Izotope Ozone 9 advanced or IK T-Racks 5 MAX

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I currently have Izotope Ozone 8 Advanced but am not happy with the continuous $199 upgrade price each time a new version is released!! As a result I’m tempted to sell all my Izotope plugins and replace them with something else.

At the moment IK have a deal on for their T-Racks 5 Max bundle and I’m wondering how this compares for general mastering duties compared to Ozone 9 Advanced?

Whats wrong with Ozone 8 mastering duties that you want to exchange to tracks 5?

Is it maximiser bad? Equalizer broken? Introduces artiffacts?

Im using tracks 5 max for mastering and its just as good as ozone. Only thing it doesnt have that iteligent/smart thing like v9 has.

But if you are good at mixing you dont need any of that smart stuff.

Keep in mind, you dont need to have the latest version of Ozone to do the job well.

Who pays 199 upgrade for that?
They do sales as quick as others change their panties...
My last update for the complete Music Production Suite was 149$...
Including Nimbus and R4.
What a bargain.

Thanks for the replies guys. Yes true I don't "need" the latest version of Ozone but I'm not sure I want to continue giving my custom to a company who charges $199 per update!? At that price I'm unlikely to upgrade any of my Izotope products in the future! I don't think I can afford to stay with Izotope plugins.

I'm wondering if IK's upgrades are more reasonable for existing customers?

Has T-Racks 5 been updated? Sounds to me you are trying to abandon a functional product that is about the same age as T-Racks 5, in favor of T-Racks 5 because they haven't had an update so you are not made to feel like you are missing out. It's an odd line of thinking.

T-Racks has more total modules but Ozone has some very unique modules, and the key value of Ozone is in the assisted processes.

Also, as was mentioned, check periodically for sales on the Izotope stuff. And maybe skip a version if you don't feel the new features are attractive enough.

jochicago wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:26 pm Has T-Racks 5 been updated? Sounds to me you are trying to abandon a functional product that is about the same age as T-Racks 5, in favor of T-Racks 5 because they haven't had an update so you are not made to feel like you are missing out. It's an odd line of thinking.

T-Racks has more total modules but Ozone has some very unique modules, and the key value of Ozone is in the assisted processes.

Also, as was mentioned, check periodically for sales on the Izotope stuff. And maybe skip a version if you don't feel the new features are attractive enough.
I also got the same impression about the topic creator

I got Ozone9 and T-Racks 5 SE which only comes with about 9 modules. They're very different. Ozone is faster and way more versatile it can do everything you would need to do plus a bunch of stuff you never even knew was possible.

T-Racks may be more fun to work with in a way. I think it comes down to taste. If you like mixing and analog emulations then it's worth getting T Racks instead especially if Ozone doesn't fit your workflow or inspire you.

But if Ozone is working fine and you just want the best sounding music possible as fast and easy as possible just stick with Ozone even if it's 8.

With that said I honestly been using T Racks The One plugin more then Ozone i love the sound I get from it and it's perfect for quick demo masters that I wanna upload online for free.

dickiefunk wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:37 pm Thanks for the replies guys. Yes true I don't "need" the latest version of Ozone but I'm not sure I want to continue giving my custom to a company who charges $199 per update!? At that price I'm unlikely to upgrade any of my Izotope products in the future! I don't think I can afford to stay with Izotope plugins.

I'm wondering if IK's upgrades are more reasonable for existing customers?
Hello!
Nobody pays 199 bucks for upgrading iZotope Ozone.
You should really watch the market and stop talking this horror stories again and again.

Hi guys. I hadn’t realised that much better deals existed. Today I received and email from PluginBoutique saying I’m eligible for a cross grade deal to get Ozone 9 advanced, Neutron 3 advanced and Nectar 3 for £177! Now this is a great deal and I will definitely be picking this up.

dickiefunk wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:59 pm I currently have Izotope Ozone 8 Advanced but am not happy with the continuous $199 upgrade price each time a new version is released!! As a result I’m tempted to sell all my Izotope plugins and replace them with something else.
That's exactly one of the reasons why I probably won't bother even checking out any iZotope news in the future ever again. They seem to always try to milk their customers for more and more money.

+ They made persistent bugs and intentional extra CPU usage part of their marketing campaign it seems.. to seem like the newer version will be always better, more streamlined and faster.... I also was duped by iZotope to upgrade my 5 standard to 8 Advanced for a 'crazy low' price.... but v8 remains VERY buggy/crashy and slow! Probably the best 'last' version is 5... before they started all these 'next level' marketing shenanigans. anyway, I'm currently disappointed with them and stopped using Ozone, although I must admit that I'm still using the tone balance control module from time to time as it's very useful, looking for a replacement tho..

Ozone is overall a good software... what a shame..

Id say instead of aiming for an 'all-in-one' solution. Learn as much as possible about mastering and carefully select individual pieces, in the long run, I think it's best as you end up with the best of tools and most suited for you and your workflow.

dickiefunk wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:47 pm Hi guys. I hadn’t realised that much better deals existed. Today I received and email from PluginBoutique saying I’m eligible for a cross grade deal to get Ozone 9 advanced, Neutron 3 advanced and Nectar 3 for £177! Now this is a great deal and I will definitely be picking this up.
There will always be 'great' iZotope deals! ;) , don't worry about that!
At least one 'best' deal per year and for a particular product or way of always upgrading, the more iZotope products you own, the better for them ;)
Approach with caution tho...

Ok thanks. I’ve not experienced any bugs with Ozone 8 advanced, Nectar 2 and Neutron Elements?

The upgrade from Ozone Advanced 8 to 9 is already down to US$139 or so. I wouldn’t be surprised if it hits $100 during the coming year https://www.jrrshop.com/izotope-ozone-a ... r-advanced

^ let's say for a moment that you can always get an update/upgrade for $100 ... Ozone gets a major version every 2 years = $50 yearly 'subscription' in disguise for just 1 piece of software! ;) attaboy! :clap: .. not everybody will update for every single version, no problem for them... the updates are usually not $100 so they win more + they have many other products :D .. probably the most attractive price is their upgrade to bundles and they make that look sensational because they know... the user pays the price over and over again in the long run...

3ee wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:19 am ^ let's say for a moment that you can always get an update/upgrade for $100 ... Ozone gets a major version every 2 years = $50 yearly 'subscription' in disguise for just 1 piece of software! ;) attaboy! :clap: .. not everybody will update for every single version, no problem for them... the updates are usually not $100 so they win more + they have many other products :D .. probably the most attractive price is their upgrade to bundles and they make that look sensational because they know... the user pays the price over and over again in the long run...
That’s a good point!

Do IK charge for upgrades each time a new version of T-Racks gets released?

Return to “Effects”