.ted by visiting the site. Only the front page was modified. Also : No Financial aspect at all, no data of any kind compromised. All other pages of the site were OK btw. People can DL installers, demo, see tutorials, purchase StiX or any other instrument, everything works.( but these pages did work ok even the main page was broken and hacked)
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Lotuzia wrote:
evertonfan wrote:I have downloaded the new version this morning & I really, really like the sounds StiX generates. And the new layout is nice. But I am still missing something here or is the ability to export MIDI patterns still not available? I really need the ability to just copy & paste StiX Patterns straight into Ableton Live.....& StiX still can't do that? Is that correct? I do see this Song creator feature within StiX, but that's not what I want. Can someone please confirm? Ta very much...
Glad you like it.
No you can't drag'ndrop pattern from StiX to the daw atm.
You can however record StiX midi output directly into your daw. Put Daw in record mode between any two locators, enable StiX midi output (button above the virtual keyboard), record the pattern(s), and mofify them afterwards in your daw, re-organize/edit midi data as you wish. You can also send midi from StiX directly to external hardware drum machines, or synthesizers in your Daw, or other drum machines. You can also play patterns live while playing/recording drumhits where you want, and finally you can also mute any drum(s) at any moment to make variations/intro/outros easily.
Sorry for bumping this,but here goes; I'm probably dumb as a brick, but I'm not that good at FL Studio to be able to do this. I am trying to find a way to record the MIDI output of my StiX pattern, but can't manage. Any kind soul able to help here? Thanks in advance.

BeeDog wrote:
Sorry for bumping this,but here goes; I'm probably dumb as a brick, but I'm not that good at FL Studio to be able to do this. I am trying to find a way to record the MIDI output of my StiX pattern, but can't manage. Any kind soul able to help here? Thanks in advance.
The easiest way to do it is with something like LoopBe MIDI.

Configure loopbe as a midi output to a seldom used port in FL, set the midi out of StiX
to said port, enable note/automation record in FL, enable midiout in StiX, select an instrument
channel to record into (you can also lock them to the loopbe controller if you want). Press play...

pekbro wrote:
BeeDog wrote:

Configure loopbe as a midi output to a seldom used port in FL, set the midi out of StiX
to said port, enable note/automation record in FL, enable midiout in StiX, select an instrument
channel to record into (you can also lock them to the loopbe controller if you want). Press play...
Thanks Pekbro for the turnaround :tu:

So, does this mean that FL Studio is not able to record the Midi output from a VSTi ? If this is the case, I'll have to add this turnaround into StiX manual.

Are there other midi ports utilities that are available as alternatives (than LoopBe Midi) that I could mention ? Also, are there other Daws that can't record the midi output from a Vsti ?

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

I'm trying the demo in Ableton but can't seem to output MIDI but not sure if that's a demo limitation or non-compatibility. When I go to record MIDI, it shows Stix in the dropdown box but nothing passes through once selected.

shonky wrote:I'm trying the demo in Ableton but can't seem to output MIDI but not sure if that's a demo limitation or non-compatibility. When I go to record MIDI, it shows Stix in the dropdown box but nothing passes through once selected.
It's the demo version limitation iirc.

pekbro wrote:
BeeDog wrote:

Thanks a lot, but still can't for the life of me get this to work. Installed LoopBe, assigned it to port 88, made sure the MIDI output of StiX is on port 88, that the "Midi S." button in StiX is glowing, but can't seem to capture any MIDI whatsover anywhere... :(

Lotuzia wrote:
So, does this mean that FL Studio is not able to record the Midi output from a VSTi ? If this is the case, I'll have to add this turnaround into StiX manual.
That is correct, AFAIK...
Lotuzia wrote:
Are there other midi ports utilities that are available as alternatives (than LoopBe Midi) that I could mention ? Also, are there other Daws that can't record the midi output from a Vsti ?
loopMIDI, CopperLan, Midi Yoke... probably more. The virtual midi cable is likely
not the only way to go about it, depending on configuration. It's an easy solution
though, and a handy utility to have around.

Here's a thread thats lists some info on them. I have only ever used LoopBe1 myself.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=382249

Regarding other DAW's, Reason is the only one I can think of ATM.

*Sometimes the midi-out feature has to be enabled in the plug-in before it can work,
it's that way with Sonar and Samplitude for instance. It's a configuration set in the host,
as well as the midi-out in StiX. Although, in Sonar that might only apply to FX, I forget,
since I no longer use it.
BeeDog wrote:
Thanks a lot, but still can't for the life of me get this to work. Installed LoopBe, assigned it to port 88, made sure the MIDI output of StiX is on port 88, that the "Midi S." button in StiX is glowing, but can't seem to capture any MIDI whatsover anywhere... :(
Make sure you have LoopBe enabled as a midi input device as well, no need to assign
a port there. Sry, guess I forgot to mention that.

-Cheers

pekbro wrote:
BeeDog wrote: Thanks a lot, but still can't for the life of me get this to work. Installed LoopBe, assigned it to port 88, made sure the MIDI output of StiX is on port 88, that the "Midi S." button in StiX is glowing, but can't seem to capture any MIDI whatsover anywhere... :(
Make sure you have LoopBe enabled as a midi input device as well, no need to assign

-Cheers
Thanks again! Seems to be working sort of fine now...

Though I have another newbie question; how do you configure StiX to only listen to MIDI for playing back instruments? Right now, as soon as I press play in FL Studio the StiX pattern plays, and with the recorded MIDI it goes crazy. I want to control all the input notes to StiX :-) I guess the small lock icon seems to be having an impact, but playing my MIDI notes in StiX doesn't seem to record any kind of velocity or ADSR (making the bass drum sound farty and hollow compared to when you play the pattern directly in StiX).

EDIT: Nevermind, seems the recording option in FL Studio was incorrectly configured (had to be on "Leave note duration" instead of "Record to step sequencer"). Sounds much better now, but still not as good as when played directly within StiX. Some of the instruments sound more glitchy when played through notes...

pekbro wrote:
Lotuzia wrote:
That is correct, AFAIK...
Lotuzia wrote:
loopMIDI, CopperLan, Midi Yoke... probably more. The virtual midi cable is likely
not the only way to go about it, depending on configuration. It's an easy solution
though, and a handy utility to have around.

Here's a thread thats lists some info on them. I have only ever used LoopBe1 myself.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=382249

Regarding other DAW's, Reason is the only one I can think of ATM.

*Sometimes the midi-out feature has to be enabled in the plug-in before it can work,
it's that way with Sonar and Samplitude for instance. It's a configuration set in the host,
as well as the midi-out in StiX. Although, in Sonar that might only apply to FX, I forget,
since I no longer use it.
BeeDog wrote:

-Cheers
Thanks for all the info. I'll def add a mention of this workaround in the manual for FL studio users, or possibly other hosts that can't record the midi out of a VSTi

BeeDog wrote: ....
EDIT: Nevermind, seems the recording option in FL Studio was incorrectly configured (had to be on "Leave note duration" instead of "Record to step sequencer"). Sounds much better now, but still not as good as when played directly within StiX. Some of the instruments sound more glitchy when played through notes...
A few points :

1/ Dont forget to choose an empty pattern in stix, if you have recorded the pattern in midi to your daw. Otherwise the drums sounds will be triggered twice ( once by StiX sequencer and once by Midi)
2/ Some sounds and/or Sequence lines will sound different, especially if they use the Polystep modulator (that cant be emulated by a daw), or even by the P.Lock parameters.
3/ And yes, don't forget that compared to almost all standard drum machines, StiX use ADSR or R-Clap enveloppes (Vs AR or ADR standard percussive EVs) So the GATE TIME matters. I've made some video tutorials about these subjects,and also about microtiming etc. It might be a good idea to watch them at least once, if only to become aware of why these parameters are important if you want to get deeper into StiX. I'll make some other videos in the future, with a more detailed focus of this or that StiX features.

Otoh, it's also one of the reasons why StiX can produce so much completely different drum sounds :)

Any word on drag and drop midi? :help:

StiX beloved 80's flavor

Syncopated 80's

Is there an upgrade path from Stix LE from Beat? If so, do you know the cost? Or is just for Stix CM? Thanks.

Return to “Instruments”