Genesis Pro

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Genesis Pro The Sound Experience

clipnotic wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:21 pm
GRUMP wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:59 pm
But calling it IDM is even worse than saying "future". IDM Sounds like I-Metal to me *LOL*

Anyway... everything goes somehow. But all those Beatnicks shouldn´t forget that they loose more and more Listeners every Day. E/IDM? That was 25 Years ago. The Sound of Frankfurt. What came afterwards didnt match my Demands ;-)

Any Demos available?
For me, IDM is glitch stuff like Aphex Twin, if I'm wrong ... I'm old! :D

I just present music if it's really finish, some VST developers should do the same, too! :wink: :D

And really sorry for Off Topic, I just answer questions!

And Genesis Pro is very interesting and regardless of whether it's 32 bit and SynthEdit, I'll give it a chance because the developer worked 8 years on it and give that work away for just 1 Euro / Dollar! :tu:
Aphex Twin - wasn't that this Window Licker? Long ago - but I wonder why he gets mentioned in a Synth Thread. My Brain has stored him under creatively sampling Ambient Dinosaur 🤔

But anyway ... my Nerves wouldn't stand one more Synth, not even if I downgraded to 32Bit.

He should definitely have a big big red Warning sign on his Webshops Page. Otherwise He might produce a really really dirty Shitstorm. Who would think today that a new VST is 32 Bit?

GRUMP wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:14 pm
Aphex Twin - wasn't that this Window Licker? Long ago - but I wonder why he gets mentioned in a Synth Thread. My Brain has stored him under creatively sampling Ambient Dinosaur 🤔

But anyway ... my Nerves wouldn't stand one more Synth, not even if I downgraded to 32Bit.

He should definitely have a big big red Warning sign on his Webshops Page. Otherwise He might produce a really really dirty Shitstorm. Who would think today that a new VST is 32 Bit?
Windowlicker was a boring track of him :D

I don't understand that 32 Bit problem, my DAW can handle both without problems and there are older plugins I'm still using. It's rather ridiculous that some "Hipster DAWs" banned 32 Bit completely and that's not the developers fault here. And I prefer a stable 32 Bit VST more than a 64 Bit buggy version! :wink:

clipnotic wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:28 pm
GRUMP wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:14 pm

Windowlicker was a boring track of him :D

I don't understand that 32 Bit problem, my DAW can handle both without problems and there are older plugins I'm still using. It's rather ridiculous that some "Hipster DAWs" banned 32 Bit completely and that's not the developers fault here. And I prefer a stable 32 Bit VST more than a 64 Bit buggy version! :wink:
I don´t really know, everything is 64 here - but I´d expect that you might get in Trouble with 64Bit Plugins with it? MPC Software for Example can´t handle 32Bit anymore. Is that a "Hipster Plugin"? Can´t imagine sampling without it ;-)

Me personally I can understand every Company very well that saves some Budget on Backwards Compatibility... only the strongest survive :/

But what we should not forget: People make E-Music all around the World and I´m quiet sure that he´ll find lots of Customers who don´t have a modern PC and can´t pay U-He´s or Spectrasonics Prices. They will be glad that s. o. delivers so much "Power for the Masses" :clap:

dune_rave wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:55 am anyway, i've just visited oz-soft.com but there was no option to register..
The link went up three days ago but it looks like it got slammed. I was able to register today and verify the email address. So for $1 and basic contact info you'll get Genesis on March 12 according to the site.

https://genesispro.oz-soft.com/

Again not a word about 32 bit and Windows only on this registration page. I wonder if it will be mentioned once the plugin is released, but I'm afraid it won't. Looks like a shady way of doing business, omitting important information like compatibility on purpose.
Not everyone reads KVR, many people are still excited about this synth without knowing they can never use it in their DAW.

Reefius wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:29 pm many people are still excited about this synth without knowing they can never use it in their DAW.
not strictly true, many host have a built in bridge, and there are 3rd party bridges too. There was also a rumour of GP being wrapped in a bridge.

i agree tho, it should be made very clear on the site for all too see before purchase (regardless of only being €1)

Reefius wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:29 pm Again not a word about 32 bit and Windows only on this registration page. I wonder if it will be mentioned once the plugin is released, but I'm afraid it won't. Looks like a shady way of doing business, omitting important information like compatibility on purpose.
Not everyone reads KVR, many people are still excited about this synth without knowing they can never use it in their DAW.
The usual rule is, when the developer don't write anything about 32-bit only, it's 32-bit only :)
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

Can I make Retro Tech Step Atmospheric Bass House with this?
There are two kinds of people in the world. Those which can finish a tune, and those which has 300 two-bar loops.

TheMaestro wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:28 pm Can I make Retro Tech Step Atmospheric Bass House with this?
Yes. Also high tempo lofi chill version.

Reefius wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:29 pm Again not a word about 32 bit and Windows only on this registration page. I wonder if it will be mentioned once the plugin is released, but I'm afraid it won't. Looks like a shady way of doing business, omitting important information like compatibility on purpose.
This is my feeling too.
Always Read the Manual!

I hope they make a refound if the plugin works incorrectly with jbridge.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

DJErmac wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:26 pm I hope they make a refound if the plugin works incorrectly with jbridge.
Sure, but they will deduct one euro service fee.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

recursive one wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:39 pm
DJErmac wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:26 pm I hope they make a refound if the plugin works incorrectly with jbridge.
Sure, but they will deduct one euro service fee.
Mmmm seems fair to me. :shrug:
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

ravasb wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:24 pm KVR is the only place that a dev has a chance to really generate a lot of free advertising.
That is the most wrong statement i have ever heard. People on Forums are
the LEAST potential Customers in any Industry. I developers waited on KVR
they would now all be homeless. I have DATA to back what i just said. I was
a developer for about 12 years, i was active on 2 forums, i had over 5k
people customer base, not even 1% of them was people from forums, i mean
people who actually talk. It was usually people i never heard about, they
simply said, we found it online or on a forum but...not active members.
My point is, active members are usually that, active member on KVR, nothing else.
Reality is a Condition due to Lack of Weed!

BasariStudios wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:58 am
ravasb wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:24 pm KVR is the only place that a dev has a chance to really generate a lot of free advertising.
That is the most wrong statement i have ever heard. People on Forums are
the LEAST potential Customers in any Industry. I developers waited on KVR
they would now all be homeless. I have DATA to back what i just said. I was
a developer for about 12 years, i was active on 2 forums, i had over 5k
people customer base, not even 1% of them was people from forums, i mean
people who actually talk. It was usually people i never heard about, they
simply said, we found it online or on a forum but...not active members.
My point is, active members are usually that, active member on KVR, nothing else.
Very true! Active forums members are not representative of the customer base.

Return to “Instruments”