Come back from the dead!

Official support for: energy-xt.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

LYTZ wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:43 pm As you can see on his LinkedIn profile
he dropped energyXT officially in 2016 and
is still selling it.

It's a product. So, yeah. You still can buy the product. It wasn't pulled. Why should it be pulled? It works. But he is out.
Professional.

Halonmusic wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:46 pm
bungle wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:35 am Edit*
Tried contacting him via support, lets see.
any news?
Nah, nothing, doubt it is even an active mailbox.
Somebody ask him on linked in if he would sell it on to be open sourced.
Duh

bungle wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:14 pm
Halonmusic wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:46 pm
bungle wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:35 am Edit*
Tried contacting him via support, lets see.
any news?
Nah, nothing, doubt it is even an active mailbox.
Somebody ask him on linked in if he would sell it on to be open sourced.
Ah i see.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

bungle wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:14 pmSomebody ask him on linked in if he would sell it on to be open sourced.
Does that mean “somebody should do that” or “somebody actually did that”?

farlukar wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:24 am
bungle wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:14 pmSomebody ask him on linked in if he would sell it on to be open sourced.
He most likely meant 'somebody should do that' :hihi not shure why he can't do it himself :shrug:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Open source would be cool.

If Jørgen wants to sell (for a reasonably crowdfundable price) and if people are willing to step up to brush up/maintain the code.

Halonmusic wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:13 pm
He most likely meant 'somebody should do that' :hihi not shure why he can't do it himself :shrug:
Im not on linked in.
Duh

bungle wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:02 am
Halonmusic wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:13 pm
Im not on linked in.
neither am i :shrug:

Please Jorgem, come back, your daw is a gem. Open source is a real solution for us.

jklk
Last edited by codec_spurt on Thu Dec 23, 2021 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

codec_spurt wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:33 am
XT is what it is - I don't know how you would really bring it in to the roaring 20's. It still works pretty good.

It wouldn't take much effort at all to bring XT up to speed.
I agree it wouldn't take much to update it, from my own perspective.

Though other people may expect much more, we know in reality it must happen in steps.

As a one person 'product owner' / 'CTO' / 'developer' / 'tester' / 'business owner', perhaps attempting to satisfy everyone (all the quick win priorities, and the customer feature requests, and his personal vision for the software), would be difficult to think as possible to simultaneously satisfy, given limited financial return at its current price strategy.

To state the obvious: This is why in Agile the product owner takes on board opinions of 'all stakeholders' and prioritises.

It's not about everything, to everyone, it's about some progress, according to what's on balance considered important.
codec_spurt wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:33 am
People say that Jorgen got treated badly by his base and that he threw his toys out of the pram (rightfully so), but unless he has a particularly thin skin, he was not abused any more than your average developer by fanboys who couldn't get what they wanted. Some of it was a bit much in my eyes, but I've seen worse. We'll never know.
You could interpret the fanbase reactions in a number of different ways: Though a given comment could be interpreted as negative, the same comment is often coming from a passionate response from someone who cares.

The challenge is to deduce how much of that is valid, or an emotional overflow, whether it needs attention now or in the future, or not. To constantly shift the roadmap in effect.

:borg:

Behringer never owned Energy XT, it was a licensing deal thats all.
During the Behringer years, Jorgen did not update Energy XT, an employee did, if i remember correctly, could be wrong, Jorgen was mostly out sailing a yacht (that is no statement on his intent or anything else, just something I remember seeing)
Jorgen was never abused, this is a forum, people rightly said XT 2 is not as good as XT 1.4, that is not abuse but a truth for most of his user base.
Duh

bungle wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:00 am During the Behringer years, Jorgen did not update Energy XT, an employee did, if i remember correctly, could be wrong
In the early xt2 days Jørgen hired 2 part-timers for a while: hawk did design and pr stuff, henning coded effects. Henning dropped off the radar shortly after the Behringer deal, Håkon had already left then.
So most likely, XT Software was/is just Jørgen.

Return to “energyXT”