Lamentation - 4 Part Chorale (SATB)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

vurt wrote:
jancivil wrote:so, at the end of the day was 'needs more cowbell'
:cry: it was just a joke because there was nothing at all to criticize :cry:

:hihi:
A JOKE! Seriously...damn, I need to cancel that international assassin...shit, I hope I can get my deposit back?!*#?

Anyone know Ra's al Ghul's phone number? In a mysterious moment I ate the piece of paper that I had it written on!
Last edited by ChamMusic on Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vurt wrote:
jancivil wrote:so, at the end of the day was 'needs more cowbell' or 'needs more C E G' the more helpful

The idea there was to have fun at the expense of Mr. 'C E G'.

I wonder if there's anyone around that has never seen the Will Farrell bit.

jancivil wrote:
vurt wrote:
jancivil wrote:so, at the end of the day was 'needs more cowbell' or 'needs more C E G' the more helpful

The idea there was to have fun at the expense of Mr. 'C E G'.
tbh, i did think i must have missed something :hihi:
i was thinking "jan obviously knows im joking, so am i missing a really clever double twist???" :lol:
that's how my mind works, i didn't even think it was the other guy :oops: paranoia or ego? or one in the same... :o

ChamMusic wrote:
vurt wrote:

A JOKE! Seriously...damn, I need to cancel that international assassin...shit, I hope I can get my deposit back?!*#?

Anyone know Ra's al Ghul's phone number? In a mysterious moment I ate the piece of paper that I had it written on!

i taught the demons head everything he knows!
including that scone recipe he keeps winning the prizes at fetes for :x

have you noticed, when it comes to saying his name on tv/film there seems to be no consensus on how to pronounce it?
rashe
rarz
raz

cant they all just pick one :bang:

vurt wrote:
ChamMusic wrote:
vurt wrote:

i taught the demons head everything he knows!
including that scone recipe he keeps winning the prizes at fetes for :x

have you noticed, when it comes to saying his name on tv/film there seems to be no consensus on how to pronounce it?
rashe
rarz
raz

cant they all just pick one :bang:
Yes, I'm just finishing Gotham Season 4 and we've all been laughing at it!

But more importantly...the Lazarus scones were your recipe...you do realize that you turned Old Grandpa Jones into a rampaging toddler...he ate 10 of the damn things!:0)

ChamMusic wrote:
rp314 wrote:I'm beginning to compose my next pieces using dissonance - even with the E+F chord-combinations!
Yes, experimenting a bit further than you have so far can only be a positive, but don't try and go as far as this piece of mine quite yet maybe! :0) E+F can come across very differently depending on the surrounding harmonic context.

[...]

If you post a piece, I will listen to it. If I have anything useful to say, I will say it!
Given how lethargic I seem to be lately I kinda wish this actually did refer to something I'd posted. :hihi:

It's not always easy to respond to multiple participants, no? :P :ud:

rp314 wrote:
ChamMusic wrote:
rp314 wrote:I'm beginning to compose my next pieces using dissonance - even with the E+F chord-combinations!
Yes, experimenting a bit further than you have so far can only be a positive, but don't try and go as far as this piece of mine quite yet maybe! :0) E+F can come across very differently depending on the surrounding harmonic context.

[...]

If you post a piece, I will listen to it. If I have anything useful to say, I will say it!
Given how lethargic I seem to be lately I kinda wish this actually did refer to something I'd posted. :hihi:

It's not always easy to respond to multiple participants, no? :P :ud:
Ha! Well spotted.

The weird thing is that I was only copying and pasting / responding to one participant in that post! How that happened I'm not really sure as the words are ALL his but it says YOU! :0)

ChamMusic,
Thank you for the review! Now your song: for the vocals: at times they sound extremely realistic, and some parts sound slightly artificial (which is not necessarily a bad thing). I like that brief high pitch female vocal a lot; wouldn't mind hearing more of that sort of thing. It sounds very good as is, but I was really anticipating and hoping it would evolve into something with popular music ala E.L.O. or Rush, etc. Audio quality is very good. Melodies are very good. :)
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

aaron aardvark wrote: It sounds very good as is, but I was really anticipating and hoping it would evolve into something with popular music ala E.L.O. or Rush
This one was never going to go in that direction! :) Maybe next time?

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated

I'm not a choral afficionado, (although I do like using these sounds in an electronic context), but I liked this. The harmonic interactions between the four different voices were both interesting and satisfying. I thought the whole piece was a great listen, and to these untrained ears, conveyed a natural realism.

There were some interesting points raised in the thread, particularly regarding the use and perception of dissonance and footwear.

"Maybe there's a bundle of rags that I could use,
Hey anybody,
Can you spare a dime?
If you're really hurtin', a nickel would be fine"

Good work :)

seismic1 wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:16 am I'm not a choral afficionado, (although I do like using these sounds in an electronic context), but I liked this. The harmonic interactions between the four different voices were both interesting and satisfying. I thought the whole piece was a great listen, and to these untrained ears, conveyed a natural realism.

There were some interesting points raised in the thread, particularly regarding the use and perception of dissonance and footwear.

"Maybe there's a bundle of rags that I could use,
Hey anybody,
Can you spare a dime?
If you're really hurtin', a nickel would be fine"

Good work :)
Thank you very much Tim...especially as Choral styles are NOT normally in your listening zone! :0)

ChamMusic wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:17 pm He had a listen to some of my soundcloud stuff and then emailed me some responses.

This piece, which might be more to your taste he described as 'a barely tolerable piece of pap':
https://soundcloud.com/chameleon-music/ ... -the-blade

This one, (which you will probably dislike intensely) he described as 'A beautifully judged improvisation that genuinely moved me...thank God you've learned something Mark':

https://soundcloud.com/chameleon-music/ ... -substance

Sorry, I type quickly and I've 'gone on' a bit! :0)

Mark, enjoying this thread and really enjoyed listening to both those pieces!

Sorry I forgot that I'd already listened to this one. I still liked i though.

I cannot work out how to delete this mistaken post.
Jazz Clarinet Rocks - well sort of Swings anyway!

HitEmTrue wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:22 pm
ChamMusic wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:17 pm He had a listen to some of my soundcloud stuff and then emailed me some responses.

This piece, which might be more to your taste he described as 'a barely tolerable piece of pap':
https://soundcloud.com/chameleon-music/ ... -the-blade

This one, (which you will probably dislike intensely) he described as 'A beautifully judged improvisation that genuinely moved me...thank God you've learned something Mark':

https://soundcloud.com/chameleon-music/ ... -substance

Sorry, I type quickly and I've 'gone on' a bit! :0)

Mark, enjoying this thread and really enjoyed listening to both those pieces!
Thank you for listening...and reading!

JazzyClarinetMan wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:55 pm Sorry I forgot that I'd already listened to this one. I still liked i though.

I cannot work out how to delete this mistaken post.
Glad you enjoyed it a second time around!:0)

I don't think you can delete posts...just edit them.

Return to “Music Cafe”