Chairs

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What chairs are you guys using for spending long hours at the desk ? The one I have is strong, as I am a big bloke, but not the most comfortable.

Standard chairs tend to get destroyed quickly, even if they are good for the posture etc, but this one has lasted ages (Touch wood)

But I need to protect my back a bit better, and the back supports etc are just not cutting it anymore.

So any suggestions for good chairs with good posture support is appreciated. Bare in mind i'm around 18 stone (114kg ish) so gotta be strongly made.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

This is the chair I've been using since June 2018:

No joke... I seriously need to upgrade. :scared:
Signatures are so early 2000s.

If you really are concerned with the health of your back, don’t sit in chairs :shrug:

Let's not be f**king about.

chair.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I am using this.

i also need to get a chair.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

Depends, I have 3 chairs in my room and I use each one based on what I’m playing. I have a piano bench, a guitar stool and a regular office chair.

Seriously tempted to upgrade to the model donks uses though...

donkey tugger wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:32 pm Let's not be f**king about.

chair.jpg
i notice the image is called "chair".
perhaps at some point in the distant past, but alas, no more.

i currently use a dining chair for computer and bar stools for synths.

need to replace the dining chair because its shit.

A fairly decent mesh-backed office style chair. Liked it so much i bought a second one for my 'main' PC desk
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

I got this some time ago: https://www.ikea.com/de/de/p/markus-dre ... -70261150/

Not super happy with it though... it's somehow not 100% fitted to the form of my back. I liked the one i had before better: https://www.ikea.com/de/de/p/millberget ... -90339412/ The fake leather melted away with the skin fat on the armrests though...

Chairs are like shoes.
One size does not fit all.

Like with monitors, headphones... personal preference of what is comfortable for hours is sooo important but varies wildly.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

Yep... totally agree.

vurt wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:39 pm i currently use a dining chair for computer and bar stools for synths.

need to replace the dining chair because its shit.
I’ll say!

what do you people do to these poor chairs? :o

had this chair 13 years this month, when I'm playing guitar I'm on the front half of the seat to the arms are not an issue...bought it at staples nov 2006
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”