Native Instruments Massive X Synth - Sequel to Massive (Out Now!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Massive Massive X X-Squared For Massive X

NatLife wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:41 am guys, so Massive X will out or no?
Noone knows if it will out itself or not.

perfumer wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:12 amNo, they are not, because that's how they appear to you.

And the thing itself is not its attributes. That's why the human being - anthropos - is unfindable.

BTW, Buddhism is about the same thing too.
Things appear the way they do to me because my sensory apparatus allow me to create an internal model of external reality. Assuming that my eyes and ears work well (as i get older i require reading glasses more often) my internal model is a fairly accurate representation of the world. A ball appears spherical to me because to a close approximation it is. There are objective facts about the ball such as its volume, surface area, mass, velocity etc which exist irrespective of my ability to perceive them.

But lets try to keep this on topic here... A low-pass filter attenuates frequencies above a specified value, that is its function. Whether it imparts any additional characteristics such as saturation or modulation is a by-product (intended or otherwise) of it's particular design, the subjective value of these by-products is indeed a result of individual perception. However the criterion by which we determine the nature of the filter is not subjective, if it fails to attenuate frequencies above the specified value then it is objectively bad. As an extreme example, if a filter does nothing then it is ineffective/faulty/broken. That is an objective fact regardless of whether you imagine it to be otherwise.

On this matter I care not for the musings of ancient greeks, buddhists, mormons, postmodernists or whatever. I care about the scientific study of reality when evaluating the nature of something. If you are suggesting that objective reality does not exist then why are you even attempting to interact with it at all?

mods: feel free to assert your subjective whims and move this to HPC if you choose
Last edited by mutantdog on Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ommmmmm.

Mutantdog, I think the answer is simple. Some people just like to be stupid trolls.

This place is filled with them and it's getting boring and lame.

It''s why I don't spend nearly as much time here as I used to.

wagtunes wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:47 pm Mutantdog, I think the answer is simple. Some people just like to be stupid trolls.

This place is filled with them and it's getting boring and lame.

It''s why I don't spend nearly as much time here as I used to.
You may indeed be right, I've got two weeks off work starting today and I could spend this time making music or i could waste it arguing with people on here. One of these options violates my new years resolution. That also is an objective fact. :wink:

Excited for massive x but it been pushed back 6 months!

Biome_Digital wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:04 pm Excited for massive x but it been pushed back 6 months!
*Pedant's corner - actually pushed back 4 months*
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

thought it was a joke...but sadly no - june 2019

Pssst... in a Minimoog filter, when properly implemented such as in Monark, the overall volume drops when Resonance is turned up, but the bottom end from below 200Hz stays "unharmed". This gives the Minimoog the bass boost it is famous for. (But yes, you might have to compensate for overall volume drop)

I'm a bit surprised anyway. I thought Bones was a heavy user of Dune 2 and 3, which have that volume drop modelled in nearly all of the (lp) filters.

Biome_Digital wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:04 pm Excited for massive x but it been pushed back 6 months!
Better later... instead of too early and maybe buggy or not as powerful as it might get :D

Urs wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:49 pm Pssst... in a Minimoog filter, when properly implemented such as in Monark, the overall volume drops when Resonance is turned up, but the bottom end from below 200Hz stays "unharmed". This gives the Minimoog the bass boost it is famous for. (But yes, you might have to compensate for overall volume drop)
I really like Monark. The Massive X pictures show a 'Blue Monark' filter. So hopefully a new 'blue' flavour of the Monark filter. If it included the exact same filter in Monark that would be canibalising another product so surely they wouldn't...surely!

If the Monark filter is essentially a Minimoog filter I wonder if they have modeled a variation of it. Are there different types of Minimoog filter?
:hyper: M O N O S Y N T H S F O R E V E R :hyper:

noiseboyuk wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:23 pm
*Pedant's corner - actually pushed back 4 months*
I guess I was thinking 6 months from now. :hihi:

Cyforce wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:10 pm
Better later... instead of too early and maybe buggy or not as powerful as it might get :D
Sure. I am prepared to wait for "stable and powerful"!! :D

spunkmuffin wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:56 pm
Urs wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:49 pm Pssst... in a Minimoog filter, when properly implemented such as in Monark, the overall volume drops when Resonance is turned up, but the bottom end from below 200Hz stays "unharmed". This gives the Minimoog the bass boost it is famous for. (But yes, you might have to compensate for overall volume drop)
I really like Monark. The Massive X pictures show a 'Blue Monark' filter. So hopefully a new 'blue' flavour of the Monark filter. If it included the exact same filter in Monark that would be canibalising another product so surely they wouldn't...surely!

If the Monark filter is essentially a Minimoog filter I wonder if they have modeled a variation of it. Are there different types of Minimoog filter?
If i had to guess, then i'd say that it's a more simple implementation. Probably less non-linearities, and less oversampling, to make it work better in a polyphonic synth. I'm sure it sounds as good though. :)

Return to “Instruments”