Is ABLETON the best daw for audio manipluation?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

One thing I really do like about Ableton is the Pitch automation. You can't do that in S1, or Logic (I believe) without some plugins. Not that big a deal but still nice to have it natively in the DAW.
Studio One // Bitwig // Logic Pro X // Ableton 11 // Reason 11 // FLStudio // MPC // Force // Maschine

I prefer Live for working with audio definitely...

vurt wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:23 pm i did think about trying bitwig, but didnt get around to it :shrug:
Really? You must. You can modulate anything with anything in Bitwig. You can modulate a Missy Eliot track with an alternator from a 1976 Bicentennial Edition Chevy Vega; you can modulate our planet with a Barbara Streisand vibrato; you can modulate Regis with Kathy Lee. YMMV.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Dirtgrain wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:28 pm
vurt wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:23 pm i did think about trying bitwig, but didnt get around to it :shrug:
Really? You must. You can modulate anything with anything in Bitwig. You can modulate a Missy Eliot track with an alternator from a 1976 Bicentennial Edition Chevy Vega; you can modulate our planet with a Barbara Streisand vibrato; you can modulate Regis with Kathy Lee. YMMV.
that sounds like it could be fun :)
thanks for the information!

but what about reaper?
have you tried reaper?

vurt wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:32 pm but what about reaper?
have you tried reaper?
Is it better than Renoise?
There are two kinds of people in the world. Those which can finish a tune, and those which has 300 two-bar loops.

TheMaestro wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:50 pm
vurt wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:32 pm but what about reaper?
have you tried reaper?
Is it better than Renoise?
in my eyes they are equal, having tried neither.

Trancit wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:14 pm
tooneba wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:14 pm Imagine you have 10 different snippets for 5 segments of the song. You have to scroll 40 tracks up and down when you re-use snippets (No.10) with (No.50).
1. who´s telling you that you don´t want to reuse many of the fx you´ve got already
1b. Please don´t tell me it would me more a pleasure to search in all this snippets horizontally for the one you want to treat...
2. Did I say grouping of tracks??? I am pretty sure I did say something about grouping...
3. Do you heard already something about commiting to decisions??? Who on earth would let all this online all the time...
You work on a segment of the song and render this changes out... disable the tracks, hide them and there´s just 1 audio file on one track left...

Sorry but you wrote complete unrealistic stuff... if you work this way you should really try to streamline a lot of stuff... it heps with many headaches... :hug:
The question is, why would you have to print all audio snippets to another track just to tuck original tracks in a hidden place when you are using that tool for maximizing “audio manipulation” potential. It’s compromised workaround because you don’t need to do this in others daws that are having clip FX or channel rack.

Bitwig, Reaper and Samplitude are also cool, though I have not upgraded Samplitude or Bitwig since the last version or two. I still prefer Live, but I also like Studio One 4 for recording.

I use Reaper for audio file manipulation. Shift+W to add a stretch marker on the audio clip. Also I can have different effects per clip instead of copying the audio file to new channel when I want a clip to have a different effect. The spectral peaks display on audio files is really handy.

Dirtgrain wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:28 pm
And don't forget, you can do all that at audio rate! :o :hyper:
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

This thread doesn't have enough Reaper. Come on guys.
Studio One // Bitwig // Logic Pro X // Ableton 11 // Reason 11 // FLStudio // MPC // Force // Maschine

Ableton isn't even the best drummer in the Beatles.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

Paul is dead!

Thx a Lot guys I need to demo or get the intro of ableton!

Reaper seems very awesome and I invested some time with it. But no one can deny how user unfriendly for starters it is. I see their focus is not on shiny colourful ui but come on. Is it so hard to make it more beginners friendly to get fun to use it?
When I loaded reaper with many plugins it was maybe the best cpu saver I used so far. It is very cheap and u got crazy customizations. I just lost interest in it so far cause I didn't want to study it but make music.

Every daw has a learning curve I know
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”