Studio One 3.5 Released.

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Professional

Transform to audio not working again.
Old projects overloading CPU while task manager CPU use is low. These previously worked OK.
Untitled.png
Time to spend more time with the super efficient Reaper demo, I'm jumping ship.
Last edited by The Noodlist on Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

It's not really fair comparing single CPU performance what you see in S1 3.5 compared to what? 8 core CPU in Windows...

There's lots of multicore performance improvements in S1 4+

Blaster wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:21 pm It's not really fair comparing single CPU performance what you see in S1 3.5 compared to what? 8 core CPU in Windows...

Single CPU performance? Care to elaborate?
Surely S1 uses multiple cores, yes it's a 8 core CPU.

These projects opened until recently, I'm going to refresh Windows and remove everything.
Still inefficient compared to Reaper, especially for Acustica's and CM freebies.

The Noodlist wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:46 pm Transform to audio not working again.
Old projects overloading CPU while task manager CPU use is low. These the previously worked OK.Untitled.png
Have you tried using Minimum as dropout protection setting instead of High?

daw.one wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:05 pm
The Noodlist wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:46 pm Transform to audio not working again.
Old projects overloading CPU while task manager CPU use is low. These the previously worked OK.Untitled.png
Have you tried using Minimum as dropout protection setting instead of High?
I went back to a backup after refresh and reset gave me the BSOD "critical process died"

The Noodlist wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:10 pm I went back to a backup after refresh and reset gave me the BSOD "critical process died"
Studio One will not BSOD your computer... (unless of course you've overclocked it to the point of being beyond stable.)

BSODs appear when Microsoft Windows encounters a ‘STOP Error.’ A STOP Error causes Windows to crash, meaning there is nothing your computer can do except restart itself. A STOP Error is usually caused by one of the two following issues:

Faulty hardware. That is, the hardware inside your computer is unable to function properly.
Faulty hardware driver software. Regular apps and programs can’t cause BSODs. When they crash, they don’t usually take the operating system out, too. Instead, a BSOD could be a result of low-level software running in the Windows kernel crashing.

If your PC’s operating system crashes, there is a chance of data loss as programs won’t have the opportunity to save and shutdown properly. However, when a BSOD occurs, Windows automatically creates a ‘minidump’ file that saves information about the crash to your disk. You can use the information to determine the cause of the BSOD and prevent it from happening again in the future.

Malware and nasty computer viruses dig deep into Windows and can cause instability, resulting in regular BSODs. Use a quality anti-virus software to scan for infections.

Install up-to-date drivers as a buggy or incorrectly installed driver can cause your computer to crash.

Head to the manufacturer of your computer hardware component’s website and download and install the most up-to-date driver.

Try System Restore which will restore software on your computer back to a previous state. If this stops your PC blue-screening, you’ll know the issue was caused by software.

Faulty hardware is one of the most common causes of BSODs.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

The Noodlist wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:15 pm
Blaster wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:21 pm It's not really fair comparing single CPU performance what you see in S1 3.5 compared to what? 8 core CPU in Windows...

Single CPU performance? Care to elaborate?
Surely S1 uses multiple cores, yes it's a 8 core CPU.

These projects opened until recently, I'm going to refresh Windows and remove everything.
Still inefficient compared to Reaper, especially for Acustica's and CM freebies.
The CPU meter in Studio One and the Windows task manager do not measure the same thing. To simplify, the CPU meter in SO basically shows the state of the most heavily loaded core, because that's what matters for DSP performance. The Windows task manager shows the load of all cores combined. On an 8-thread CPU, 100% usage on a single core translates to ~13% in the task manager. It's more complicated than that, but basically if you have a lot of heavy plugins in series, single-core performance matters more than the number of cores. You can also expand the list in Studio One to see which plugin is actually causing problems.

Studio One 3.5 introduced some CPU performance improvements, but there were further improvements in 4.0 and especially 4.5. Also, make sure you disable any CPU power saving/throttling features, those can really kill DSP performance.

THE INTRANCER wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:04 am Studio One will not BSOD your computer... (unless of course you've overclocked it to the point of being beyond stable.)

BSODs appear when Microsoft Windows encounters a ‘STOP Error.’ A STOP Error causes Windows to crash, meaning there is nothing your computer can do except restart itself. A STOP Error is usually caused by one of the two following issues:

Faulty hardware. That is, the hardware inside your computer is unable to function properly.
Faulty hardware driver software. Regular apps and programs can’t cause BSODs. When they crash, they don’t usually take the operating system out, too. Instead, a BSOD could be a result of low-level software running in the Windows kernel crashing.
Turned out to be a faulty USB mouse.

Transform to audio not working in S1 3 Pro.
It works in S1 2 Pro and S1 5 Artist. Any ideas on a fix? I don't want upgrade to S1 5 pro, I would rather move to Reaper.
Transform to Audio.gif
Ampire XT > Ampire (third-generation) compatibility: The “Ampire XT Classics” legacy extension isn’tcompatible with Studio One 5. If you have been using any of the legacy amps in songs you are stillworking on, you have three options:
a)Finish the song in your previous version of Studio One.
b)Bounce tracks using Ampire XT Classics to audio before opening the song in Studio One 5.
c)Open the song in Studio One 5 and replace Ampire XT Classics amps with any of the newState Space Modeling amps
Export stems is a work around. Select import into session.

The Noodlist wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:37 pm Transform to audio not working in S1 3 Pro.
It works in S1 2 Pro and S1 5 Artist. Any ideas on a fix? I don't want upgrade to S1 5 pro, I would rather move to Reaper.

Export stems is a work around. Select import into session.
All the releases for the version you own from 3.0 to the last release before that of 4.0 are available to you in your presonus account. The problem you highlight, did get fixed by the last version of 3.56... which if my memory serves me right was the last version before 4.0.

https://my.presonus.com/products/detail/
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

THE INTRANCER wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:29 am All the releases for the version you own from 3.0 to the last release before that of 4.0 are available to you in your presonus account. The problem you highlight, did get fixed by the last version of 3.56... which if my memory serves me right was the last version before 4.0.

https://my.presonus.com/products/detail/
Thanks. I'm using the last release 3.5.6.46910.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”