My musicality is dead

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
User avatar
Distorted Horizon
KVRAF
1707 posts since 17 Jan, 2017 from Planet of cats

Post Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:15 pm

After I met my girlfriend, I haven't released a one single song, I haven't finished one single song and pretty much I haven't really even made any music in months.

Now I really really tried to make some but I don't have any ideas and mostly I just stared at screen with this tiny "iiiiiiiiiiiiii" sound ringing in my ears :cry:

What can I do :cry:

User avatar
Aloysius
KVRAF
23169 posts since 11 Aug, 2008 from a computer

Re: My musicality is dead

Post Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:21 pm

Write a love song?
Broccoli is murder.

Mushy Mushy
KVRAF
11005 posts since 7 Sep, 2008

Re: My musicality is dead

Post Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:21 pm

Do what the masses do, give up on life or write love songs.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

sprnva
KVRAF
1515 posts since 16 Jan, 2013

Re: My musicality is dead

Post Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:23 pm

Go modular!
Image Image Image

User avatar
Bombadil
KVRAF
3148 posts since 31 Aug, 2013 from Far From the Twisted Reach of Crazy Sorrow

Re: My musicality is dead

Post Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:25 pm

Get her to dump you.
“We're an Anarcho-Syndicalist commune”
Dennis

User avatar
pekbro
KVRAF
2537 posts since 29 Sep, 2010 from Maui

Re: My musicality is dead

Post Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:25 pm

Yeah get yourself a modular synth, then tell your GF she looks fat if you
need something bad to write about.

User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
42829 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Re: My musicality is dead

Post Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:41 pm

Distorted Horizon wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:15 pm
After I met my girlfriend, I haven't released a one single song, I haven't finished one single song and pretty much I haven't really even made any music in months.

Now I really really tried to make some but I don't have any ideas and mostly I just stared at screen with this tiny "iiiiiiiiiiiiii" sound ringing in my ears :cry:

What can I do :cry:
if you like, ill have an affair with your gf :)

Mushy Mushy
KVRAF
11005 posts since 7 Sep, 2008

Re: My musicality is dead

Post Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:46 pm

vurt wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:41 pm
Distorted Horizon wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:15 pm
After I met my girlfriend, I haven't released a one single song, I haven't finished one single song and pretty much I haven't really even made any music in months.

Now I really really tried to make some but I don't have any ideas and mostly I just stared at screen with this tiny "iiiiiiiiiiiiii" sound ringing in my ears :cry:

What can I do :cry:
if you like, ill have an affair with your gf :)
That would certainly distort her horizon.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

User avatar
herodotus
KVRAF
5543 posts since 8 Dec, 2004 from The Twin Cities

Re: My musicality is dead

Post Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:58 pm

Give it time. It always takes time to adjust to a new domestic situation. After I met my wife-to-be, it was over a year before I could resume my musical activities. Had I kept telling her: "hey I am trying to think here" every time she wanted to talk to me, we never would have gotten married.

Now I just go down to my basement studio, which is a very austere place with very few places to sit, and she pretty much leaves me alone.

experimental.crow
KVRAF
5744 posts since 9 Mar, 2003 from The Druid Hills

Re: My musicality is dead

Post Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:21 pm

adjust the length ...
Image

chk071
KVRAF
19331 posts since 11 Apr, 2010 from Germany

Re: My musicality is dead

Post Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:23 pm

Buy more gear. :D

User avatar
excuse me please
KVRist
129 posts since 10 Oct, 2018

Re: My musicality is dead

Post Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:24 pm

After I met my girlfriend
I haven't released a one single song
I haven't finished one single song
And pretty much I haven't really even made
Any music in months

Lyrics are almost there though :tu:

elassi
KVRAF
2167 posts since 8 Sep, 2009

Re: My musicality is dead

Post Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:36 pm

chk071 wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:23 pm
Buy more gear. :D
Cowbell comes to mind. :D

deastman
KVRAF
7041 posts since 7 Aug, 2003 from San Francisco Bay Area

Re: My musicality is dead

Post Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:56 pm

Buy a vocoder. Nothing drives the ladies away faster.
Incomplete list of my gear: 110V AC to 12V DC 1.5A power supply (+ tip)

User avatar
ATS
KVRAF
6354 posts since 21 Dec, 2002 from MD USA

Re: My musicality is dead

Post Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:01 pm

excuse me please wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:24 pm
After I met my girlfriend
I haven't released a one single song
I haven't finished one single song
And pretty much I haven't really even made
Any music in months

Lyrics are almost there though :tu:
I like it! :tu:
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls ~ Pablo Picasso

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”