Unfiltered Audio Lion

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

thelizard wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:39 pmLION is pretty much finished, and as of Monday it's in the hands of PA's larger, last-stage beta testing team. At this point, we are fixing any bugs that are spotted while putting together a huge preset library. Tester feedback has been great, which is a relief. We spent a lot of sanity points on this one.
Good to hear! :tu:

How about you release some more audio samples, perhaps videos or even the manual? If it's still 1-2 months out, with the constant onslaught of summer, back-to-school & god-knows-what sales it's hard to not spend the money elsewhere. More info would definitely help your (future) sales.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Releasing the price would be a better help for budgeting but they won't do that. Probably PA wouldn't let them even if they wanted.

graspee wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:51 pm Releasing the price would be a better help for budgeting but they won't do that. Probably PA wouldn't let them even if they wanted.
Not only that.
When PA'll make it available to demo, they won't say the price before you could actually buy it.
Hate this thing PA began doing since a while.
That said, UA and Dmitry Sches are still good reasons for me to buy from PA.
Hope for some decent pricing.

Is the modulation path updated at sample rate , since it's modular I would assume it is .
Otoh byome was really lacking in that department , so I wonder what lion has done about this in the synth department
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Just got a PA voucher with a release schedule for August plugins. Lion is not on it. Looks like it's a September release.

Doing something similar to Ableton's Beta staging signup for new plugin releases could be a good idea - free bug reporters who want early access to unique plugins could work well for both Producers & PA - Could be another incentive for sub model too.

Don't give them ideas. How long before subbing gets you new plugins a month or two before they can be bought outright?

graspee wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:47 pm Don't give them ideas. How long before subbing gets you new plugins a month or two before they can be bought outright?
That’s not a bad idea, actually. Except they would probably hold the general release for two months rather than pre-release a beta.

It amuses me that this month's Computer Music magazine says they will be reviewing Lion in their next issue which comes out on the 4th September. Normally their reviews come out months after a plugin is out.

graspee wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:50 pm It amuses me that this month's Computer Music magazine says they will be reviewing Lion in their next issue which comes out on the 4th September. Normally their reviews come out months after a plugin is out.
Talking about September 4, launch date seems to point that day if that post by Dirk I read just minutes ago on Facebook is to believe.

Looking forward to playing with the LION this weekend...

martinjuenke wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:47 am Looking forward to playing with the LION this weekend...
and I heard he's looking forward to lunch with you :hihi:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Hink wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:50 pm
martinjuenke wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:47 am Looking forward to playing with the LION this weekend...
and I heard he's looking forward to lunch with you :hihi:
Only when the menu price is max 50$ (incl. voucher and intro etc...) :tu:

No news so far?

*I break into PA headquarters and start yelling "WHERE IS IT?! WHERE'S THE LION??" An actual Lion pounces on me and bites my neck, killing me, then takes out a MIDI keyboard and starts to play a sick synthesizer solo over my dead body.*
Softsynth addict and electronic music enthusiast.
"Destruction is the work of an afternoon. Creation is the work of a lifetime."

SGTVW wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:29 am No news so far?
Wednesday 4th September.
Always Read the Manual!

Return to “Instruments”