Skin Update: DUNE Black Mk2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Richard_Synapse wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:05 am Really nice skin, thanks for sharing! :)

Richard
Hi Richard, I have a question about this. Are we allowed to use ResHacker on the full version too? Wouldn't that affect our license?

ZeePok wrote:
Thanks for explaining! My, that sounds like a lot of work! :)

Anyway, it looks much fresher than the original! I like your design! :) :tu:
Youre welcome. And yes, it was a lot of work initially, as it always is when you cant define positions and sizes etc yourself and have to find out where the exact boundaries of stuff are. But since all that was already done in Mk1 it was a rather quick affair to update just the fonts and a few other things. I guess i did that over the course of 3 days or so while Mk1 took weeks. (Including the White variant.)

And yes, i like it much better now too. The old font i used for the section labels was really horrible, i really dont know what possessed me. (lol) Also the red dots on the knobs look so much nicer too, plus they eliminate the problem of having lines that suffer from suboptimal anti-aliasing. Well worth the effort IMO, in retrospect thats probably how i should have made it in the 1st place.
U-o wrote: Thank you for this skin. I mixed it with previous skin version to my taste and now looks (and works) great - also with DUNE CM = still great VSTi, even without FX section. :tu:
Glad youve found something that works for you. :)

And agreed, DUNE is a nice synth to have even without the FX. Since BE has everything except those its practically like the full version only you have to use your own FX. And thats really not a problem at all. Very generous of Richard, and definitely appreciated. :)

I have just updated the archive because i had accidentally left a keyboard on the main background.

(This will be overlayed by the actual keyboard images so you would never see this, but anyway.)

So the first 26 downloaders now have a 'Special Limited Edition' of this skin.

Take good care of it because it might be worth a lot of money some day! (lol)

ZeePok wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:41 pm
Richard_Synapse wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:05 am Really nice skin, thanks for sharing! :)

Richard
Hi Richard, I have a question about this. Are we allowed to use ResHacker on the full version too? Wouldn't that affect our license?
That's fine with us :)

Richard
Synapse Audio Software - www.synapse-audio.com

ENV1 wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:34 pmYoure probably busy enough with other things, but there are a few things i found that would be nice if they were fixed, so should you ever consider an update to DUNE (which is still as useful as ever regardless of the fact that more advanced options are available) here are 2 things that are not just item-positioning issues:

LFOs
Saw and Square of LFO 2 and LFO 3 have like a short lag at the start of every cycle. (Its the same effect that a lag-generator would produce.) The lag is relatively brief at fast rates/speed but still very noticable and enough to make LFO 2 and 3 unsuitable in situations where you need a clean straight ramping up or down.
The LFOs 2+3 are smoothed, this was a design decision back then to add more flexibility (in DUNE 2 this is not necessary anymore, with the MSEGs smooth ramps can easily be drawn where desirable, so all LFOs behave exactly the same).

Note this behavior can be changed easily, only issue is the effect on existing patches.

Richard
Synapse Audio Software - www.synapse-audio.com

I see. Didnt know that this was actually done on purpose because the manual, which is very well written and very detailed, did not mention this circumstance. (So i figured it might be a bug.)

Dont know what your plans are with DUNE 1 (if any) but maybe a switch to enable/disable the lag could be an option? That way existing presets would remain unchanged while any new sounds could use LFO2/3 in 'lag-less' mode. (Or better still, a continuous control to dose the lag as desired?)

In any case, thanks for clearing that up. Will remove the audio demo now.

For me this works for Dune VST on MAC for both Dune (1) and Dune CM. However I cannot get it to work for the AU (Component) to use it in Logic. If I change the contents there the instrument will not authorize. I might do the work of comparing the factory skin and the "Black" one element by element.... some day.
Mac Pro 3,2Ghz - 10TB - 20GB, Cubase 10 + 8 + 7 + 5 + 4, Logic X, Yamaha 01v96, Hammerfall RAYDAT.

Dune 1 is on Sale (49$)

I know, that DUNE3 is around the corner, but I decided to buy this grandfather (or "upgrade" to full from CM version). I was looking for something "easy to tweak", similar to discontinued IL WASP (goodbye my old friend) with powerful sound, and 64bit with low CPU hit. BANG! Now is the right time to change its skin... :hihi:

And also, if it will be updated at least once again... it will be absolutelly amazing! Thanks for this skin and perfect gift for my... XX "ehm"... birthday! :tu:

Richard_Synapse wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:12 pm....

Note this behavior can be changed easily, only issue is the effect on existing patches.

Richard
ENV1 wrote:...Dont know what your plans are with DUNE 1 (if any) but maybe a switch to enable/disable the lag could be an option? ...
yzcoruhT

Thank you for your work. :clap:

Return to “Instruments”