FL Studio 20.7

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is it possible to create own animations with (or for) Visualizer, or can you only use the built-in templates?
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

Haven’t tried it yet but IL claims that it will open even faster than 20.
Hope they also managed to get it less demanding on the CPU.

robotmonkey wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 6:33 am Another release without any kind of significant improvements.
Complete Malarkey.
Every release has brought meaningful improvements.

Also just for what its worth,
For those who haven’t tried it. Literally keep FL studio installed on My Mac for that video visualizer. Even as (as of this moment) I don't use it for DAW work like I used to. It’s so much more powerful then anyone gives it credit for. You can mangle and add some sick effects that go far beyond the preset 3D animations that account for just a tiny part of that program. All the effects have tons of parameters you can interact and automate with to give your visualization a unique edge. And most importantly, it’ takes like 4 minutes to render a 3 minute song into HD video, all while contributing significantly lower CPU usage then everything on the market.
It’s a fantastic program.
The post above this is likely bait, viewer discretion is advised.

Kongru wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 9:22 am
tooneba wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 9:18 am
Kongru wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 7:54 am Video visualizer, seriously?
I don't know much about visualizer features but one of the software costs $165. People buy these things. So it looks there are actual demanding in the market.
Seems like a waste of developer time to me considering the numerous workflow issues. FL is the epitome of feature creep.
The inevitability incoming user-made FL Studio YouTube videos will be marketing gold for them...
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Spencer Maddox wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 4:42 pm Literally keep FL studio installed on My Mac for that video visualizer. Even as (as of this moment) I don't use it for DAW work like I used to.
No crashing on your Mac? I couldn’t even play through all the demo projects without it crashing on me.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Jace-BeOS wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 4:46 pm
Spencer Maddox wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 4:42 pm Literally keep FL studio installed on My Mac for that video visualizer. Even as (as of this moment) I don't use it for DAW work like I used to.
No crashing on your Mac? I couldn’t even play through all the demo projects without it crashing on me.
Not yet. It never crashes when I’m using the editor. Usually just because it’s the Vgame plugin and a WAV wave file of a completed song from Live :hihi:
When I do compose in FL recently There is a weird bug with the program on Mac. Some latency glitch happens whenever I add a plugin. Like I’ll drop in Serum or massive and suddenly it’s playing what’s on the screen like 1 second after the timebar passes it. Makes automation impossible.

It’s gotten better however. It was honestly unusable when 20 first came out..
The post above this is likely bait, viewer discretion is advised.

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 16, 2023 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vortifex wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 5:09 pm
Jace-BeOS wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 4:44 pm
Kongru wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 9:22 am
tooneba wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 9:18 am I don't know much about visualizer features but one of the software costs $165. People buy these things. So it looks there are actual demanding in the market.
Seems like a waste of developer time to me considering the numerous workflow issues. FL is the epitome of feature creep.
The inevitability incoming user-made FL Studio YouTube videos will be marketing gold for them...
I thought the vizualizer stuff was pretty cool.
I’m not dissing it. I personally find the visual design in FL Studio to be tasteful and fun, and I’m a fan of silly shit like the beat-synchronized graphics in the about box and the dancing character plugin.

Still, it’s eye candy that’s useful for marketing the product on platforms like YouTube, and they know as much. That’s why it gets development resources.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

MIDI scripting looks like a great new addition - Especially if it can solve all of the issues FL Studio has had with outboard gear.

Automation DC is a great step forward. I really hope Image-Line were able to look at efficiency here and improve the system.

I never got 'round to checking out the 20.6 update but I'll likely grab this purely for the automation sync.

I'd buy it just for the visualiser, as inspiration :-D, even if I didn't really use it as DAW. It would make a change from using Winamp's old visualiser from exported songs created in Studio One. Back in 1997 to 2000, creating visualisations with Music / Music 2000, was certainly fun and actually increased the regularity in which I went back to listen the music I had created with it. It was certainly more entertaining for family members and friends that came round to drag me out the house to go clubbing on Friday or Saturday night to see something visually I had created to match the music instead of just listening to something, they may or may not like.

For me, once a track is produced, I rarely ever open up the finished song in S1, if it had something interesting I could then do with it afterwards then I might otherwise have the incentive to do so. I know Presonus wouldn't even know where to start in integrating a visualiser thing as Imageline would, so wouldn't expect them to ever go down that road. Here I made a request on answers for better video support / editing in S1 which has a good number of votes for an area beyond most users needs but still I would applaud Imageline for targetting their user base desires and going places where other DAWs still haven't got off the starting line. Maybe Imageline could release it as an addon for other DAWs should that be possible, but obviously it would be preferable if DAW developers integrated their own visualisation system natively, because it would be far better in cohesive development in optimisation, GUI design changes etc.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

Unaspected wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 6:18 pm I really hope Image-Line were able to look at efficiency here and improve the system
If you mean by performance improvements, FL has improved significantly since around v20.5 or so. Some of my projects CPU usaged dropped 30-60%

the-machine wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 7:44 pm
Unaspected wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 6:18 pm I really hope Image-Line were able to look at efficiency here and improve the system
If you mean by performance improvements, FL has improved significantly since around v20.5 or so. Some of my projects CPU usaged dropped 30-60%
Indeed, I enjoyed the recent performance boost of FL 20.

I mean the CPU load for automation. It can rocket up fast using plugins that are otherwise very efficient during a mix. I have yet to A/B vst 2 with 3 to see if there's an issue there, as I suspect - not with vst 3 itself but FL Studio's handling of such plugins.

Perfomance wise is FL excellent.. at least here.. :hihi:
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

Unaspected wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 8:26 pm
the-machine wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 7:44 pm
Indeed, I enjoyed the recent performance boost of FL 20.

I mean the CPU load for automation. It can rocket up fast using plugins that are otherwise very efficient during a mix. I have yet to A/B vst 2 with 3 to see if there's an issue there, as I suspect - not with vst 3 itself but FL Studio's handling of such plugins.
What's the deal? I've never heard of VST2 vs VST3 for CPU performance - I always just assumed they were identical.

aMUSEd wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 8:28 am Are Harmor and Sytrus actually usable on Mac yet?
Actually I wonder if the FL Editions do now that FL itself is working on Mac? I presume my licenses would still be valid for those?

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”