ReFx Nexus 3 (N3) Finally here!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nexus

What's up with Xmas expansion, did they change the presets?
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

I have a backward compatibility issue . I have installed nexus 3 VST3 and removed the VST2 version. it doesn't seem to read the VSTpresets I saved on Cubase with Nexus 2. I had saved and tagged all 18,000+ presets from my EXP. Huge problem for me because I want to work on the VST3 version and not the VST2
www.synkrostudio.it, www. roundoround.com

spinettim wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:31 pm I have a backward compatibility issue . I have installed nexus 3 VST3 and removed the VST2 version. it doesn't seem to read the VSTpresets I saved on Cubase with Nexus 2. I had saved and tagged all 18,000+ presets from my EXP. Huge problem for me because I want to work on the VST3 version and not the VST2
This would never work. It is a totally different plugin. Even if you went from n2 vst2 to n3 vst2.

Many expansions had updates through refx cloud -> all now coming with the browser preview ability! nice to see! :)

Caine123 wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:13 pm so before upgrading i got some questions to you guys:

1. will my old projects load without problems and play everything unaltered?
They *should* but see below...
2. there are some nexus 2 user preset packs available, i dont know what they did if these are custom made or whatever, will these load as well?
No, they will sound like the init default sound - or at least I've found most will. refx does not support or condone the use of 3rd party presets and they consider them illegal. Although there is a complicated way to making these work (save/overwrite every preset in nexus 2, then they will work in Nexus 3 - for some reason this updates something in the preset - maybe they were originally made in Nexus 1 or something).
3. i got a lot of XPs, will these also be unaltered?
yes, they should all work as I have very many as well, and they have all updated perfectly, along with new preview noises.

commodore wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:31 pm
Caine123 wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:13 pm so before upgrading i got some questions to you guys:

1. will my old projects load without problems and play everything unaltered?
They *should* but see below...
2. there are some nexus 2 user preset packs available, i dont know what they did if these are custom made or whatever, will these load as well?
No, they will sound like the init default sound - or at least I've found most will. refx does not support or condone the use of 3rd party presets and they consider them illegal. Although there is a complicated way to making these work (save/overwrite every preset in nexus 2, then they will work in Nexus 3 - for some reason this updates something in the preset - maybe they were originally made in Nexus 1 or something).
3. i got a lot of XPs, will these also be unaltered?
yes, they should all work as I have very many as well, and they have all updated perfectly, along with new preview noises.
thx a lot for the reply, i dunno if i will upgradte atm as im not impressed for 99 bucks. still cumbersome to mute layer by layer etc. dont see many advantages so far.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

to mute layer by layer etc. dont see many advantages so far.
I noticed that too, I am sure this will be updated soon (rightclick = solo or something like that)

Never mind, it's fixed.
Last edited by X86 on Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Are all lock festures still intact? And also locking e.g. an arp sequence then changing the presets/sounds? This is awesome in omnisphere.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

noiseboyuk wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:43 pm The mystery continues - had 44 TV Movie Game presets on my MacBook Pro, which I installed a day or two after the main windows rig. Checked main rig, and it had all the presets you had, but they were just init patches under the hood in just the same way. Now re-installed everything on the main rig, but all the dodgy init patches are still there.

???
I know, I found that uninstalling an expansion only deletes the currently available presets in that expansion. When I uninstalled TV Movie Game it only deleted 44 presets and left 42 intact, which makes a total of 86, exactly the number of presets I had.

I ended up just deleting my whole Nexus content folder and let Refx Cloud download and install everything again. This took a while because it's 33GB, but now I no longer have non-working presets.

I'm quite sure now those presets got removed because of copyright reasons, because now I see presets like 'Crazy Axel', which sounds kinda similar like the Axel F theme, but not quite the same. The old TV Movie Game expansion did not have these dumbed-down presets, in fact the old Axel F preset was almost exactly like the original, it even stated the key of the song in its preset name.

I don't really mind about removed presets in that expansion, but I also lost 15 presets from the Hollywood expansion. What if I ever used one of those removed presets in a song?

Reefius wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:58 pm
noiseboyuk wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:43 pm The mystery continues - had 44 TV Movie Game presets on my MacBook Pro, which I installed a day or two after the main windows rig. Checked main rig, and it had all the presets you had, but they were just init patches under the hood in just the same way. Now re-installed everything on the main rig, but all the dodgy init patches are still there.

???
I know, I found that uninstalling an expansion only deletes the currently available presets in that expansion. When I uninstalled TV Movie Game it only deleted 44 presets and left 42 intact, which makes a total of 86, exactly the number of presets I had.

I ended up just deleting my whole Nexus content folder and let Refx Cloud download and install everything again. This took a while because it's 33GB, but now I no longer have non-working presets.

I'm quite sure now those presets got removed because of copyright reasons, because now I see presets like 'Crazy Axel', which sounds kinda similar like the Axel F theme, but not quite the same. The old TV Movie Game expansion did not have these dumbed-down presets, in fact the old Axel F preset was almost exactly like the original, it even stated the key of the song in its preset name.

I don't really mind about removed presets in that expansion, but I also lost 15 presets from the Hollywood expansion. What if I ever used one of those removed presets in a song?
Wtf? So when i used a preset if that pack and altered it i cannot load it anymore? Call this bs and fail..... i want to have n2 seperately installed then instead of overwritten.

msvs wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:49 pm
Maybe Manuel can confirm there are patches/presets being removed from expansions, such as TV, Movie, Game via the cloud updater?

I do notice that expansion is much smaller than other expansions, but wasn't paying attention to it.

It's even worse... Here are 2 screenshots:
Before (Presets that I had with Nexus 2):
Old.jpg
After deleting all content and redownloading:
New.jpg
Look at the different numbers for some of the expansions.

Refx, WTF is this??? :evil:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

What the hell?!!

Removing presets is worrying. It's taking away something we paid for, which is bad enough, but that's not the bigger thing - I'm now slightly alarmed that if they broke copyright these old presets, its something I could be liable for if used in a production (I do have the Core expansion). Highly unlikely unless there was a high profile placement, but the principle feels quite unsettling. What else might be lurking in Nexus expansions that we could get sued for?

We do need a statment on this, we're very much into dodgy legal territory here.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Reefius wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:09 pm It's even worse... Here are 2 screenshots:
Before (Presets that I had with Nexus 2):
Old.jpg
After deleting all content and redownloading:
New.jpg
Look at the different numbers for some of the expansions.
Refx, WTF is this??? :evil:
Reefius, would you be willing to send those screen shots to refx in a ticket? maybe they can answer quickly.

Return to “Instruments”