The Wagtunes Corner

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic

What CD Would You Like To Hear Me Do?

Modern Pop (Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, etc.)
5%
Classic Rock (Stones, Beatles, Who, Zep)
5%
Prog Rock (Yes, Genesis, Kansas, etc.)
10%
Show Tunes Style (Sound Of Music, My Fair Lady, etc.)
3%
Country (Alan Jackson, Garth Brooks, etc.)
2%
Disco (Bee Gees, Tramps, etc.)
14%
Metal (various sub genres)
9%
EDM (various sub genres)
14%
80s (various genres)
8%
Your Music Sucks. Please Stop Making It
30%

Total votes: 174

RELATED
PRODUCTS

vurt wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:15 pm
we can maybe poke donks for the bass 8)

Did you just call me a bass player? :x

I'm absolutely terrible at learning/playing anything anyone else has written, keep reverting to my own style, plus I only ever play with a plectrum. Probably best to get someone else. Unless of course you want some Lemmy style bass chords, then I'm the man for the job.. :hihi:

Okay, here you go.

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... t-no-drums

In the meantime, my DAW has suddenly developed a problem where I can't render tracks with vocals unless I freeze the vocal track first. I haven't pinpointed what's causing it but I have narrowed it down to the vocal track itself that's causing the problem. Whether it's a plugin on the track or something wrong with the audio system I have no idea.

Thanks! Hopefully you sot out your problem.

At the moment, I'm having a lot of fun jamming along to City Juice. Just trying to write the sections and practise them a little so I can get one decent play-through, It'll still probably be a bit loose, but it will at least convey a definite feel, and mark out some distinct section changes :tu:

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:37 pm Thanks! Hopefully you sot out your problem.

At the moment, I'm having a lot of fun jamming along to City Juice. Just trying to write the sections and practise them a little so I can get one decent play-through, It'll still probably be a bit loose, but it will at least convey a definite feel, and mark out some distinct section changes :tu:
That you're having a lot of fun doing this actually means a lot to me. I guess if the song was crap you wouldn't. So thanks.

Anyway, looking forward to hearing it.

donkey tugger wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:40 am

someone has to be :shrug:

vurt wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:44 pm

Believe it or not, I played bass many years ago. I got it from a friend of mine second hand. I was told I had a knack for it. Maybe that's part of the reason why the bass line to this song is at least decent.

Sadly, that bass has long been sold.

wagtunes wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:46 pm
vurt wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:44 pm

Believe it or not, I played bass many years ago. I got it from a friend of mine second hand. I was told I had a knack for it. Maybe that's part of the reason why the bass line to this song is at least decent.

Sadly, that bass has long been sold.
You can get a decent enough standard bass dirt cheaply these days, certainly for less than you'd pay for a lot of VST emulations.

One of course doesn't play bass, but Bass VI (in Fiesta Red).

:hihi:

wagtunes wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:42 pm
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:37 pm Thanks! Hopefully you sot out your problem.

That you're having a lot of fun doing this actually means a lot to me. I guess if the song was crap you wouldn't. So thanks.

Well I already said some pages back that I think it's a strong song :shrug:

Anyway, still working on it. I don't work at your speed :scared: but it's definitely taking shape. It ain't jazz, though...that's f'sure :hihi:

Was going to give you a bare-bones idea, but given that it's probably not the direction you were going for I thought I'd at least put in enough effort to get it closer to my vision, just for it's own sake.

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:34 pm
wagtunes wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:42 pm

Well I already said some pages back that I think it's a strong song :shrug:

Anyway, still working on it. I don't work at your speed :scared: but it's definitely taking shape. It ain't jazz, though...that's f'sure :hihi:

Was going to give you a bare-bones idea, but given that it's probably not the direction you were going for I thought I'd at least put in enough effort to get it closer to my vision, just for it's own sake.
Sounds good. I will await patiently.

7th track from my upcoming CD "The Cool Cat In The Wind"

What's Buzzin' Cousin?

What's buzzin cousin
Did you take her dancin tonight
Did you hold her gently
Did you kiss her in the moonlight

Was it what you thought
When for her love you fought
Was it worth the wait
When you got on your knees
Did you beg pretty please
Give me all the dirt
Was she quite the flirt
How much did it hurt
When she dumped your sorry ass
And went home with me

What's buzzin' cousin
Is your head spinnin' right now
Didn't see that coming
Yet you knew that it would somehow

Did you feel the pain
Like the pouring rain
Did it sting like hell
When you got on your knees
Did you beg pretty please
Give me all the dirt
Was she quite the flirt
How much did it hurt
When she dumped your sorry ass
And went home with me

Let me take the win
When she did you in
Broke your heart in two
Turned you black and blue
Wanna feel the joy of seeing you come unglued
Cause she dumped your sorry ass
And went home with me

What's buzzin cousin
Did you take her dancin tonight
Did you hold her gently
Did you kiss her in the moonlight

Was it what you thought
When for her love you fought
Was it worth the wait
When you made that daring move
The way that she hoped you'd do
Did it make you smile
Running that last mile
Laughing all the while
When she dumped my sorry ass
And went home with you

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... zin-cousin

Ok! Probably quite a few things to say, but I'm pretty tired and would rather re-listen with fresh ears. Anyway, thought I'd give you the file now:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9oaoe930g1sb5 ... 1.wav?dl=0

Seems you have to 'Open In New Tab'

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:54 pm Ok! Probably quite a few things to say, but I'm pretty tired and would rather re-listen with fresh ears. Anyway, thought I'd give you the file now:

Okay, well, the beat's great. In fact, it's amazing. Makes me wonder why the hell you don't do your own music and post it here. I have no doubt it would be excellent.

Having said that, obviously, the mix is, well, sounds like you added drums to a wav file, which you did.

So we have two choices. The easier one being you send me the MIDI for the drum part and, assuming it's in general MIDI format, I insert it into the drum track. I would still have to find just the right drum sounds and, obviously, separate the MIDI track into separate tracks in order to process each drum properly.

I won't even mention the harder option because I'm sure you wouldn't want to do it.

Anyway, terrific groove you got going there. Fits like a glove.

You're very good at this.

Now I understand why you get so critical of my music at times. I probably come off as a total amateur next to what you're capable of doing.

More than ever now I'd love to hear your music if you have any.

Thanks for your work on this.

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:54 pm Ok! Probably quite a few things to say, but I'm pretty tired and would rather re-listen with fresh ears. Anyway, thought I'd give you the file now:

Nice work! Gives it a real, almost Motown, energy in parts.

wagtunes wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:25 pm

Okay, well, the beat's great. In fact, it's amazing. Makes me wonder why the hell you don't do your own music and post it here. I have no doubt it would be excellent.

Having said that, obviously, the mix is, well, sounds like you added drums to a wav file, which you did.

So we have two choices. The easier one being you send me the MIDI for the drum part and, assuming it's in general MIDI format, I insert it into the drum track. I would still have to find just the right drum sounds and, obviously, separate the MIDI track into separate tracks in order to process each drum properly.

I won't even mention the harder option because I'm sure you wouldn't want to do it.

Anyway, terrific groove you got going there. Fits like a glove.

You're very good at this.

Now I understand why you get so critical of my music at times. I probably come off as a total amateur next to what you're capable of doing.

More than ever now I'd love to hear your music if you have any.

Thanks for your work on this.
I'm glad you like it. But it really is pretty understated. Like I said, it's supposed to be in service of the song, and I think you'd already set the pace, drive etc, but just didn't let the rhythm section do it's thing.

Anyway, it's late where I am. Time only for posting inane shit (in 3 words, possibly). There's definitely more to say about this track now that I've spent quite a few hours with it. And even though this was only meant as a proof of concept, I definitely put enough into it that I'd be happy to see it through with you to get the best version we can from it, if you wish.
Last edited by el-bo (formerly ebow) on Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Music Cafe”