ReFx Nexus 3 (N3) Finally here!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nexus

kiakvr wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:09 pm Hi!

According to the FAQ, Nexus 3 can be activated on two different computers:
2.4 How many computers can I use NEXUS3 on?
NEXUS3 can be activated on two of your computers at any time, so you can easily work on your desktop and laptop computers.

I would buy and share a licence with someone, together. Anybody interested? Half price is nice :)
Hello to KVR! Spot the clue in the quoted text to see why that violates the EULA.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

noiseboyuk wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:14 pm
kiakvr wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:09 pm Hi!

According to the FAQ, Nexus 3 can be activated on two different computers:
2.4 How many computers can I use NEXUS3 on?
NEXUS3 can be activated on two of your computers at any time, so you can easily work on your desktop and laptop computers.

I would buy and share a licence with someone, together. Anybody interested? Half price is nice :)
Hello to KVR! Spot the clue in the quoted text to see why that violates the EULA.
You left out the second clue :)

First time poster...hmmmm
rsp
sound sculptist

One license is for one user's use only. Most music software are like that.
rsp
sound sculptist

Does anyone know what the transfer fee is for Nexus 3?

simmo75 wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:38 pm Does anyone know what the transfer fee is for Nexus 3?
$25

Thanks LoveEnigma18.

Is it NKS yet?

simmo75 wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:52 am Thanks LoveEnigma18.

Is it NKS yet?
Nope.

After you upgraded to N3, if you buy new expansions and download through the cloud, will you still also get a new masterkeyfile downloaded? So that you can backup your expansions and their necessary masterkeyfile, and have the possibilty to go back to N2 in the future (for whatever reason)?

I have in mind that N3 will forever be dependent on internet connection to reFX servers.

I'm still on N2, I had a couple of uninstalled free libs that I downloaded through the new cloud and noticed the masterkeyfile got updated automatically.

But after you upgrade to N3, will you still get a new visible masterkeyfile downloaded with new expansions (that you can backup with your Nexus expansion library)? Or will that be handled in another way after the upgrade to N3?

starsprinkler wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:11 pm After you upgraded to N3, if you buy new expansions and download through the cloud, will you still also get a new masterkeyfile downloaded? So that you can backup your expansions and their necessary masterkeyfile, and have the possibilty to go back to N2 in the future (for whatever reason)?

I have in mind that N3 will forever be dependent on internet connection to reFX servers.

I'm still on N2, I had a couple of uninstalled free libs that I downloaded through the new cloud and noticed the masterkeyfile got updated automatically.

But after you upgrade to N3, will you still get a new visible masterkeyfile downloaded with new expansions (that you can backup with your Nexus expansion library)? Or will that be handled in another way after the upgrade to N3?
Nope.

m-ac wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:14 pm Nope.
So no new masterkeyfile, and no possibility to ever go back to N2 if needed after upgrading to N3, right? And you are sure about this?

At least for new expansions then. You can downgrade with a backup for your old expansions, but not with any new ones. So if you want downgrade possibility it's better to buy any expansion you have in mind before you upgrade to N3 then. Correct?

starsprinkler wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:33 pm
m-ac wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:14 pm Nope.
So no new masterkeyfile, and no possibility to ever go back to N2 if needed after upgrading to N3, right? And you are sure about this?

At least for new expansions then. You can downgrade with a backup for your old expansions, but not with any new ones. So if you want downgrade possibility it's better to buy any expansion you have in mind before you upgrade to N3 then. Correct?
You cannot download your expansions or the the masterkeyfile anymore. They instead advise you to use the refx cloud, even for v2 users. The old system is gone unless you've backed it up yourself.

Gregorius wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:55 pm You cannot download your expansions or the the masterkeyfile anymore. They instead advise you to use the refx cloud, even for v2 users. The old system is gone unless you've backed it up yourself.
Maybe there's no more masterkeyfile for N3. It still exists for N2 though, because my N2 masterkeyfile updated automatically when I downloaded a free expansion from the cloud.
Yes, I have backed up the old N2 installation files and my old expansion files + keyfile.

Yeah, I noticed that the cloud doesn't download the expansion files as before, but installs it directly. I was thinking that maybe it's possible to instead backup the entire installed Nexus-content together with the N2 keyfile (just zip everything together), but I don't know if that will work or not.
If it works it could be better to buy any new expansions before upgrading, to include them too. But maybe that doesn't work, I don't know.

Does anyone know a way of discovering what version of Nexus 3 is installed from the GUI? And the only way so far that I have found of getting the d/l of the latest version is to check into your refFX account via the web; even though top right corner there is a drop down that says "check for updates" it doesn't seem to work for me.
Music is the food of the soul!

Paul881 wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:28 pm Does anyone know a way of discovering what version of Nexus 3 is installed from the GUI? And the only way so far that I have found of getting the d/l of the latest version is to check into your refFX account via the web; even though top right corner there is a drop down that says "check for updates" it doesn't seem to work for me.
Just look at the „system“ tab at the left bottom.

Great, thank you! Hidden in plain sight.....doh!!!
Music is the food of the soul!

Return to “Instruments”