Available now: Tone2 Icarus2.5 - Wavetable Workstation

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Icarus3

:scared: :o

time for..._________......again...........? :pray:

..... ... . .. .. . . . .. . .. . .. . . .. .. . .. . . . .. . .. . . . . ... . .. . .. . ... .. . .. . ... .. . .. . . ..
Last edited by tasty tatsyn on Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nice list ......
Markus Krause wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:46 pm ........

New features:

The interface has been re-designed completely. It is now more intuitive and efficient to use.
Icarus2 contains 566 new sounds. I does now come with 1600 hand-picked patches created by professionals
The GUI can be displayed with 12 different sizes
You can select from 3 different scales for the interface: Small, normal or huge
Added a random-button that generates new patches
MPE-support (Midi Polyphonic Expression)
Many additional realtime-animations for the interface
Arrows indicate modulation-sources which support drag-and-drop
Additional knobs for filter-panning

I've had several days with Icarus 2 now and I've got to say that in comparison to Icarus 1.6 it feels like a complete new synth to me.
The best money I have spend on a VST/Rack Extension ever.
It is so much fun to use. Easy and compared to many other synths equiped with an extremely intuitive and fast workflow.
At least in my opinion.
I love the way everything is animated (you can alomst see the sound ;)), the way the modulation is handled, that the sound keeps playing while changing waveforms, changing wavetables with the mousewheel, how easy i can save presets and import wavetables and of course that it is skinable.
And I love the sound quality.

Everytime I start Icarus I come up with a different soundscape.
I've never explored the possibilities of a synth as with this one before.
I always ended up having some sort of evolving Pad-Drone-thing runnig as background noise in my room for hours.
Thanks Tone2 for this true masterpiece of a synth! :love: :love: :love: :love:
Last edited by PhaseTransition on Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

MorpherX wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:30 pm
rj0 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:21 am Bought Icarus 1.6 on sale over BF/CM weekend.

Upgrade to Icarus 2.0 - $89.

Is the upgrade truly worth that much?

Thoughts?
Icarus 2 is CR (Callange Response) - Dongle Software and reqires Internet connection for activation !!!

The drawback for this drastically change is normally well known:

- Every time your OS crashes you have to activate it online again.
- Every time you change your OS or your hardware you have to activate it also online again.
- If that tone2 server is offline for any reason you are able to activate the product.
- If the company (like Linnplug) stops the business or further support you are also lost with your vsti.
- If the dev gets an heavy illness or dies your vsti is also lost

Beside this, tone2 has no where written in the manual or the support page that this Icarus 2 requires online-connection for activation.

I have not upgraded and don't do this as long as there is such a CR-dongle reqired.
Feature wise the main news are the two MSEGs and the 2 additional sequencers which I personally don't need and the new GUI design.

So, it depends on you what you want to risk, or to achive !!!
Many thanks! That's exactly what I was looking for. :tu:

The addition of MSEGs I see as a definite plus. The rest of the changes, less so. Having just purchased 1.6, I just can't justify the upgrade at $89, not at this time anyway.

Thanks again!

Markus thank you for your patience and communication. Is there any chance for a "Normalize Each Wave" Wavetable function? Currently I have to select almost each wave in a table to edit them manually to normalized level. Hope you are well!

rj0 wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:51 am Bought Icarus 1.6 on sale over BF/CM weekend...

The addition of MSEGs I see as a definite plus. The rest of the changes, less so. Having just purchased 1.6, I just can't justify the upgrade at $89, not at this time anyway.

Thanks again!
Isn't the upgrade free if you bought it during the grace period?

Is there any chance for a "Normalize Each Wave" Wavetable function? Currently I have to select almost each wave in a table to edit them manually to normalized level. Hope you are well!
Thanks. Since the release of Icarus2 was very smooth i finally got more time to relax again :-)

- Open the wavetable editor
- Click Mix->'maximize volume'. It boosts all waveforms with +3db without clipping.
- Click Mix->'maximize volume' again for boosting with +6dB
Bought Icarus 1.6 on sale over BF/CM weekend...
Having just purchased 1.6, I just can't justify the upgrade at $89
The upgrade price for the BF/CM sales is not $89. It is either $69 or completely for free. Send an email to markus[ at]tone2[do t]com. I will check out your order

Best Regards,
Markus

Markus you guys and others need more videos etc. Icarus2 is somehow not much marketed so far?

I cannot wait for the next update for randomization!
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Markus Krause wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:35 pm - Thomann is a reseller of Best Service products who are a reseller of Tone2 products. That's why after all fees and taxes only 20€ remain for us

- Customers who purchased Icarus1 through our own webshop (www.tone2.com) after April the 1st get the upgrade for free.

- Customers who purchased Icarus1 through a 3rd party reseller between April the 1st and November the 29th 16:00 get the upgrade for free.

- Customers who purchased Icarus1 through a 3rd party reseller after November the 30th 16:00 through a 3rd party reseller will be able to ugrade for the difference price.

- Icarus2 will not be distributed through a 3rd party reseller

- Icarus2 will be the final synthesizer that i will release, since i have health problems and it is not longer economic for us to develop new products. After this one there will be only free updates and soundsets
This seems to be fair, how do I claim the upgrade from the 3rd bullet point?

Also, I’ve read about your health issues, may health and wealth fill your days in 2020.

You are right with this. We spend nearly no money in advertising.
We should do more marketing and videos.

Currently there is only this video is available:
https://www.tone2.com/video/Tone2_Icaru ... _VBR60.mp4

I will do a further video when i got more time again
Last edited by Markus Krause on Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

This seems to be fair, how do I claim the upgrade from the 3rd bullet point?
We sent out the free upgrade on December the 5th. You should have received an email with a key and download links. If you did not receive it check your spam-filter. Otherwise contact me markus[a t]tone2[do t].com then i will resend your email.

Best Regards,
Markus

MorpherX wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:56 pm This has nothing to do with being paranoid, these are results from long years experiences with software and any kind of dongles.
thanks for clearing that up... and not reading markus's response (or anyone else's for that matter). :dog:

it's ok to believe what you want, but to keep hammering at it, despite the evidence to the contrary, is not paranoid... but certainly not reasonable. maybe time to let it go? let this thread get back on track...

Please keep in mind that you can actually move a whole macos system to another drive without reinstalling, so harddrive id might change, but all software related ids not at all. I myself do a 1:1 bootable backup regularly, simply because it is saves a lot of time after a harddrive failure.

You can also check mac EFI smbios parameters instead the harddrive id on macos, which might be a better idea, because it then better reflects the license conditions, e.g. the unique device serial number (not all of these are always available, but I think at least the serial number, board id and the product name are always available, and you can't even switch it easily on hackintosh, because then a lot of stuff will break):
https://mackie100projects.altervista.or ... shot11.png

Hanz Meyzer wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:58 pm Please keep in mind that you can actually move a whole macos system to another drive without reinstalling, so harddrive id might change, but all software related ids not at all. I myself do a 1:1 bootable backup regularly, simply because it is saves a lot of time after a harddrive failure.
Doesn't work depending on the SW.

Waves, SoundToys, NI, multiple failed that approach when my HD dies but my clone didn't solve all.

Having some issues with the arpeggiator, it´s always running even if the daw (Bitwig 3.1) is on stop.
Is there anyway to sync the start/stop of the arpeggiator with the start/stop of the daw?

Return to “Instruments”