RELATED
PRODUCTS
OB-Xd - Virtual Analog Synthesizer

Thank you guys! :hug:

New OB-Xd 1.5 skins:
studio4 wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:43 pm Updated skins to Version 1.5

Included with 1.5 release.
roodegar wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:05 pm Hi all,

A couple years back I made a skin for myself but never shared it until now. I wanted one that looks as close as possible to the original OB-Xa and so I went and did some photoshopping. Here's what I came up with:

I also updated it to have the 32 voices for version 1.5 (Thanks to studio4!).
If you like it you can download it here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ucw6q9vrtygku ... c.zip?dl=0

Thanks and enjoy!

Thank for keeping this amazing synth alive!

:tu:

discoDSP wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:59 am Next update will apply user based knobs so there's no need for that because it will blend much better with shadows ;)
When will we have an update that allows for user based knobs? And while we're at it, the possibility to save Banks from OB-Xd. I have Banks I saved with VSTHost that I can load with VSTHost but won't load using the right click menu. And there isn't an option to save Banks or patches in the native format FXP/FXB.
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:46 am When will we have an update that allows for user based knobs?
When it's ready :) Hopefully this year. Got no time for it on this latest update, sorry about it.
And while we're at it, the possibility to save Banks from OB-Xd. I have Banks I saved with VSTHost that I can load with VSTHost but won't load using the right click menu. And there isn't an option to save Banks or patches in the native format FXP/FXB.
Yes, I have realised standalone app saves the preset state data file with a format that seems almost exact to the FXB bank file. Someone could do the conversion code and implement it easily ;)

A vintage version of my OB-Xa skin (no download, just a preview):

Image Image

I appreciate George keeping this alive and free. For me, the two things that would complete the synth are:

1. Preset/Bank Management on the GUI - So the ability to save a preset to the current bank, create a new bank, advance to the next or previous preset. And...

2. Basic MIDI Learn. Just to let me get hand on it with it in Cubase (where Quick Controls are not adequate) and standalone.

At that point, it's just about up there with other commercial synths.

studio4 wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:33 pm A vintage version of my OB-Xa skin (no download, just a preview):

Looks good but I think if you toned down the spotlight a bit, it'd be even better. :tu:

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:43 pm I appreciate George keeping this alive and free. For me, the two things that would complete the synth are:

1. Preset/Bank Management on the GUI - So the ability to save a preset to the current bank, create a new bank, advance to the next or previous preset. And...

2. Basic MIDI Learn. Just to let me get hand on it with it in Cubase (where Quick Controls are not adequate) and standalone.

I used the OB-Xd Learn function for the first time yesterday with my Moog Grandmother, worked a treat. Click "Learn", click the knob/control you want to tweak (e.g. Filter Cuttoff), tweak your MIDI controller, et voila! I had five GM knobs controlling OB-Xd in real time, was a lot of fun! Or did you mean something else?

Agree about the need for better preset management.

Hermetech Mastering wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:25 pm
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:43 pm I appreciate George keeping this alive and free. For me, the two things that would complete the synth are:

I used the OB-Xd Learn function for the first time yesterday with my Moog Grandmother, worked a treat. Click "Learn", click the knob/control you want to tweak (e.g. Filter Cuttoff), tweak your MIDI controller, et voila! I had five GM knobs controlling OB-Xd in real time, was a lot of fun! Or did you mean something else?

Agree about the need for better preset management.
Honestly forgot that was there. :dog:

Thanks! :tu:

discoDSP wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:12 am
fmr wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:46 am When will we have an update that allows for user based knobs?
When it's ready :) Hopefully this year. Got no time for it on this latest update, sorry about it.
And while we're at it, the possibility to save Banks from OB-Xd. I have Banks I saved with VSTHost that I can load with VSTHost but won't load using the right click menu. And there isn't an option to save Banks or patches in the native format FXP/FXB.
Yes, I have realised standalone app saves the preset state data file with a format that seems almost exact to the FXB bank file. Someone could do the conversion code and implement it easily ;)
Thanks again for the update George, but as I went to download this "Tasty Oberheim", I found that the link to the OB-Xd page actually goes to your Bliss page instead.

Clipboard01.jpg

Steve
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

studio4 wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:33 pm A vintage version of my OB-Xa skin (no download, just a preview):

i love it
can you share it?
Thanks

planetearth wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:45 am Thanks again for the update George, but as I went to download this "Tasty Oberheim", I found that the link to the OB-Xd page actually goes to your Bliss page instead.
:oops: thanks appreciated. It's fixed now.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:43 pm 1. Preset/Bank Management on the GUI - So the ability to save a preset to the current bank, create a new bank, advance to the next or previous preset. And...
That's what I've been saying for ages :wink:
Fernando (FMR)

Return to “Instruments”