I heard that DUNE 3 is big in Swahili Swing :wink:
Sorry - I don't use auto-tune....

LoveEnigma18
KVRAF
2435 posts since 12 Jan, 2018

Post Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:38 pm

GRUMP wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:06 pm
You´re hopefully not looking for Korg/Roland/Spectrasonics Stuff?
Definitely not looking for that kind (emulation or rompler) of stuff. When I say presets, I mean sounds ranging from pads to bells to synth leads and basses, etc.

I do have Korg Wavestation by the way.
Never imagined we would get to play with toys in adulthood. :)

BONES
GRRRRRRR!
10136 posts since 14 Jun, 2001 from Somewhere else, on principle

Post Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:28 pm

pierb wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:51 am
Anyone tried doing FM using the mod matrix (not the FM oscillators) in Dune 3?
Why would anyone when the FM oscillators are there and ready to use? Which is me asking you why you want to do it (in case that wasn't clear).
Teksonik wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:40 am
I wonder if the limitation is not up to Windows file system then rather than how D3 handles it ?
I think it is a matter of how it is programmed. In Orion, for example, if I right-click over the background and select VST Effects, I get multiple columns but if I right-click in an Insert or Send slot in the mixer, I get a single column that I have to scroll.
GRUMP wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:56 pm
Its Core-Engine is the Wavetable
That's an interesting thought because I use DUNE in just about every song and I have not so much as looked at the wavetable stuff. For me, DUNE's "core engine" is the standard V/A oscillators. They are the only thing I ever use in DUNE. The other stuff just gets in my way, which is why using DUNE annoys the hell out of me. I sometimes wish I still had my DUNE 1 installer.
Last edited by BONES on Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NOVAkILL 4.0 : Dell G7 (Core i7, 32GB RAM, RTX2060, Win10), UR44C | Cubase | DUNE, Thorn, TRK-01, Union, bx_oberhausen, Vacuum Pro, Arcsyn, Phase Plant, Mono/Fury, Pigments, Aparillo | Uno, Analog Keys, Ultranova.

the.new.me
KVRist
30 posts since 13 Jul, 2020

Post Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:44 pm

BONES wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:28 pm
pierb wrote:
Why would anyone when the FM oscillators are there and ready to use? Which is me asking you why you want to do it (in case that wasn't clear).
To achieve different type of sounds obviously

Noise FM to Osc
Wavetable FM to Osc
Wavetable FM to Wavetable

It works very well, I often noise FM to Osc to my main sounds.

BONES
GRRRRRRR!
10136 posts since 14 Jun, 2001 from Somewhere else, on principle

Post Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:31 pm

the.new.me wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:44 pm
To achieve different type of sounds obviously.
Not in any way obvious given that the person asking the question never said he had tried to do what he wanted to do using the FM oscillators.
NOVAkILL 4.0 : Dell G7 (Core i7, 32GB RAM, RTX2060, Win10), UR44C | Cubase | DUNE, Thorn, TRK-01, Union, bx_oberhausen, Vacuum Pro, Arcsyn, Phase Plant, Mono/Fury, Pigments, Aparillo | Uno, Analog Keys, Ultranova.

the.new.me
KVRist

Post Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:14 am

BONES wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:31 pm
the.new.me wrote:
To achieve different type of sounds obviously.
Not in any way obvious given that the person asking the question never said he had tried to do what he wanted to do using the FM oscillators.
He doesnt have to give this kind of information before asking the question in any obvious way, because it is not required, its his own buisiness if he has tried FM mode or not, not mine or anyone elses. He just asked if anyone tried to FM osc via mod matrix. Its that simple and i answered the question. :phones:

GRUMP
KVRian
561 posts since 11 Jun, 2019

Post Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:43 am

BONES wrote:
GRUMP wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:56 pm
Its Core-Engine is the Wavetable
That's an interesting thought because I use DUNE in just about every song and I have not so much as looked at the wavetable stuff. For me, DUNE's "core engine" is the standard V/A oscillators. They are the only thing I ever use in DUNE. The other stuff just gets in my way, which is why using DUNE annoys the hell out of me. I sometimes wish I still had my DUNE 1 installer.
You have a musical Approach. A "Ramp Pig" as we say around here... (saw your Profile Pic). I can understand very well that you dont want to care about that complicated "physical" Stuff - but I´d recommend to care about the Basics a little bit. There are Tons of WT that come with DUNE and billions of 2048 Samples WT out there. (visit https://charlesdickens.neocities.org/ - he´ll drown you with WT!).

Just ask if I can help somehow!

Cheers
Always on the Run ... :wheee:

zvenx
KVRAF
8326 posts since 16 Feb, 2005 from Kingston, Jamaica

Post Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:01 am

Isn't the Dune 1 installer still in your user section?
Mine still is.
rsp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sound sculptist

pierb
KVRist
98 posts since 28 Oct, 2010 from Mexico

Post Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:33 am

BONES wrote:
Because the FM oscillators are limited to sine waves.

mdstudio
KVRist
109 posts since 11 Dec, 2018

Post Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:39 am

the.new.me wrote:
BONES wrote:
pierb wrote:

Noise FM to Osc
Wavetable FM to Osc

What do you select in the matrix to achieve this?

the.new.me
KVRist

Post Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:11 am

mdstudio wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:39 am
the.new.me wrote:
BONES wrote:
pierb wrote:

Noise FM to Osc
Wavetable FM to Osc

What do you select in the matrix to achieve this?
Osc 1/2/3/noise to other Osc pitch (semi -
frequency)

mdstudio
KVRist
109 posts since 11 Dec, 2018

Post Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:48 am

the.new.me wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:11 am
Osc 1/2/3/noise to other Osc pitch (semi -
frequency)
Oh, interesting, so it's true frequency modulation, not phase modulation.

GRUMP
KVRian
561 posts since 11 Jun, 2019

Post Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:03 pm

BONES wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:55 pm
GRUMP wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:43 am
I can understand very well that you dont want to care about that complicated "physical" Stuff - but I´d recommend to care about the Basics a little bit. There are Tons of WT that come with DUNE and billions of 2048 Samples WT out there. (visit https://charlesdickens.neocities.org/ - he´ll drown you with WT!).
Firstly, if I ever run out of good sounds from the V/A oscillators I might consider looking at the wavetables, although I am more likely to explore the FM oscillator first. But most importantly, your post highlights why I have a total lack of interest in wavetables - there are insufficient hours in the day to explore the available deluge of wavetables and, on those occasions when I have dabbled - 20 years ago when I started using Orion, which has always had a native three oscillator wavetable synth - I discovered that it often didn't matter which wavetable you used and that the vast majority were just variations on a few themes anyway. (I have several hundred wavetables for Orion's WaveDream/WaveFusion.) Screwing around with stuff like that just doesn't interest me, it is too far removed from the business of writing songs.
That´s what I meant. An understandable Attitude - although I´d recommend to always look (at least) twice on such Things. It´s the same as with Songs/Sounds - or maybe also Plugins or whatever. I´ve just had a Moment of Desilusion last Week. What I firstly put away is now my secret Weapon.

Some nice WT-Sounds between the Factorys btw. (esp. MK)
Always on the Run ... :wheee:

Hink
Rad Grandad
32109 posts since 6 Sep, 2003 from Downeast Maine

Post Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:23 pm

I did a temp lock while I decided what to do...tbh shortly after I received a report...a year and a half old thread that has seen it's share of of toxic posting likely doesn't have long...if you want to keep it let's not launch into anymore over reactive attacks as I just deleted. Shame too, there was more to the post than that...but you know, if people cannot respect my request just to talk to people with respect and not attacks why should I bother to split it up? It's gone and a lot more might go with it...Done with it

D

O

N

E

but unlocked
Now I'm old, I puff my pipe
But no-one's there to see
I ponder on the lesson of my life's insanity

Return to “Instruments”