Rebooting windows to be able to re-activate my audio interface

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

If my main Audio/IF (ASIO UX2/Line6) hangs up, I can usually connect the second interface (ASIO/Audioengine) and work with than until a convenient reboot opportunity presents itself.

I tried everything suggested in this thread, nothing helps. The ASIO drivers cannot be re-activated. The only way to avoid rebooting the OS is to:

1. removing the Yamaha Steinberg USB drivers
2. re-installing them.

Definitely a bug in their drivers and a reason to change the interface. The latest update is from january 2019.

maybe reinstalling ASIO drivers will help?

I'm using two different interfaces - MOTU PCI and a much older VS100.
I actually have to move the Steinberg driver to the desktop so it won't demand itself as the default driver. (I have to move it back during updates though.) However, there are some plugins which will intermittently still crash those drivers and require a reboot. And at least one plugin demands using the Windows in the standalone, even though the companies support can't figure out why on my Win10 system. (Runs as expected on Win7).
So I'm not sure it can be blamed on just one thing.
But actually, the MOTU PCI is very stable. Steinberg is the cause of most conflicts since it regularly tries to override what default driver I've set. That's why I keep it on the desktop where it can't be found until I want it to be.
Last edited by BBFG# on Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spend some money on a decent device and youll never have to worry again, seriously.
Ive had the same RME multiface for nearly 20 years now.
Amazon: why not use an alternative

VariKusBrainZ wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:56 pm Spend some money on a decent device and youll never have to worry again, seriously.
Ive had the same RME multiface for nearly 20 years now.
+1

Yes, I know, you are so right..

I have also the same Problem wit my Roland Octa-Capture . The thing is if you get a crash, with Studio 1 or Cubase 10 (Wich both i have) then i have to re-start Windows.
For a Solution not to Re-Start always windows i have Downloaded the Voicemeeter and from in there i choosed the Asio of Roland and use it that way in the Cubase and S1.
even if Cubase or S1 crashes, then i dont need to Re-start. just open the DAW again and it works.

But i definetily will jump to RME Cards. little more saving of money :)

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”